Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

RC_Alan, I'm a little surprised to hear that you "lost steering" during a race. Given the problems with the steering rack system the only problem I can possibly imagine is for the centering to get sloppier as the slider wears, but to lose steering you either have the servo saver spring tension too soft or something wrong in the rail adjustments, or bad servo-to-slider geometry.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:58 PM

Or maybe your receiver pack was too low. I know one time my pack was a little low and i was losing steering. i put a quick charge in it and all was fine had my steering back. now i know you need a good charge and i put a little charge inbetween runs
the extra torque it takes really drains the pack.
Jesse
Old 04-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think the problem he was having was the slop where the rails enter the servo saver. I guess it's plastic in there instead of a bushing? I'm no G4 mechanic so he just showed me where the problem was coming from.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:06 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by nickko
Thanks for your guys' support.

We are thinking & testing other steering choices. We hope in the future, you can just choose the one you like the most. More choice, more fun.
Great news Nickko, but what do you mean "in the Future" ???
1 - 2 months or like 6 months. Will it be a retrofit kit for existing G4's???
I'm asking this because if I do decide to buy a G4 now, will I have to change the car "in the future" ??? or will I be able to just buy a kit and fix the steering problem at a reasonable price.
I think all G4 users and potential buyers would like a more straight answer from Team Magic.

AFM
Old 04-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

I couldn't agree more on what rc-alan said. I ditch my G 4 a month ago. Not because it doesn't handle but because of the steering problem. Infact I won 2 times in the A main using this car. But I have to change the servo saver every 6-8 tanks of practice, imgine how many servo saver do I have to stock in month. I ve tried to set it up properly and follow some advice here but the problem still occuring. I even tried to modify Evo/MTX3/LD3 steering system into it but to no success. Lastly I got fed up and sold it. For those who just bought G4 pls dont get this wrong, the car handles very very good. If TM really got n update steering system(like GP4) I ll be the one who will but it again first.

Just my thoughts.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

mckrooz... Thanks again for your help Sunday... I almost pulled my car in and said skip it... afm... Thanks for your posts as well... I mention in a earlier post that the steering would bind midway through the throw... When you have metal to metal contact with not bushings or bearing to support the thing, binding and steering failure will occur. To fix that problem I had to place the ball stud in the lower hole on the servo arm... Max'd out my EPA on my radio to 140% left and right and still had to dial in my dual rate way above 100% just to have some steering with out the binding... that's just the short of it... You guys all know how positive I've been about the G4 and I'm still trying to be. Like I said and Mckrooz also said in his post, is that steering should be your last worry... I don't care about Serpent or any other car for that matter... I mention those cars in an earlier post because they don't have steering problems and what ever issue those other companies might be having can be fixed. Will TM correct this big problem now??? I really don't think so. Will they design there next car this way? No. That's there fix. There next car will have a different steering set up but for the present G4 owners... It's just to bad. I hope I'm wrong on this...Oh, my car is built right, my steering servo top notch KO PROPO 2143 digital and my battery pack in my radio and receiver were charged just before the race... Trust me, this isn't the first time that this has happen... More like the 7th time. What makes it so bad is it happen during a race. I'm the only G4 owner there trying to represent TM and every G4 owner the best I could.. Even had a Mugen owner as my pit man.... When I build a car and race I do things right.. I've posted pics of my cars here in forum as well... http://community.webshots.com/user/rc_alan
I think I have every K-factory hop up in there for the steering... I just wish Trinity would post a fix for this on there website or just support the car period... Nicko posts here only when there is a fire storm going on about the car... Actions speaks louder then words... I just hope all the G4 owners will be happy with there investments at the end of the racing season... Oh, and those who haven't had any problems yet with the steering... Just wait. I'm posting here in an effort to help all G4 owners current and future. afm conformed that it's not only here in the States but Spain and elsewhere as well. Dameetz... Great post also... I can only put a band aid on this and hope nothing happens during a race... TM and Trinity will have to come up with a permanent fix for this... Sooner rather then later...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 04-22-2004 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Nitropimp
710- Parts part and parts.. Everything has to modded to fit.
Sorry to budge in like this but I think you're referring to a different car... Pyramid would agree with me that everything on the 710 fits nicely.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
I know alot of people are having trouble with the S710 front shock shafts.
Nope. Problem is more on the plastics (front upper bumper, lower bumper and rear bottom arms) which is already updated as we speak.

