Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 06:03 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ah10
I am fortunate enough to have an Manticore modified MT12, I totally agree with your statment! put it this way, Manticore's version on my MT12 is totally legal, non turbo, 3 ports and it has unbelievable midrange, it is even stronger then the S5 on midrange!
hahaha....he's been "exporting" his stuff now!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
hahaha....he's been "exporting" his stuff now!!!!!!
Nah Nah, I did this for "friends" !! you could get one mod if you run GP this week !
Old 09-23-2002, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can the side manifold for v one s fit Os CVR in a V ONE R
Old 09-23-2002, 06:52 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
Nah Nah, I did this for "friends" !! you could get one mod if you run GP this week !
Not enough to tempt me back to GP!!!!! Wait till the weather gets colder...when rubber tires become a pain in the neck I will return!!
Old 09-23-2002, 06:54 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lonestar1127
can the side manifold for v one s fit Os CVR in a V ONE R
Yes! Should be OK....if not the Impulse manifold definately works!
Old 09-23-2002, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by dtm
Yes! Should be OK....if not the Impulse manifold definately works!
the novamega manifold for side exhaust?????
Old 09-23-2002, 08:21 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by lonestar1127
the novamega manifold for side exhaust?????
The one that comes with the original Impulse!
Old 09-23-2002, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

k....thanks
Old 09-23-2002, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

AMG, Thanks so much for the info and the pics. I really appreciate it. BTW, that upper carbon fiber deck, what make is that?
Old 09-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Default RR Solid Rear Setup Help

ok guys, I've got the RR working pretty good - but I'm still much faster and more consistent with the regular V1R. The regular V1R I have very light rear diff and front one-way. The RR has solid axle rear and front one-way but It does not roll through the corners. I basically have to gas it to turn it around the corners.

This style is very different from what I normally do which is lift on entry then apply light throttle just before the apex and roll through corners smoothly. It seems the RR wants me to fly into the corner, turn, then nail it to come out. I don't think I have the throttle control yet to drive fast this way with a high horsepower engine.

Anyone have any setup info for RR with solid axle with one-way that will allow a more smooth driving style?

Or is it pretty much how you need to drive with solid axle.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: RR Solid Rear Setup Help

Originally posted by patelladragger
ok guys, I've got the RR working pretty good - but I'm still much faster and more consistent with the regular V1R. The regular V1R I have very light rear diff and front one-way. The RR has solid axle rear and front one-way but It does not roll through the corners. I basically have to gas it to turn it around the corners.

This style is very different from what I normally do which is lift on entry then apply light throttle just before the apex and roll through corners smoothly. It seems the RR wants me to fly into the corner, turn, then nail it to come out. I don't think I have the throttle control yet to drive fast this way with a high horsepower engine.

Anyone have any setup info for RR with solid axle with one-way that will allow a more smooth driving style?

Or is it pretty much how you need to drive with solid axle.
Did'nt you have a Impact, or still have one ? Simular driving style is applied with a solid rear. Once you master this your lap times should drop and you will leave the drivers stand with a big fat
Old 09-23-2002, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

yeah but the impact is 2wd with a pro diff in the rear.

Maybe I just need to put in time with this setup on the RR.

I won this weekend at our club races but a top driver with the yokomo runs solid rear and front one-way and he was faster then me through the corner. He ran me down from a 1/2 lap lead I had early, then pulled out 1/4 lap and I couldn't gain any, and he only lost cause he lost a wheel with 2 mins left.

It didn't seem like he was on-power around the tight corners, but I don't know. I was just curious was that style the way you have to drive with solid rear. If it is, maybe i just need some time practicing it. Seems like it would be EXTREMELY hard to go from that style to electric racing on the same day.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default solid

What's up patelladragger I run a solid too it just take a little time to get a feel for it. It's very good for high traction tracks I drive hard into a turn and then let off,and git back on the gas as I'm coming out the turn. This works for me just fine hope this help a little. Some thing else I my put caster to the back it helps with the solid. tone
Old 09-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default CAR PULLING TO ONE SIDE

Thanks guy's it was my side belt. The belt was skipping some of the pulley teeth thanks. tone
Old 09-23-2002, 01:29 PM
asd
Tech Addict

wohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
i won mah very first race with the v one rr, i qualified 6(yuk) and went on to the a main, then about 15 mins in the a main i was positioned at 8th, then all of the sudden all 7 cars in front of me crash into eachother creating a disaster whic i was able to avoid and win, having, get ready, 4 LAP LEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyways, lol, i got a nice prize, a bunch of decals, a new crowd pleazer tc body(prepainted, very niclely) and a poster
of a hot girl
latez

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.