Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RC Nitro
Mark
I use silicon grease. I got this from my LHS. Ah10 and recomended hyspin grease.
go for anything that could serve as anti-wear agent. silicon oil cannot stop gear wear and that will make diff action inconsistant.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

so will this be ok?

RBGAT

- Gear and Thrust Lube -
An anti-fling lubricant specially formulated to maximise performance and reduce resistance on gear differentials. Also for use on thrust race bearings
http://www.rcraceparts.co.uk/lubes/index.htm

Last edited by Cartman; 04-14-2002 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Cartman
so will this be ok?

RBGAT

- Gear and Thrust Lube -
An anti-fling lubricant specially formulated to maximise performance and reduce resistance on gear differentials. Also for use on thrust race bearings
http://www.rcraceparts.co.uk/lubes/index.htm
this should work well according to description.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

i've posted this same question before, but could someone point me in the right direction.......

i'm going to run my mtx2 in a nitro touring car division that allows the use of foam tires. i bought a set of 28mm (purple and dbl purple) tires mounted on 28mm proline velocitys. i think they are a 0 offset. when i go to mount them on the car, the inside edge of the rim rubs on both the front turning spindle, and the rear hub carriers. i looked on speedtech and they state that i can only run 24mm foams when i know some of you are running over 28mm rims. how? and what tires and rims. ( i do understand that the compound depends on the conditions) does mugen offer different blocks? i'm looking for any guidance you can give. thanx.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TheBarber
i've posted this same question before, but could someone point me in the right direction.......

i'm going to run my mtx2 in a nitro touring car division that allows the use of foam tires. i bought a set of 28mm (purple and dbl purple) tires mounted on 28mm proline velocitys. i think they are a 0 offset. when i go to mount them on the car, the inside edge of the rim rubs on both the front turning spindle, and the rear hub carriers. i looked on speedtech and they state that i can only run 24mm foams when i know some of you are running over 28mm rims. how? and what tires and rims. ( i do understand that the compound depends on the conditions) does mugen offer different blocks? i'm looking for any guidance you can give. thanx.
max width for front is 26mm
u can use up to 30mm tires at the rear by shaving the rear uprights.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hurbur, did you shave yours? if yes, could you please show us a picture?
Thanks
Old 04-18-2002, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TheBarber

Try 26mm foams from Zac, Ellegi, Fast, Best, Treadz, and Yokomo. They might fit better, depending on offset.
The 28mm will rub the front steering knuckles unless you do some mods. For the rear in order to run 32mm foams you have to shave most of the outer holes off on the uprights . If you are interested in running the above set up without modding anything, you need to get Kawahara front knuckles and short rear conversion. The front knuckles have more room to allow for wider widths. The rear conversion has shorter arms and dogbones but thicker hex drives that will allow the 30mm foam to clear the upright without mods.

My set up is 26mm fronts and 32mm rears with the Kawahara pieces.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

The Barber: I am at work so I do not have my instructions with me. In the Prospec kit they have you shave the rear uprights as Sydewynder said. You get close to the outside hole. Do not know about the clearance as I run 26mm all around.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

anyone know where i can get a 42 teeth delprin 2nd gear ,for the mtx2.thanks
Old 04-18-2002, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcmike
delrin spurs? woah, u sure have expensive taste!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

no ,its not that but i heard from somewhere that you could get them one tooth less than stock,so the car would have better low end.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Rcmike, going one tooth lower on the spur will give you more top end. One tooth lower on the pinion will give you more "bottom".

Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Racing Jack makes one but they are available overseas in Asia. I've seen a 40T delrin also.

BTW

Freakah is right that you need to go with a bigger spur and/or smaller clutchbell gear for more bottom end acceleration.
Old 04-19-2002, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

www.powerlineracing.com makes a 42t delrin spur gear. I've got one and it's quality stuff.

Fok, where have you seen a 40t? I wouldn't mind trying that thing!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MTX 2 pro Spec

Hi,

A trading house in Singapore is selling brand new MTX 2 Pro Spec for only US$300, plus shipping will cost another few tens but it is cheap, can order cheap original spare parts from them too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.