Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

A few more useless stats to bump up the subject :

I am now a World Champion member after 1 year of posting absolutely nothing to do with RC

BUT THE MAJOR NEWS JUST IN

dtm has knocked off Manitcore as Top Poster of rctech. Manitcore held the top position for quite sometime but has backed off lately. Come on Moonie, start posting anything man and get back that Top Position
Old 09-28-2002, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Novarossi
A few more useless stats to bump up the subject :

I am now a World Champion member after 1 year of posting absolutely nothing to do with RC
LOL..
Old 09-28-2002, 12:07 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi

BUT THE MAJOR NEWS JUST IN

dtm has knocked off Manitcore as Top Poster of rctech. Manitcore held the top position for quite sometime but has backed off lately. Come on Moonie, start posting anything man and get back that Top Position
haha......is it a race to get the "most" useless responses?????

Manticore is too busy dremeling the hell out of his engines!!.......I only need to cut a few comms each week!!
Old 09-28-2002, 12:23 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
Nah, I will keep my MTX2 !! it is a good car !
When are you coming over to EP??....it must get boring running GP and no one to catch!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
haha......is it a race to get the "most" useless responses?????

Manticore is too busy dremeling the hell out of his engines!!.......I only need to cut a few comms each week!!
I do it once and for all, either it works or doesnt !
Old 10-01-2002, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Novarossi/Mugan MR-12

Hi,

Does anybody have the specs for the MR-12 engine Steve from Speedtech is selling?

Is it 3 or 5 port, turbo?, HP? etc.

Many THanks
Old 10-02-2002, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Novarossi/Mugan MR-12

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi,

Does anybody have the specs for the MR-12 engine Steve from Speedtech is selling?

Is it 3 or 5 port, turbo?, HP? etc.

Many THanks
click I asked Steve to come in here to answer you.

As listed the MR12S1 is a 3 port rated at 1.35 hp and spins at 36,000 rpms
Old 10-04-2002, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

As for the actual numbers of the MR-12S, I'm not too sure, I would have to contact Mugen and find out. The engine is based on the short stroke Novarossi engine, and the Mugen guys are telling me that this should be a higher rpm engine than the MT-12.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 10-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default MT12 rebuild

I rebuilt my MT12 about ½ gallon ago.

I got some great advice from this forum so I’m back looking for some more ‘wisdom’.

I replaced the liner/piston & rod.

I also replaced both engine bearings, I even got the Novarossi bearing install tool.

The engine runs great 230 – 280 degrees. I’m getting the fastest laps at my local track. I even broke the lap record BUT . . . .

The engine leaks fuel/oil from the front bearing.

I end up with quite a clean up after a race meet.

The oil spews all over the carb, under the engine & gets flung over the break disc.

Should I just live with it & enjoy my MTX?

What bugs me is what I did wrong? After replacing all the parts mentioned I should have a ‘new’ engine?

Any ideas?

Also anybody running a .12 STS engine. Seems to be a rip-off of the Novarossi but quite alot cheaper!

Many Thanks
Old 10-06-2002, 12:35 PM
asd
Tech Addict

Old 10-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: MT12 rebuild

I rebuilt my MT12 about ½ gallon ago.

I got some great advice from this forum so I’m back looking for some more ‘wisdom’.

I also replaced both engine bearings, I even got the Novarossi bearing install tool.

The engine runs great 230 – 280 degrees. I’m getting the fastest laps at my local track. I even broke the lap record BUT . . . .

The oil spews all over the carb, under the engine & gets flung over the break disc.

What bugs me is what I did wrong? After replacing all the parts mentioned I should have a ‘new’ engine?

Any ideas?

Also anybody running a .12 STS engine. Seems to be a rip-off of the Novarossi but quite alot cheaper!

Many Thanks
Click the front bearing might not be sitting square. Even though you used the tool it still could be off a hair. I remember an engine guru that used to frequent this board saying that he'd get new engines that leaked from the front. What he ended up doing was heating the case and let the bearing seat itself and the leaking went away.
I can't verify since I have not remove/replaced bearings myself or heated up the engine case so you'll have to do some research.
If I remember correctly the engine guru is Motorman that mentioned this. If it was not, sorry Dennis.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: MT12 rebuild

I rebuilt my MT12 about 1/2 gallon ago.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Check the play in your crank. Wiggle around alittle, there should be the slightest of play only, if it does move around quiet abit, do what Fokkie said. I too have never replaced bearings on an engine before (when it gets to this stage, Im too lazy and just buy a new engine). Besides, the partner would not let me use her oven to cook a Novarossi engine in anyway
Old 10-17-2002, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

I just got a used MTX-2 and I would appreciate anyone if they had any rubber tire setups for a clean track without any traction compounds.

My car comes with foam tires and a setup to match my track, but I think I may stick with the stock class that I have been doing quite well in(won B-main w/ an rs4-2 ) so I want to see how much better this is.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

I also need an new engine, and I want it to be three port, standard plug so that I can comply with my tracks stock class rules.
Suggestions? ( even though it seems everyone else has a couple five ports as their engines of choice.)
Old 10-17-2002, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Im2lazy
I also need an new engine, and I want it to be three port, standard plug so that I can comply with my tracks stock class rules.
Suggestions? ( even though it seems everyone else has a couple five ports as their engines of choice.)
How big is your local track?

If it is big then go for RS12T then get a regular head button, if it is like medium size then go for RBX12, both are 3 port, or may be try the new Sirio 3 port engine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.