Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: The range of diff oil wt difference

Originally posted by esham
Sorry guy an interupption... How much gap range of wt diff oil I should use between front diff and rear diff ?

A friend told me it should 3000 wt diff means if I put front diff 10K than the rear diff oil combination should 7K. Is that true?

What are the condition that I should consider to determine how much wt diff oil I should use for a track? And what are the effect on my cornering? Thanks
Depends on what diff action you are trying to acheive, Most of us run a one way in the front, have switch from solid to neg or active diff.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default help with rody 5 port

hello guys i need some help bad:

i bought a rody modified 5 port turbo and while taking it appart to inspect it i found metal shavins inside the crankshaft and block,i then took the sleeve and piston off but i canont get the crankshaft off the main bearings,i tried pushing it but no luck,can i tap it with a hammer or should i heat up the the block and then try to push it out,i haven't done anything further for fear i might damage the crankshaft,also you guys think is worht to have these engine modified even more,i got acces to a couple of modifiers here in cali..

you guys thing the the metal shavings are enough reason to send the engine back to the manufacturer,

thank you guys for your help

also what pipe are you guys using on your rody's 5 port

thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: help with rody 5 port

Originally posted by rcdubs
hello guys i need some help bad:

i bought a rody modified 5 port turbo and while taking it appart to inspect it i found metal shavins inside the crankshaft and block,i then took the sleeve and piston off but i canont get the crankshaft off the main bearings,i tried pushing it but no luck,can i tap it with a hammer or should i heat up the the block and then try to push it out,i haven't done anything further for fear i might damage the crankshaft,also you guys think is worht to have these engine modified even more,i got acces to a couple of modifiers here in cali..

you guys thing the the metal shavings are enough reason to send the engine back to the manufacturer,

thank you guys for your help

also what pipe are you guys using on your rody's 5 port

thanks
remove all other things from the crankcase and clean the thing and remove any oil and grease from it. heat the thing with an oven (not microware) up to 70 to 80'c the main bearing will fall off when you shake or slightly hit on a wooden surface.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default crankshaft

thanks guys but the crankshaft STILL INSIDE THE ENGINE,it will spin ok but will not come off
Old 04-29-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: crankshaft

Originally posted by rcdubs
thanks guys but the crankshaft STILL INSIDE THE ENGINE,it will spin ok but will not come off
hit the shaft end with a plastic hammer. it should come off.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by VoneRkid
Graeme when you paint you body use the paint masks fromhttp://www.rcxotic.com/ when you are ready to that give me or Jeremy ring.

Damo

Its not a bad little site for a bunch of guys doing it in their spare time.....

Check out the 2 latest reviews... you might reconise the body from brendale......
Old 04-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

i read your mtx 3 article and its pretty kool!!

Jeremy
Old 04-30-2003, 01:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I must admit I've used masks of the rcxotic.com site a few times. They are of good quality, and if you print them on blank parma masking sheets they make painting your bodies a piece of cake.

Graeme
Old 04-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sparksy do you get you're RDlogics stuff in Australia or do you buy it direct. If you buy direct can you please tell me what there service is like as there a few things on their site I would like to get.

Graeme
Old 04-30-2003, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by finchy
I must admit I've used masks of the rcxotic.com site a few times. They are of good quality, and if you print them on blank parma masking sheets they make painting your bodies a piece of cake.

Graeme
i just use contact

jeremy
Old 04-30-2003, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

so howz the car comming along there greame?? i just gotta re tweak mine then im ready to race!

any news on ya pipe? and what set up you running.

Jeremy.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah I found contact to fiddly unless you buy the expensive nylex brand. Blank masks are that cheap for the amount of mask you get. Going to get some spares this weekend and maybe some alloy wheel hubs gotta wait and see what I can get my hands on. Hopeful I'll be running the engine in on Saturday at the moment it look like there's no working on Saturday ( you rippa ), so get fuel Friday night and run in Saturday.

Graeme
Old 04-30-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

car seems good just been setting it up over the past few nights. Double and triple checking everything to make sure it's all sweet. Not sure what set up I'll run first of all, the box set up seems a bit weird to me, like that huge rear ride height and the front toe out how aggressive do want the steering. But I suppose that my they are team driver and test pilots and I'm not.

Graeme
Old 04-30-2003, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

hi

Last edited by rrgt_kid; 05-19-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

just get ya self a spare rear end part, etc turret comes with shock tower spare blade mounts, and turret fixtures, im gona reinforce my new one tomorrow!

jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.