Wiki Posts
Search

2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
??????
Dude, my "white" letters didn't show up I guess. It worked in the preview. Oh well. how about this...GOSERPENT, I'm currently cheering for the Serpent and Motonica drivers. They seem to be the few but proud! And since I own each car, I figured what the heck. I was trying to make the Motonica colors look cool, but I guess it didn't work. I really don't care what manufacturer wins as long as it's Serpent or Motonica. Just having fun and hanging loose, trying to not get too stressed on the results. I am really cheering for the underdogs, although I don't think Serpent should be considered in this catagory. I would like to know how many of each make is the. the number of Serpents, Kyosho's, Mugens, Motonica's, Sheperd etc..Then I could figure out the percentages and odds to the total number of entries. Just a math thing. This probably makes no sence because I am too tired and zoned at the moment. So like I said, GO MOTONICA AND SERPENT!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, my "white" letters didn't show up I guess. It worked in the preview. Oh well. how about this...GOSERPENT, I'm currently cheering for the Serpent and Motonica drivers. They seem to be the few but proud! And since I own each car, I figured what the heck. I was trying to make the Motonica colors look cool, but I guess it didn't work. I really don't care what manufacturer wins as long as it's Serpent or Motonica. Just having fun and hanging loose, trying to not get too stressed on the results. I am really cheering for the underdogs, although I don't think Serpent should be considered in this catagory. I would like to know how many of each make is the. the number of Serpents, Kyosho's, Mugens, Motonica's, Sheperd etc..Then I could figure out the percentages and odds to the total number of entries. Just a math thing. This probably makes no sence because I am too tired and zoned at the moment. So like I said, GO MOTONICA AND SERPENT!!!
Oh! now that make sense the best odds right now is for the PICCO engines against a battalion of NOVA ROSSI engines.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

The racereport of Roelof is online, including new pictures!
Visit: http://www.rc-junkies.net/

Enjoy!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like the "Fuel" is a issue as lots of guys were having inconsistet tuning problems.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Lord

Re tuning of almost 1 turn richer or leaner is not normal if you are using the same fuel....
Old 10-13-2007, 03:55 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
Re tuning of almost 1 turn richer or leaner is not normal if you are using the same fuel....

THANKS for your help ROELOF!!! hope to see you at the next WC.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
The fuel theory behind your engine issues is very interesting. As with gansei's fuel problems at FEMCA, anything that doesn't seem right should have been addressed/protested right away. Do other event organizers manage fuel in this manner? If not, then something should have been said right up front.

Wouldn't it be something, if it turned out that one or more of the cans of fuel wasn't actually 25%?

Thank you so very much for the photos, video and race report. You, Jaap and Eoghain have been the only ones we have been able to count on for this world event. You guys are the best!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The fuel theory behind your engine issues is very interesting. As with gansei's fuel problems at FEMCA, anything that doesn't seem right should have been addressed/protested right away. Do other event organizers manage fuel in this manner? If not, then something should have been said right up front.

Wouldn't it be something, if it turned out that one or more of the cans of fuel wasn't actually 25%?

Thank you so very much for the photos, video and race report. You, Jaap and Eoghain have been the only ones we have been able to count on for this world event. You guys are the best!!!
Maybe some of the teams are using some additives to the fuel to make more runtime. This makes you have to lean the needle about one full turn leaner when the additives are added. Then they just turn in the leftover fuel to tech as if they never added anything. This then contaminates the rest of the fuel that they draw from. This is if they put all the old fuel back into a container to be used again. Seems like they should not use the old fuel again to solve this problem.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RedRC reports that's it's sunny today! Yea!! http://events.redrc.net/

Racing starts at 10am Cordoba time.

World Clock Time Zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...om.html?sort=1
Old 10-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
All your letters appear on 3 of my screens perfectly. It is just Sam and he is using old hardware.
Sam get new screen-they are cheap nowdays, for $120 you can get widescreen 17" flat, stop using CRT.
See attached pics-first is photo of screen and second is snapshot
Attached Thumbnails 2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14-s3700006.jpg   2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by EdwardN; 10-13-2007 at 05:25 AM. Reason: improve
Old 10-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EdwardN
All your letters appear on 3 of my screens perfectly. It is just Sam and he is using old hardware.
Sam get new screen-they are cheap nowdays, for $120 you can get widescreen 17" flat, stop using CRT.
See attached pics-first is photo of screen and second is snapshot
It looks fine on my screen I can see all the letters......whats funny is if fill in the blanks with some different letters....
Old 10-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ALG
THANKS for your help ROELOF!!! hope to see you at the next WC.
No thanx, I like to share my thoughts. Indeed we will meet again....

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Thanx, and we will go on to the end.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

From Redrc

The cars took to the track in warm and sunny conditions for the 1/4 finals and in the even final, run first, it was Andrea Cristiani that came out on top after dropping back to 4th at the start, he got his head down and went into the lead a few laps later. Steven Cuypers was an innocent victim in a collision that included Keisuke Fukuda, the Japanese racer continued but Cuypers was out before the first lap was over. Young Portugese driver, Bruno Coelho, who had moved up from yesterdays 1/8th final has now moved up into the semi finals, a solid drive meant that he followed Cristiaini home only 7 seconds back. The final bump up spot went to Keisuke Fukuda who had worked his way up from last at the start to 4th with just 2 minutes to go when Scotty Gray, who held the 3rd spot, had to go in for a final stop dropping him down to 5th behind another Japanese racer Ken Furukawa.

1/4th Odd final Top 3
1. Andrea Cristiani - 64 Laps in 20:02.113
2. Bruno Coelho - 64 Laps in 2009.382
3. Keisuke Fukuda - 63 Laps in 20:03.628
Old 10-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

I think Redrc made a mistake that was 4th even.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

SWAUGER BUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

In an exciting quarter final odd, it was Yuya Sahashi that came through from mid pack to take the win. The Serpent driver was in 4th early in the race behind Tironi, Swauger and Tanaka, who was leading, but then the Japanese driver lost pace and was passed by Tironi and then when Yuya passed Swauger in the pits he then managed to get passed Tanaka, bringing Swauger with him. The race was essentially over for Jilles Groskamp at the very start, his car stopping and taking 2 laps to restart and rejoin, he did go on to record the fastest lap of the race at 17.943. The pairing of Sahashi and Swauger went after Tironi and managed to get passed after the Italian was given a stop go for bad refuelling. He rejoined in 3rd and had huge pressure from Morganti, who again started badly but had regained composure and was on it, but couldnt get passsed and came home 4th only 1 second behind.

1/4th Even final Top 3
1. Yuya Sahashi - 64 Laps 20:06.835
2. Mike Swauger - 64 Laps 20:07.706
3. Francesco Tironi - 64 Laps 20:16.401

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.