Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hello....

I am using a strong servo a KO PS2174 !!!

Just finish rebuilding the steering system. found that the plastic gear in the servo snapped !!!! Gonna to replace gear with spare.

On the other hand, the problem is that if the tension is too loose, you will get understeer onpower, but if it too tight you could break the plastic part !!!! Help a no win situation !!!

Nickko..

The steering system is good, but it could be improve on, i.e, could the top half be modified so that a 1/8th servo saver could be used, as they are more strudy and efficient ( i never ever damaged a steering servo in 3 years racing with 1/8th on road !!!)

IMHO Nickko, could some laternal thinking with 1/8th servo saver, that could be adapted to the current steering system
Old 02-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nickko: I find that technique still doesnt tighten the steering up enough. Here's what I do:

After loosening off the sliding rail mounts screws I placing a screw driver under the steering rod and rest it against the main chassis. Juggling the screw driver, main chassis and allen key, I place a small amount of pressure on the screw driver and then tighten the sliding rail mounts screws. I do this for both sides. Sliding the servo mount to the opposite side I am tightening.

Seems to work very well for me. No breakages, no busted servo's, etc.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default March Specials Are Up

Hey all the March Specials page is up and we have some good deals. CHeck them out www.rcnutshobbies.com
Old 02-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

xtreme888... I to have a KO-PROPO steering servo and have gone through 2 plastic gears since Nov 2003... The plastic gear in the PDS-2123/2143/&PS-2173 are a weak link with the KO-PROPO servos... Everyone I know with there Digital servos have gone through at least one plastic gear.... Buy some extra gears from KO-PROPO for $3.50 USD. Great company, great radio's, great servo's but that plastic gear is.... I have a Hitec servo in my other G4 for steering and never had a problem... Follow Nickko's link on how to build the steering system and all should be good... See, it's great to have Tech support direct for the TM... Kmac's info on a thread he started awhile back is good reading also for how to build the steering system. If anyone is racing the G4, you should invest in the Alum steering rail mounts from K-factory... about $9.00 USD. Keep the area clean and well maintain... You should'nt have to many problems with the steering system... Food for thought.. You can never have enough extra parts.. Buy a couple of extra servo savers anyway. K-Factory has a nice new plactic unit, that's a little better then stock and should last a very long time... Check with Nickko, RCNUT or The bordor RC and see if they got the new updated k-factory plactic servo saver in stock yet... Good luck

RC_Alan
Old 02-28-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Rc_Alan,

firstly thank for the advice

Just replaced the plastic gear in servo !!!

Do U have the k factory part number for the new stronger plastic servo saver?

Belts seem to go through quiet quick as well, already replaced two front and one long belt !! R the new low friction belts any good, or other make of belts that are interchangeable with the E class ?

Old 02-28-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi,
Anybody know what is the internal ratio for the G4 and how to calculated them? what is the best gears combo do guys used?
TQ
Old 02-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

I assume its a 3 belt system so use my spreadsheet at the link below

http://www.ziggy12345.plus.com/ashby-ic/

Go to technical help and see the V-1-rr MPH calculator
Old 02-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Nitropimp
RC- Alan did you get just a standard ofna 1/10 bladder kit to upgrade on the G4??? Also just curious did you ever get your upgraded fuel tanks???

thanks
I have an extra GS 1/10 bladder kit lying around, will that do the job as well?
Old 02-28-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

xtreme888... You'll have to ask Nickko about the part number and when K-factory/TM will release the updated steering servo saver... As far as belts... I only had to change the rear belt once on one of my G4's.. Make sure you're using the right belts.. The front belt will be alittle larger then the rears... Some cars like the HPI R40 use the same size belt front and rear... The G4 uses a little bit larger one for the front... You might have the belts on backwards... Don't know... Kyosho VoneR belts work on the G4 also as does the Reflex belts...

Bballer, Those GS 1/10 shock bladders might work... You'll have to test them out and see... I used the OFNA bladder kit and they work for me... Good luck

RC_Alan
Old 02-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Man I wish I had TM stuff over here!!

NickKo- Man I just came from the Team Magic BB. WOW you guys have some nice stuff!!!! I'm serious drop Trinity!!! Find a distributor that will carry most of your items... Really!!! I thought you guys were some small company trying to put a great touring car. But heck you guys are HUGE!! I mean in the US where can I buy the Glow Starters, Racing Bag, Engine Head etc......? I mean heck you guys have good products!!! What is the US a small distribution????? Get those guys at Trinity to start selling this stuff.... or drop em... Man I wish my LHS would carry your stuff..
Old 02-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default TM Parts

were not in the USA but in Europe but we have it all
just my 2 cents
Old 02-28-2004, 04:28 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by xtreme888
Hello.........................Nickko

The steering system is good, but it could be improve on, i.e, could the top half be modified so that a 1/8th servo saver could be used, as they are more strudy and efficient ( i never ever damaged a steering servo in 3 years racing with 1/8th on road !!!)

IMHO Nickko, could some laternal thinking with 1/8th servo saver, that could be adapted to the current steering system
Yeah Nickko

I was thinking on something like the steering system of the Hobao GP4, and whose pictures can be seen at this post on your forum:

www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79

Can that system be adapted to the G4???

I think that system would "cure" the issues of steering on the G4.

I'm not doubting that your engineering dpt. has desingned the current system as beeing ideal, but on practical real world it is a complicated system that needs to much attention and by reading many posts on different forums, including yours, it is an issue.

Any way congratulations on the car you make. Keep up the good work.

AFM
Old 02-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default GOT ME an Eclass

hey guys im new to this forum i race here in fla. i just pick a g4 e class a few days ago 4 150.00 man i luck up on that 1 the guy when then 710 way. i need to get a good gear setup to clear a 260 ft straight away. i also hve a mtx3,an yokomo gt4w.an ntc3.so i hve been hearing go things about the g4. i use to race in va. i guy i raced had 1 an the thing was super fast.thx bobby
Old 02-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

impalabob64... Change your 2nd gear from the 47 tooth gear to the 46 spur gear.... A quick speed boost for all of 6-7 dollars... There are a few other gear changes you can do to your clutch gear as well... Oh, if you can, pick up the Team Magic Tune pipe at your LHS... If they don't carry it, have them order it for your or get one at The bordor RC website... That pipe can add bottom end and top end to your car.... I've tried the RD Logics. Yokomo, and Novarossi pipes... Hands down, the TM pipe is light years better then those... Peeps at the tracks I run at always ask me what pipe is that??? And the shops that do carry it, always run out of them... The G4 is a light car and will benifit from a High end motor as well... The Novarossi NS3... The new Sirio motor and if you can find one, a 5 port Rossi black Pixy.. Now that motor screams with that pipe on it... Just a little speed tip secret...

RC_Alan
Old 02-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

afm... Good post.... The G4 steering system does work very well and I race both my cars very hard and I haven't had to many problems with it... Could it be better??? Yes... But, like any other car, you'll have to bullet proof things and that area of the G4 can be bullet proof with out trying to adapt one system with another.... I do see what you're saying about the New OFNA GP4... All things are possible... I dropped a TRX2.5 into my NTC3 and the things was a Monster at the track.... The guys at the track couldn't believe how fast the car was... That's another post for another forum... http://community.webshots.com/user/rc_alan

Anyways... The stock steering setup for the G4 works very well once you get the hang of it and I must say, the steering is the smoothest with this setup/stock then any other nitro car I've driven... Check out Nickko post and kmac's post about bullet proofing the G4's steering... Once done, you really won't need to change to anything else....

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.