Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

are you sure?? i remember hearing it somewhere, i think josh cyrul used it. could it have been kyosho?? Sorry, ill try to find where i read it
Old 07-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

The only thing I have found is in one of Cyrul's setup sheet, he talks about a trinity red shoe clutch. But that is all that is said.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Ahh!! i read it in rcca, they had josh's setup and he used the TRINITY red clutch shoes. I remember a while back some of the other trinity ft drivers switched to it.
How experienced are you with the centax? You may not have enough end play so the clutch can't engage enough. I am just learning this clutch, but that happened to me before
Old 07-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Ahh!! i read it in rcca, they had josh's setup and he used the TRINITY red clutch shoes. I remember a while back some of the other trinity ft drivers switched to it.
How experienced are you with the centax? You may not have enough end play so the clutch can't engage enough. I am just learning this clutch, but that happened to me before

I have used them for a while now. I have played a lot with end play and haven't noticed much change. I am going to work tonight on clutch gap and see if that helps.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, You probably know a lot more about them than me Good luck, centaxes can be a pain
Old 07-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

R/C Car Action had a good article in the August issue about setting up a centax clutch.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, ill have to check it out. My subscription was supposed to start in may, but for some reason i havn't received anything yet
Old 07-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Centax Issues

Tm is aware of issue's and are redisgning the shoe material according to Nick. But what can you do for now you ask. The team Trinity red shoe has fallen off of the face of the planet, so forget it. The mUgen clutch is way to big, forget that. Kyosho's clutch is nice, but rare. So I looked at the Snake's clutch,, I am going to retrofit that to my car for now. You just want to fit something to the car so if it fails trackside you can get parts.

With the factory centax, make sure the clutch nut is tight using the bronze collet that came with the car kit, then set up the clutch show with the nut. I use the K factory blue spring. Only showing one and a half threads above the nut. THen I installed the bell housing and thrust adding shims to equal .5mm endplay. My clutch worked well but the flywheel is damaged. This is why I have changed.

Last, some people are saying the updated steering is a copy of NCTC3's. NO WAY does associated rack look, and fit like the TM steering. Rc Alan I cant wait to see your idea, my car is apart from the tank foward awaitng the transplant. Be sure to list part #'s. Thanks.,

Oh yeah, who is going to the Nitro Nat's? I am....
Old 07-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have pics of my G4 steering retro fit work... It's coming along nicely and should be completed in about 3-5 more days... I wish I could post them here, but You all can check them out on my webshots page... If anyone know's how I can upload pictures directly from a computer to a post here on this thread... Please let me know... Thanks

RC_Alan

http://community.webshots.com/user/rc_alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 07-20-2004 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Centax Issues

Originally posted by Vr6vroom
Tm is aware of issue's and are redisgning the shoe material according to Nick. But what can you do for now you ask. The team Trinity red shoe has fallen off of the face of the planet, so forget it. The mUgen clutch is way to big, forget that. Kyosho's clutch is nice, but rare. So I looked at the Snake's clutch,, I am going to retrofit that to my car for now. You just want to fit something to the car so if it fails trackside you can get parts.

With the factory centax, make sure the clutch nut is tight using the bronze collet that came with the car kit, then set up the clutch show with the nut. I use the K factory blue spring. Only showing one and a half threads above the nut. THen I installed the bell housing and thrust adding shims to equal .5mm endplay. My clutch worked well but the flywheel is damaged. This is why I have changed.

Last, some people are saying the updated steering is a copy of NCTC3's. NO WAY does associated rack look, and fit like the TM steering. Rc Alan I cant wait to see your idea, my car is apart from the tank foward awaitng the transplant. Be sure to list part #'s. Thanks.,

Oh yeah, who is going to the Nitro Nat's? I am....
we did test the snake clutch last week it will fit twithout any problem .the only problem is that the gearing of the snake clutch gears are not higher then 18-23 so its ok for medium tracks .
but for long tracks its a little to short.
we did also made a red shoe from Mugen to fit the K clutch lot of work to get it fit.
Nick told me there coming soon we new clutch shoe so keep up
Old 07-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've posted 7 pics... Let me know what you all think of the work/idea... Oh, that bellcrank is from a Mugen MTX3... I wish I could post the pics here..... I've tried everything....

RC_Alan

http://community.webshots.com/user/rc_alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 07-20-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

RC_Alan
Old 07-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rc_alan
I've posted 7 pics... Let me know what you all think of the work/idea... Oh, that bellcrank is from a Mugen MTX3... I wish I could post the pics here..... I've tried everything....
Looks good. If you want to link pics onto this forum, I suggest you subscribe to picture hosting sites like www.picturetrail.com. They support displaying pics on forums using the IMG tags. Best part is they are free.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rc_alan question

Where does the arm that goes from the servo to the mtx-3 bell crank hook up. In the picture you have posted i see where the arms attach that go to the wheels but i don't see in any of the pictures what part you used to hook the servo arm linkage up to the bell crank. If you could take some more pics from the rear and maybe a pic or two will full throw left and right with the wheels on that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default new motor and shell pics

Here are some pics of my new motor installed and all the other goodies i got from rcnuts and a few pics of the new body i painted.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.