Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

4Racer.......
Hiya,

Have u compared your time with the rear differential setup ?
I will find out this W/end coz I`m gonna to use the solid rear axle, and then switch to the diff in the meeting.

Jas1,

Due to work i would not be able to do any national this year apart from club meeting and Brooklands(1/10th open class and also 1/8th ).

The funny thing is that my 1/8th MRX3 is also under weight, had to add lead weight as well !!!!

What weight oil are you lot using in the rear diff ?

Oh by the way, if u are using ko steering, u can get the linkage to 90 degree. What i did was cut away about 2 - 3 mm fron the top part of the servo saver arm, and then refitted the ball link.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by xtreme888
4Racer.......
Hiya,

Have u compared your time with the rear differential setup ?
I will find out this W/end coz I`m gonna to use the solid rear axle, and then switch to the diff in the meeting.

Jas1,

Due to work i would not be able to do any national this year apart from club meeting and Brooklands(1/10th open class and also 1/8th ).

The funny thing is that my 1/8th MRX3 is also under weight, had to add lead weight as well !!!!

What weight oil are you lot using in the rear diff ?

Oh by the way, if u are using ko steering, u can get the linkage to 90 degree. What i did was cut away about 2 - 3 mm fron the top part of the servo saver arm, and then refitted the ball link.
Xtreme888... Great Post.. Installing it that way will cut down on alot of failed Steering servo savers... Question, are you using the soild rear axle while racing with a Lola body or Sedan??? And if you are using a Sedan body, why?

RC_Alan
Old 03-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

RC_Alan,

Actually never try a sedan body as i have been using a lola body all the time !!!

Found with the rear diff that i am losing alot of speed in the long sweeper, i.e full throttle and the car seem to be scrubbing off speed, hence gonna to solid axle.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default My G4 comming soon

Just ordered my G4 from RCNUT hope it comes quick, When I first saw this car here http://www.eaglemodel.com/en/cont01/new8.html

I knew I wanted one now one is finally winging its way here, has anyone got one of the trinity racing G4 Pro's and have any comments on it, aslo intruiged as to what comes in the box in terms of wheels (if any) body (if any) stuff like that,,
Old 03-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

exteme888---used 30000wt oil in rear diff, worked alright for me, am mainly a rubber tyre driver though so havnt done that much testing on foam.
as for steering servo i run futaba s9550, cuts out the hassle of making a different servo fit, pick them up for less than £50 from hongkong.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Jas1,

Several of my fellow club racers will be at Tibbys for the first national, but they will be driving 710 and mtx 3 !!! .

What rubber tyres, insert and off set you normally run, and what would you recommend for damp or wet conditions ? The reason i am asking is that if the weather is like this all the time....rain..rain...and more rain !!!!!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RE : Tibbys

I found this setup sheet based just on tibbys, its not a wet setup tho, hope it makes your life a bit easier

have a good one

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/doc...tibshelf03.pdf
Old 03-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Rookie

actually I just read your post again , serpents in the G4 section, TUT TUT, just kidding, maybe just do a !google serpent 710 setup sheets
Old 03-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hiya...

I thought i update u on my upgrade. After changing the chassis, solid rear axle, and the carbon plate(where the fifth body post go)........the original weight was 1660g with half tank fuel........new weight with same amount of fuel (have not emptied the tank during rebuild ) ..........1668g !!!!!!!!!!. Hey, that is not bad, but i hope the solid axle will improve the corner speed of fast sweepers !

I also changed the sliding rail mounts and found the steering to be smoother and concise.

Race day tomorrow and i am gonna to use solid axle in round 1 and 3 and then diff in 2 and 4 !!! Whatever give me better time will be use in the final. One major problem will be fuel consumption coz i am using the old tank, and i have not even timed a full 5 minutes running yet !!!

The chassis is so nice and shiny that i dread to look under it after the first round !!
Old 03-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default rubber tyres

i use standard offset wheels (0), this year i will be mainly using ing wheels, tyres and inserts (distributed by microtech racing), work well at most tracks, maybe the odd set of take off cs with echo medium inserts.
as for damp, if track is just damp with no standing water you can use pit D20 with standard insert, or pit intermediates D20 (D20 with slight tread pattern) with standard insert.
if its wet then pit narrow wets D20 with standard insert.
will be at tibby tomorrow, should be a busy day with national being next weekend, although weather not looking to promising.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default rubber tyres

oops.

Last edited by jas1; 03-20-2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

I just got my K-factory rear shock tower and TM pipe (Thank you Rcnut). I am going to start putting my car together. Does anyone know the part number for the shock bladders that are better than the stock ones? Also I read that most people were using 37 30 tires. That seems soft, is the car that easy on tires.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

I am looking to find whats the best engine for the G4 that will be race leagal here in the u.k, in terms of cost I am not all that bothered but as long as the thing will not burn out on me that easy, I dont mind tuning it precisely as I have tuned cars and MTX bikes and my RC's that I have now,
Old 03-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Cytrax

I have a rossi black pixi in one and the new sirio evo 2 3 port in my 2nd kit. I have never had any problems with any of the sirio engines I have ever ran. The black pixi is my first rossi and am still working on the break in.
Old 03-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RCNUT

What price are you doing the "sirio evo 2" for shipped to me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.