Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default belt tension

Try using a couple of small washers in between the front carrier and the chassis. This will elevate the carrier which will elevate the belt off of the chassis. Shouldn't throw anything off. Seems like the Kfactory Chassis may be the problem.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, I just figured it out. Your chassis is different than mine. I saw a few differences in yours and mine. Are you sure that you have a K-Factory 4mm chassis? Because there are some differences .. like under the servo saver block, I have cut outs. Yours doesn't seem to be cut out underneath the servo saver block. There is a little dimple next to your middle mount that I don't have.

So maybe you have a different version of the chassis or something totally different.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Chassis

K factory came out with two different 4mm chassis. They changed it a bit from the first one. THe new one is part # k1475. That it why it probably looks different. Aggdaddy, if you got one from me a while back you may have the first version like I do.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

So is that the G4 Evo chassis?
Old 05-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Chassis

Originally posted by RCNUT
K factory came out with two different 4mm chassis. They changed it a bit from the first one. THe new one is part # k1475. That it why it probably looks different. Aggdaddy, if you got one from me a while back you may have the first version like I do.
Ahh, our parts supplier knows whats up.

Yeah I've been sitting on this chassis for awhile and just installed it a couple of weeks ago.

Kooooooool
Old 05-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default chassis

no the evo chassis is not blue and it is only 3mm. They never updated the chassis in the evo kits
Old 05-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

I was wondering how you could sell it for $299, being a G4 with upgraded parts. I paid $370 for my plain ole E-class.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy Broken G4 :(

Hi guys,

Took my car out today and on the first run smashed into the conrete gutter at full throttle. What happened was that on the first few laps the car would launch itsellf after hitting second gear and I would have to brake hard to stop the car.

Then a few laps later on the main straight the car just launched itself after hitting second gear and that was a bent chassis at full throttle. It behaved like a radio glitch. I have heard somewhere that the G4 can experience radio glitches because the engine is too close to the reciever.

I checked the people around and no one was near my frequency, there are no power lines near by, and all batteries are fully charged.

Has anyone experienced it, or know of a solution.

Here the photo of the aftermath

Thanks

Sami
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-bent.jpg  
Old 05-22-2004, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

Another picture
Attached Thumbnails Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type-bent2.jpg  
Old 05-22-2004, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

ttektek, that sucks you broke your car. Same thing happened to me. Hey i noticed radio interference also. Yes i think its from the motor. I have my receiver in the spot where yours supposed to also. Oh well,
Fix up your car and get her running again.
Mike
Old 05-22-2004, 04:50 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Budlightnmyhand,

Where is your reciever now placed?
Did you fix the problem?

Sami
Old 05-22-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

No i didn't fix that problem. Its not bad. I think it was also my batts in my TX were bad. I'm going to run my car again today and i'll let you know if i have the same problem again. It didn't mess up how my car drove but i did notice it when i was going to start my car up on the box. Oh well. Shouldn't be to bad.

Mike
Old 05-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ttektek
Hi Budlightnmyhand,

Where is your reciever now placed?
Did you fix the problem?

Sami
we had similar problems too....what we did was reroute the antenna wire closer to the receiver...chk a few post back I think there a few pics to show what was done....
Old 05-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ttektek
Another picture

Oops! Must have been a hard bash!
Old 05-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default this is funny!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by afm
Thanks Alan, but shaft drive cars don't fit my driving style, besides they are very abrupt in acceleration and braking, which makes them unstable for dusty conditions, not to mention the fragilty of NTC3. I'll just keep my GT-4 for the moment, and by the way have no problems with belts and maintenance. Here to the top drivers use belt cars, and I have the track record with my Sirio "evo2" / GT-4 combo.
It's just that I'm researching for my next car and.......I like the balance and performance of the G4 but......that steering system is not trustable from what I've read in this forum ........parts availabilty????....... uuhmmmm!!! We'll wait and see what comes up. Maybe a G4 EVO, jajajajajajaja
AFM
AFM, you should be like Nostradomus, if you were to read the last line in the quote you will see what I mean.!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.