Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks brooklynrc, and good choice going with ko propo . I have stock gearing, it wouldn't be my mesh, would it? Also, on the topic, how do you set mesh on nitro cars, on electric you can just slide the paper in between or eye it up, but with nitro i cna only tell the mesh on the first gear, dont know if the one in back is even or crooked
Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Motor question

In your guys' opinion which is a better motor ( not worrying about money) the Novarossi NSR12S5 or the Sirio EVO II? Which one is easier/easiest to tune, which one lasts longer, and which one has the best overall powerband?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-23-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Motor question

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
In your guys' opinion which is a better motor ( not worrying about money) the Novarossi NSR12S5 or the Sirio EVO II? Which one is easier/easiest to tune, which one lasts longer, and which one has the best overall powerband?

Thanks,
Mike
I'm sure a motor guru will answer your questions shortly but first try to find links (apologies, I don't have them handy here) to good websites that explains tuning.

Your questions involve so many variables that there isn't an easy answer. For example tuning depends on what you want to achieve in terms of performance. That in itself depends on fuel mix and quality, plug, shims, clutch, gearing, car efficiency (how ell built it is and its own rolling performance), ambient temperature, humidity, pipe etc etc.

As to which lasts longer ... depends on how you use and maintain your engines.

I'm keen to see and learn what the Guru's will say ...
Old 06-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

I can tune my rossi motor in pretty well and that carb is a PITA to get set right. I don't ever run my motors to lean. Clutch should have nothing to do with what i asked. I asked for the motor with the best power band (most usable range of rpm's that have good power) then i can adjust my clutch and gearing accordingly.

mike
Old 06-23-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

I can tune my rossi motor in pretty well and that carb is a PITA to get set right. I don't ever run my motors to lean.
Ooops ... did I insult your tuning abilities in some way? That wasn't the intention.

Clutch should have nothing to do with what i asked.
Well, maybe that is what some people think, I (and a few others too) differ in our opinion. Its up to you though ...

I asked for the motor with the best power band (most usable range of rpm's that have good power) then i can adjust my clutch and gearing accordingly.

mike
Good point about the usable range of rpm's. Perhaps you can clarify what rpm is useable and what is not
(and associated power)? I'm now learning something new ... its never too late I guess.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Motor question

Here, we still prefer the NSR and if you want more bottom-mid power my friends always say that you should try the RRL.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default what motor?

I can tune my rossi motor in pretty well and that carb is a PITA to get set right. I don't ever run my motors to lean. Clutch should have nothing to do with what i asked. I asked for the motor with the best power band (most usable range of rpm's that have good power) then i can adjust my clutch and gearing accordingly.

mike
Mike what Rossi based engine are you using?
Old 06-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

rossi pixie .12 3 port
Old 06-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Default motor

Mike, does that use a turbo or standard plug? and what plug are you using?
Old 06-24-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

It uses a non-turbo plug and i'm running the #8 plug (forget what brand that is). I have no clue what shims are in the motor or how to test my head clearence.

Mike
Old 06-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Stock side belt front pulley size?

I chewed the crap out of the outside pulley near the exhaust mount. I want to keep the stock gearing. Which aluminum pulley should i get. I don't know what the stock teeth is.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

The stock tooth is 27, you can the 26 tooth one but you will need a different belt.

One question for you guys which the difference between the 27 and 26 tooth? Should I purchase one?
Old 06-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

I kinda figured that out now. I saw there was a special belt for the 26tooth one so i figured stock was 27
Thanks for the confirmation though.

Mike
Old 06-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Default plugs

Mike,
for the standard plugs, I would use a plug in the range of a Mccoy #59. That is the best all around plug, I have used. try this and then check everything else.

BrooklynRc,
I just confirmed that i will be present on Sunday at Jackson Raceway, in NJ. You going?
Old 06-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Regional Moderator

New part number added, thanks to TM :

K1419-1 : G4 Fuel Tank Cap Only

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.