Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 11:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Manticore, I know you know better than this.

Sure, if you are racing in the A Mains at a NORRCA championship, where all the other drivers are team drivers, this may be true.

But you can't seriously mean to say that a good driver can avoid being hit. Frankly, that's just nonsense. Even good drivers can cause accidents. Even GREAT drivers make mistakes, every race in fact. If GREAT drivers make mistakes, how do you suppose the average driver does? And how do we avoid such drivers? It is impossible my friend.

If you really think you can race for any length of time and, using your driving skills alone, never get hit by another car, then I have some real estate I would love to sell you.

RC cars are no different from real cars on the road. You can't always read the mind of other drivers; you can only hope they are good, careful drivers who know what they are doing.

No matter what you do, you can't avoid someone who goes outside on a curve and then dives for the inside, or who booms down a stretch on the inside, can't stick the curve and goes slamming into the boards, taking with him any other car that happens to be nearby.
Old 10-17-2001, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Well said Leet,

exactly what I've been trying to stress but you can obviously say it just that much better...hehe

pruddy
Old 10-17-2001, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Leet TC3
Manticore, I know you know better than this.

Sure, if you are racing in the A Mains at a NORRCA championship, where all the other drivers are team drivers, this may be true.

But you can't seriously mean to say that a good driver can avoid being hit. Frankly, that's just nonsense. Even good drivers can cause accidents. Even GREAT drivers make mistakes, every race in fact. If GREAT drivers make mistakes, how do you suppose the average driver does? And how do we avoid such drivers? It is impossible my friend.

If you really think you can race for any length of time and, using your driving skills alone, never get hit by another car, then I have some real estate I would love to sell you.

RC cars are no different from real cars on the road. You can't always read the mind of other drivers; you can only hope they are good, careful drivers who know what they are doing.

No matter what you do, you can't avoid someone who goes outside on a curve and then dives for the inside, or who booms down a stretch on the inside, can't stick the curve and goes slamming into the boards, taking with him any other car that happens to be nearby.
Accidents are either avoidable or unavoidable. If all accidents are unavoidable then we are talking about a race is all about luck!?
Old 10-17-2001, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Most are not avoidable. The only way to avoid them is to NOT be in the wrong place at the wrong time (which means either LUCK or being able to read the mind of another driver), or avoiding close proximity to all other cars (which means you will probably finish last).

So yes, LUCK does play a factor in every race. Too often, the best driver with the best car doesn't win because he WAS in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hard to win when your car was T'boned into a wall by an erratic driver.

Let me put it to you another way. Let's you and I go on the track, and I will try and hit your car. I guarantee you, no matter how GOOD a driver you may be, I WILL hit your car.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Leet TC3
Most are not avoidable. The only way to avoid them is to NOT be in the wrong place at the wrong time (which means either LUCK or being able to read the mind of another driver), or avoiding close proximity to all other cars (which means you will probably finish last).

So yes, LUCK does play a factor in every race. Too often, the best driver with the best car doesn't win because he WAS in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hard to win when your car was T'boned into a wall by an erratic driver.

Let me put it to you another way. Let's you and I go on the track, and I will try and hit your car. I guarantee you, no matter how GOOD a driver you may be, I WILL hit your car.
Gold bless you and Good Luck ! but now you are talking about hacking !!
Old 10-17-2001, 08:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes I know.

But the obvious point is, whether you are hit deliberately or not, there is no way you can predict, and therefore avoid, what is inherently unpredictable.

So, to return to the original point - It is desirable to have parts that are more sturdy and can take a crash better. Even for ostensibly invincible expert drivers like yourself.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Kawahara makes delrin knuckles!
Old 10-18-2001, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

do you know any dealers that have the kawahara's in america?
Old 10-18-2001, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Speedtech Rc and Castle Hobbies sell the Kawahara stuff.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quick question :

For the guys who have installed the Teflon Pads. One side is shiny, the other side is a dull colour. Do they go on which ever way or does a particular side need to face out?

Thanks
NR
Old 10-20-2001, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Novarossi
Quick question :

For the guys who have installed the Teflon Pads. One side is shiny, the other side is a dull colour. Do they go on which ever way or does a particular side need to face out?

Thanks
NR
No difference.
Old 10-20-2001, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

No difference.
Thanks Moon

Time for a new pipe for our huge long track.

Don't like the RB X12 pipes because they seem very weak and soft compared to the Novarossi pipe I had in the past

Looking at getting the 51603 over the 51602
Old 10-20-2001, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

So did you get my email or are you just ignoring me Novarossi?
Old 10-20-2001, 03:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sydewynder
So did you get my email or are you just ignoring me Novarossi?
I am running a paris turbo ring with my RBx12. The combination works very well at our local track which has a very long straight. the turbo ring pipe is tough and durable.
Old 10-20-2001, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

W Fok, where did u send it to? I have no email

Moon, never really liked the Paris Ring pipes for some reason, and as mentioned, found RB to be alittle to soft (maybe it was just my driving )

I really would like to try the Yokomo pipes, but we should expect them here in Australian in about 3 years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.