Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The key to finding support among hobby shops is to find a *real* (read: not a hobby shop looking for a good deal, but someplace with an actual list of contacts!) distributor. Obviously Great Planes and Horizon would be hard to pick up, but there are still others out there that you can approach with at least a co-op marketing plan or something.

On another note: Selling parts directly from the factory is what is killing Serpent in the U.S. Why should anyone buy parts from Serpent U.S.A. when the factory is selling parts from Europe below retail? A similar situation exists for Team Magic in that the parts can be bought overseas for less, most of the time. That's just the way the market is, but once again, this issue can be addressed. I have to admit I bought my G4's and parts from Jet Hobby in HK, during a trip there. I dropped my Trinity sponsorship because it was cheaper for me to buy it in HK!

The G4 is a great car and almost all of Team Magic's parts are awesome, but it's really hard to make a dent in the market without any sort of support or office in the U.S. RCTech is a great place, but the Internet is not the same as having someone to talk to. Too many wrong ideas are spread around, and people take it as gospel.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I agree.

the G4 is as good or better than the current main stream choice (mtx-3). The problem lies with not having the top level drivers driving the car. Most people in this hobby are followers and if the car itself doesn't do well in major events, people don't think the car is any good.

Hardly any local hobby shops carry the g4 or parts anymore. I have to special order my parts each time.

I look forward to the new new steering (even though I haven't had any problems with the current sterring) and the new clutch parts. It will be a complete car as soon as the new gears are produced to allow correct gear ratios for small/medium tracks.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as I know there are no Hobby Stores in Canada carry the G4. So I buy all of my parts from Hong Kong. Shipping is faster from Hong Kong than it is to buy parts from the US.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default G4 Parts

If you guys are looking for G4 parts Powerline Racing has them in stock. I do not work for the shop, just passing along the info because I know I had a hard time finding parts until I contacted them.

http://www.powerlineracing.com/
Old 08-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The G4 TQ'ed and finished second last year at the ROAR Nats at Revelation last year, with two cars in the A-main. Results in the U.S. can't get much better than that. It finished 2nd this year in the Open class (no big-name drivers, haha). Hell, an HPI won last year...is that car selling as well as the MTX-3? I doubt it. Unfortunately Trinity didn't promote the G4 at all. See below.

I do agree that the car needs higher ratios for short tracks. I've had good luck on our local setup with 100-120' main straights, but I think the gearing could be better. After all, a majority of tracks aren't made for 1/8 scales...

The big problem is with promotion and availability now...the car has already proven itself on the track more than once in the United States. Even in Team Magic's home country of Taiwan, the car isn't very popular from what racers have said over there. Cars have to be sent to magazines. New parts when they come out need press releases. HYPE IT UP. It's all about the most BS anyway.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default The Ugly Ducking Syndrome

Here we go again. The G4 is one of the most serious nitro touring cars on the the market, with just about every option you can die for. THe problem is that there is a lot of sour tastes in the mouths of the US market because of past relations with another distributor. THe car had gone through some refinement since then, and here we are to the present state, the EVO.
This car has most of the common problems solved, runs like a rapped ape, and is very hard to beat. Sounds pretty convincing huh? Well, it is.... Brooklyn Hobbies, AKA Powerline Racing supports, stock and races the G4 EVO's. We test all different stuff on the car to make it run better than the fast guy, and still remain a G4 EVO. You see many people trying this or trying that from other manufacture's, but Magic and Kfactory parts should be all that you need.
Right now Brooklyn HObbies is preparing to venture out to the Nitro Sedan Nat's, in Toledo, OH, so they may be a little bit difficult to get a hold of, but rest assured if you need something, they've got it. Tell Richie I sent you. Check out his website @ Brooklynhobbies.com, or call 718-951-2500 for your needs. ttyl.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

V6vroom,
I live in ohio about 1 hour from toledo. Do you think he will have parts for the G4 in stock there at the races??

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default .

Mike, give him a ring, tell him to bring what you need, or have it shipped immediatley. Thats all I can say about that.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Regional Moderator

I think this new system is quite good.
But still don't know the difference in handling because it looks like the ackerman angle also changing.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:58 AM

Originally posted by daniz24
I think this new system is quite good.
But still don't know the difference in handling because it looks like the ackerman angle also changing.
not taking girlfriend out on Friday night?
Old 08-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Pyramid
not taking girlfriend out on Friday night?
Both are sick What about you?
Old 08-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Aw man that steering system looks like a winner. I wish I was able to try it out.
If any of you guys are looking for a project or parts car. Check out my sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=48798

Sorry, if I am breaking some rules posting this.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Aw man that steering system looks like a winner. I wish I was able to try it out.
If any of you guys are looking for a project or parts car. Check out my sale.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=48798

Sorry, if I am breaking some rules posting this.
Aggdaddy:

Why are you giving up on the TM G4 with the new steering system due very shortly?

BB
Old 08-30-2004, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

My domestic situation is changing and that means I won't have the spare change to spend on the cars nor the space to keep it all.

That steering system looks nice. I just wish they had brung it out sooner.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default PARIS RACE

Are any of you guys going to the Paris race in October?

Also does anyone have a good starting point for gearing at Vegas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.