Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Default kawahara chassis weight

anyone have the kawahara chassis and by chance know what the weight is compared to the stock chassis?
Old 09-03-2002, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer

So the Hudy arbors fit the Q-World truer??? Might have to give it a try.

I promise to play nice if others do Mr Fok

Yes as already answered the Hudy arbors fit.

Alright play nice or I'll take all yall toys away. Mu
Old 09-03-2002, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hey who made sydewynder the keeper of the peace

I want to know is he ready for the LA trip
I'm practicing for my new profession even though I think motorcycleracer doesn't like the way I come across as noted by not a peep to my comment. Oh well.

I'm not ready to go to LA. Been feeling sick. Think I have to go to the hospital.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the info on the tire truer. I'm most likely going to purchase the Ofna Automatic with Hudy Accessories. I think Stormer had the best price of $229 with only $6.95 for shipping.

BTW - AMG what type of jig saw blade are you using (Carbide?). I've heard the stock blade dulls easily.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DCR1TWO
Thanks for all the info on the tire truer. I'm most likely going to purchase the Ofna Automatic with Hudy Accessories. I think Stormer had the best price of $229 with only $6.95 for shipping.

BTW - AMG what type of jig saw blade are you using (Carbide?). I've heard the stock blade dulls easily.
I was using both these truers at a recent large meet and frankly I could not see a difference in the cut quality. My blade is the original one which came with it and it is still fine. HOWEVER I treat my stuff well and I only take 2-3mm skims off at a time. I cannot tell you how well it will go if you go hacking off big chunks in 1 go.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

I was using both these truers at a recent large meet and frankly I could not see a difference in the cut quality. My blade is the original one which came with it and it is still fine. HOWEVER I treat my stuff well and I only take 2-3mm skims off at a time. I cannot tell you how well it will go if you go hacking off big chunks in 1 go.
I understand they also made and A/C converter for this unit, but I don't believe it's available in the US. What type of battery are you using to power it? One 12V or two 7.2 volts?

I also also heard the Hudy carbide cutter will work in the Ofna unit. I just wanted to make sure, because I don't want to spend the $32.00 for it if it doesn't work. I'll probably use the stock blade for a while, then switch to the Hudy one when I need to replace it.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

I just power mine from a car battery. You need some serious amps if you start taking big bites of foam thats why I use the car battery.

Yeah try the stock blade and compare to the cuts from the Hudy item. I could not see much difference to be honest.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Does anybody happen to know the part number for the Kyosho wide bumper, and if it works with the standard foam and upper bumper piece for the standard V-ONE R? I've seen the Kawahara one and it looks pretty nice. Any suggestions between the two?
Old 09-04-2002, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

I just power mine from a car battery. You need some serious amps if you start taking big bites of foam thats why I use the car battery.

Yeah try the stock blade and compare to the cuts from the Hudy item. I could not see much difference to be honest.
That's what I heard also. I believe to use a AC-DC converter, you would need something capable to put out 20-30amps. I think integy sells one, but it's like $200 dollars.

I think I'll just stick with my car battery. I was just curious if you can run 2 7.2volt batteries (like a starter box), and if they would last with that much amp draw. I don't want to order 2 more batteries if I can only true a couple of tires before they wear out.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Does anybody happen to know the part number for the Kyosho wide bumper, and if it works with the standard foam and upper bumper piece for the standard V-ONE R? I've seen the Kawahara one and it looks pretty nice. Any suggestions between the two?
Yes it works with the standard foam and upper piece. The part number is: KY-VZ082

Old 09-04-2002, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

That's what I heard also. I believe to use a AC-DC converter, you would need something capable to put out 20-30amps. I think integy sells one, but it's like $200 dollars.

I think I'll just stick with my car battery. I was just curious if you can run 2 7.2volt batteries (like a starter box), and if they would last with that much amp draw. I don't want to order 2 more batteries if I can only true a couple of tires before they wear out.
I highly doubt it will work from 2 7.2volters for very long. My power supply peaked out at 15 amp draw during cuts and about 4 amp to keep it spinning with no load. At that rate you should get about 10 minutes from 2000 packs roughly, but this is a pretty rough guess. I would get about 1 1/2 tires done in this timeframe.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 09-04-2002 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Do you see the "All Rights Reserved" in the picture AMG? Do you know what that means?

10 minutes to cut 1 1/2 tires? I think I've seen HAG do it in like 2 minutes. Man you must work for the government.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Do you see the "All Rights Reserved" in the picture AMG? Do you know what that means?

10 minutes to cut 1 1/2 tires? I think I've seen HAG do it in like 2 minutes. Man you must work for the government.
AMG is saying shopping at that shitty "online" shop is hazardous to your wallet !!
Old 09-04-2002, 03:42 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Zac tyres GOOD, wheel not so good if you run a one-way, the run out of the wheel south after a day of practice.

I wish the wheel would stay true because I have a lot of tread left
I use Active tyres, similar rubber to Zac but much stiffer rim.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

AMG is saying shopping at that shitty "online" shop is hazardous to your wallet !!

Well 500 yen is about 3.70USD or about 28HKD retail. Hmmm someone wanted to sell HAG that for 12USD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.