New ninja 12 wont fire!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ninja 12 wont fire!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

the only company to help me was kyosho usa with the sirio evo3sti motor when i broke the crank,
i got another motor and it was ok and yep broke the crank again so i got another crank and gear the motor differently and its ok but a tad slow.
other motor company's did not help with my motor's
sorry no warranty the motor was run to much.
and ill say again the ninja is the best motor iv ever run.
the bearings the fit of the crank the piston and sleeve the carb all work the best
well to me anyway.
and if something happened the my ninja's id gladly buy more of them.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
So there is a normal warranty ? And that is ?
If a warranty says you may kill your mother in law when the product is broken you do believe that as well ?

Warranty can be different over the world, in Holland under EG laws warranty is a must for commercial products and is something between the shop and the customer regardless what the factory says. Problem is that shops are hiding behind the crappy warranty's of the factory and a lot of customers are taking that....

I know one distributor who says these are "high quality" racing engines and because of that there is no warranty while the factory has more tolerance. But I can buy this stuff as a toy and run it on full speed up and down in my 200 meter long street so I am not racing it, then I do have warranty ?

With simple investigation it is easy to see if the engine has runned to lean, with to high compression, had a wrong/short run-in proces, had a bad airfilter etc. so it should be easy to see if an engine has warranty or not.

And in this topic an engine even did not see the track at all must have warranty at any time, because it was a fault of the factory.
In the U.S., unless explicitly stated, there is no warranty. In the absence of something in writing, the distributor or retailer is free to support the product in any manner they so choose. If it's clear that it's a defect in material or workmanship, most companies will make good on it with the customer - but that is their choice, not an obligation.

That's why many companies have in writing, "We offer no warranty, explicit or implied."
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Straight from the warranty section of the documentation CD...

WARRANTY
This engine has been produced using high technology materials and maximum precision machines. However, you have to consider that the severe conditions prevailing during competitions and the use of fuel containing increasing quantities of nitromethane constitute situations that cannot be controlled by the manufacturer.
We therefore regret that we cannot extend our normal warranty conditions to this engine.
In the U.S., unless explicitly stated, there is no warranty. In the absence of something in writing, the distributor or retailer is free to support the product in any manner they so choose. If it's clear that it's a defect in material or workmanship, most companies will make good on it with the customer - but that is their choice, not an obligation.

That's why many companies have in writing, "We offer no warranty, explicit or implied."

that warrany is assuming you ran the engine and broke it......and that I would tolerate..

not an engine that has(HAD, obviously, from the OP's continued thread) a defect before it is even run......

of course, we don't what Mugen USA would even had done on a NEVER RUN engine, as the customer fixed the DEFECT without calling mugen, but based on the posts in this thread, they would not have said much..........
Old 09-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

I think "never run" is debateable, given that he did put fuel in it and turned it over on the starter box. If it never saw a fuel a drop and was never on the starter box, I would classify that as "never run."

IMO, it's possible to completely mess up an engine just by trying to start it.

You know we're just nit-picking, eh Harry?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

I think "never run" is debateable, given that he did put fuel in it and turned it over on the starter box. If it never saw a fuel a drop and was never on the starter box, I would classify that as "never run."

IMO, it's possible to completely mess up an engine just by trying to start it.

You know we're just nit-picking, eh Harry?

if you can't get it started, its never run..........

and I don't nit pick....I spend my hard earned cash, I expect, with reasonable parameters, to get a product that performs.....

they do not state anywhere on their website that no warranty is given, or that the product is AS IS....therefore state 'implied warranty" limitations apply.....

