Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: steering update

Originally posted by Vr6vroom
That itself, is what make the G4 special, now it is going to look like everything else.
I agree with you, those true ackerman is really a good stuff. What should they do is to keep this system and do alittle modification to solve some of our friends problems. How about TC3 steering style?

If this true, maybe that's why they're going to release a new car The decision is not final though, I assumed they still need input from their driver and also their distributor...
Old 06-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default v6vroom

Raul,

What did you do to the steering rails again. It turns out that the crash bent the front rail a bit so I am replacing both of them. I want to do it right so they slide side to side like yours.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default steering changes

I was thinking along the lines of the Yokomo SD rack or something like it... I just need the donor parts to make it work. But for now my servo saver is perfect. One thing at a time.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Here's an idea why don't they put a set screw that can push on the servo rail mounts from the front that way they won't loosen up. I mean those servo rail mounts are small and are easily stripped so you can't really tighten them down very hard.

Mike
Old 06-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: steering update

Originally posted by daniz24

If this true, maybe that's why they're going to release a new car The decision is not final though, I assumed they still need input from their driver and also their distributor...
Now is this new car just going to have the optional steering included, or is it an all new design? I sure hope it just has the optional steering included, b/c tm shouldn't be dropping the g4 for say, a g5.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

rcnut
i want to buy pmb set up, im in ny as well. can we do something about those taxes? drop me a pm when you have a chance.
thanks
Old 06-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Aggdaddy, rossi motor question

How many shims should i have on my motor with an OS #8 plug running odonnel 20 percent nitro race blend fuel? Also can i just take the head off by unscrewing the bolts through the heat sink?

Mike

Last edited by budlightnmyhand; 06-30-2004 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Ok i took the 4 screws out of the heat sink and took everything out except the piston even. There is not one mark on the sleeve after 2 quarts of fuel. When i took it apart there was only one shim. How can i tell if i have the turbo button on there or not?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Im not aggdaddy but im pretty sure the rossi engines come shimmed for 20%, so stock shimming should be fine. Also check out the rossi thread in the nitro engine zone
Old 06-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

budlightnmyhand... If you can run a standard plug, then it's a standard button and not a turbo button... I wouldn't use a OS.# 8 plug in there.... OS. plugs are short plugs and the Rossi uses long plugs... You can use any Novarossi, Rossi, Top, or NovaMega plug in your Rossi motor... Use the stock shim that's on the head button and if you're using 20% nitro, you'll be fine running a warm plug... Hope the info helps... Oh, the difference between a standard plug and turbo plug is that the standard plug is smaller and uses a shim and the turbo is larger and requires no shim... There's more to it, but that's the just of it...

RC_Alan
Old 06-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah i noticed the damn plug was pretty short. It is the regular head, it has a number 3 on it. So i will use the shim with my 20 percent nitro content. Hmm, which plug should i run again (which do you prefer)? Do you have a link to it on towers website? Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

rc_alan, nice to hear from you again still got that g4??
Old 06-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I still have my G4 bballer... I won't run it until the steering conversion comes out... Man... that car has just about every k-factory hopup on it too... I also found out that since the steering rails and servo saver made everything smooth when new... It also slows down the steering when compared to a Yokomo, Mugen or Serpent... When the steering is slowed... It will cause the car to push on certain types of turns... Just another little tid-bit... Hey, I love the car and I'll hold on to until the update comes out... I would only sell it to the right person... TM... Many of your custormers are still waiting....

RC_Alan
Old 06-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

i emailed to confirm the update is being modeled after the rrr evo, waiting for a reply, but it sounds like an announcement is coming up . We'll see, nickko, where you at??
Old 06-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

TM is going to end up missing an entire racing season... I hate driving what everybody else is driving.... But Man, No more head-aches and the car I'm driving now has no steering issues what so ever... My investment in the G4 is to much to give up right now... But to race, I needed a car that is proven.... I have that now... The G4 could be in the same league as the Mugens, Kyosho, and Serpents... Updates needs to come out now, not almost a year later... Remember, some of us have been asking for a fix from TM since last year almost... If we have to wait til Aug/Sept for the update... I know some folks just can't switch cars in mid-season... The investment is just to great... I know some here just race to have fun and it's no big deal... But to have fun, your car needs to be dialed in just like the pros for you to hang with the pros....

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.