It only breaks when you slam hard or nick the curb directly where the shocks are.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by 4racer
look at the serpent tread here in the forum and you can
read more problems as you can found at the g4.
Dieter, just need some clarifications. What problems that are considered serious on the 710? Please don't find this post offensive as I do not find any serious problems with the car.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by J FAST
im with you I think the steering problem does suck but just think how you would feel if you had a serpent they have a faq page and a 710 black book for all there problems ha plus ball diffs LOL yuck imagine rebuilding those every week not to mention how much it cost to rebuild the diffs.
Jesse, not intending to start a flame war but I believe the intention of creating a 710 FAQ was to collect all the post, hints, tips and suggestions in a single document so that any newbie would just need to download it and refer to it instead of looking them all over through the whole 710 thread.

I believe everyone would agree if you build a kit wrongly even if you had the best car in the world (if ever that existed), the car would still go wrong and would not perform up to expectations. That's what the FAQ was for. To give guidance and building tips to beginners so that they can learn what to do and what not to do.

As for the 710 Black Book, that's advance modifications compiled by Pyramid and his guys. I believe that's more of a hobby and his interest to push the limit to modifications done on the car if anyone's interested. To tell you the truth, I'm lazy and have not done a single suggestion on the webpage !

As to the question regarding the ball diffs, they do not need to be rebuilt after every race day. I think you got the wrong car !

With that said, I hope you guys get your steering problems sorted by TM in a more proactive way. Like somebody mentioned, no car is without faults. Peace.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by InitialD
Jesse, not intending to start a flame war but I believe the intention of creating a 710 FAQ was to collect all the post, hints, tips and suggestions in a single document so that any newbie would just need to download it and refer to it instead of looking them all over through the whole 710 thread.

I believe everyone would agree if you build a kit wrongly even if you had the best car in the world (if ever that existed), the car would still go wrong and would not perform up to expectations. That's what the FAQ was for. To give guidance and building tips to beginners so that they can learn what to do and what not to do.

As for the 710 Black Book, that's advance modifications compiled by Pyramid and his guys. I believe that's more of a hobby and his interest to push the limit to modifications done on the car if anyone's interested. To tell you the truth, I'm lazy and have not done a single suggestion on the webpage !

As to the question regarding the ball diffs, they do not need to be rebuilt after every race day. I think you got the wrong car !

With that said, I hope you guys get your steering problems sorted by TM in a more proactive way. Like somebody mentioned, no car is without faults. Peace.

Well said!
Old 04-22-2004, 02:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Forgot to add. Has Josh Cyrul or any team driver (Joel Johnson ) been referred to? How did they solve the steering problems on their G4?

Perhaps since Josh is on the electric RC thread, you guys could probably approach him to see what he had done on this car even though he does not drive it anymore.

I was also thinking this could be one of the very reasons why Josh uses the high torque KO2344 servos instead of the KO2343 high speed versions...
Old 04-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This whole steering issue is strange.

I've completed 4 30 min finals and probably around 25 to 30 5min qualifiers and never touched the steering on my G4 apart from the occasional pull the car apart and clean it session.

Its as smooth as the day I built it.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:45 AM

Sorry to budge in like this but I think you're referring to a different car... Pyramid would agree with me that everything on the 710 fits nicely.
Regarding the fits.. yes, S710 far better than G4, even better than MTX3 (becuase of older tooling perhaps). G4 is kind of close to S705 (but G4 is in a better side) as for fitments. S705 is the worst R/C car I ever build.

About those compilation on S710 modification we came up with, if I were to start making for the G4.. it will take more pages as it will cover from choosing the right screw to use until sanding those power pressed chassis.

No flamming intended, just wanted everyone to relaise that all cars are not perfect or otherwise there will be no room for improvement (or even option parts). Just choose whatever you comfortable with and never deny its flaws if you want to show its best.

Even if I prefer to use Serpent myself until now.. to be honest, I hate all their excuses when loosing on a big race. Take recent winternnats for refference. Are those engine marked MS meaning Mike Swager? instead of...

And yes, Mugen is rated #1 car being used worldwide as simply as you could see from the threads views/posts number in this website. It would means more people choose to use that brand but also it wouldn`t necessarily mean the best one!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:55 AM

Originally posted by nickko
Thanks for your guys' support.

We are thinking & testing other steering choices. We hope in the future, you can just choose the one you like the most. More choice, more fun.
This is the improvement I`m talking about and you all should be glad they think about fixing it by giving more choices. Just be sure they keep their promises.

What happenend to all racers with their Tamiya TB EVO3 on that `POS` shaft drive grearing issue? Any fix?... no, just wait for to be released soon EVO4. It would also the same when I said no improvement on MTX3 front knuckle... the car is soo great and is proven to many tracks.. how hard to revise the tooling for having such as rib to strengthen the parts (refer to G4 knuckle for better pictures), wait until MTX4? As for Serpent, big winning on many Europe races absolutely proof nothing for the worlds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.