Implied warranties are created by state law, and all states have them. Almost every purchase you make is covered by an implied warranty.
The most common type of implied warranty—a "warranty of merchantability," means that the seller promises that the product will do what it is supposed to do. For example, a car will run and a toaster will toast.
Another type of implied warranty is the "warranty of fitness for a particular purpose." This applies when you buy a product on the seller's advice that it is suitable for a particular use. For example, a person who suggests that you buy a certain sleeping bag for zero-degree weather warrants that the sleeping bag will be suitable for zero degrees.
If your purchase does not come with a written warranty, it is still covered by implied warranties unless the product is marked "as is," or the seller otherwise indicates in writing that no warranty is given. Several states, including Kansas, Maine, Maryland,
Massachusetts, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia, do not permit "as is" sales.
If problems arise that are not covered by the written warranty, you should investigate the protection given by your implied warranty.
Implied warranty coverage can last as long as four years, although the length of the coverage varies from state to state. A lawyer or a state consumer protection office can provide more information about implied warranty coverage in your state.

of course, we w
Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
In the future if anyone has any problems with Ninja Engines please contact Mugen direct, airing your frustrations on line will not solve your problems.
Originally Posted by nitrodude
Mugen is not very helpfull either. I asked about replacing a broken carb, and I was told to either buy a new one, or send it to GRP in Italy.
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
what about the fls pipe's
Originally Posted by royfan33
I emailed Mugen USA a couple of times for support. Just simple stuff like glow plug recommendation and base carb settings. Never got a response of any kind
the only company to help me was kyosho usa with the sirio evo3sti motor when i broke the crank,
i got another motor and it was ok and yep broke the crank again so i got another crank and gear the motor differently and its ok but a tad slow.
other motor company's did not help with my motor's
sorry no warranty the motor was run to much.
and ill say again the ninja is the best motor iv ever run.
the bearings the fit of the crank the piston and sleeve the carb all work the best
well to me anyway.
and if something happened the my ninja's id gladly buy more of them.

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Very cool Harry. I had totally forgetten about all of this stuff from my high school Business Law class - which was quite some time ago!

Question is, how exactly does this apply to GRP's statement that "...we cannot extend our normal warranty conditions to this engine." Although they do not specificly use the words "no warranty, explicit or implied" or "as is", could their disclaimer be interpretted under the law as having stated that the engine does not have a warranty??
Old 09-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Very cool Harry. I had totally forgetten about all of this stuff from my high school Business Law class - which was quite some time ago!

Question is, how exactly does this apply to GRP's statement that "...we cannot extend our normal warranty conditions to this engine." Although they do not specificly use the words "no warranty, explicit or implied" or "as is", could their disclaimer be interpretted under the law as having stated that the engine does not have a warranty??

you answered your own question.....Who care's what GRP's warranty is in italy......Mugen sells the product in the USA.....and we are talking about implied warrantys, not written....
Old 09-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no im not
i just state what problems there is
the fls pipe is not good
the motor when new and never run can take a bit to get run in.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

no im not
i just state what problems there is
the fls pipe is not good
the motor when new and never run can take a bit to get run in.

wally, you got it wrong.....you wasn't the pwned........you is the

PNDED-EEE!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a problem with a ninja .12 back in april at the Mugen race in vegas. Robbie looked at the motor and after a long attempt it couldn't be fixed. Robbie told me to send it in for repair. I sent the motor to him and within a few days he sent out a brand new motor. Mugen stood behind the product and replaced it without any problem.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by steve blair
I had a problem with a ninja .12 back in april at the Mugen race in vegas. Robbie looked at the motor and after a long attempt it couldn't be fixed. Robbie told me to send it in for repair. I sent the motor to him and within a few days he sent out a brand new motor. Mugen stood behind the product and replaced it without any problem.
Robbie C and Mugen USA are great people... Never had a problem with them and they stand behind and will help anyone that has brought any of there products...

RC_Alan
Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I too had a problem with a Ninja engine but it was the .21. With about a gallon of fuel through it and being broken-in on the bench, mine broke the crank. Not at the pin but below it with the whole end breaking off. Up until the breakage, this engine was rock solid and .5 seconds faster than the mod version I had in the car. Knowing it was nothing I did or caused by running it too lean, I called Robbie and he said send it to him so he could look at it. A little time later, I received a call back with the good news I would be getting a new engine. These engines are more challenging to break-in but I think that it is a good thing to keep them lasting longer than most. I am happy with the way Mugen treated my situation and when I call the office they are more than willing to answer my questions.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

iv never had a problem yet with my ninjas so i have not needed to call them yet but im sure they would help
maybe ill call them about the fls pipes. not to get a new one just to tell them about the problem with them but i think they already know.