Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Gear set up

Originally posted by Ah10

This is a very hard to answer question! really depends on what kind of engine you are running, clutch set up and such!

Yes my engine is maxed out at the end of the straight! the track that I am running has a 200' straight plus a good 50' right sweeper before the straight so that would make it a total of 250' for the engine and gearing get up to the top speed!
by the way I am using RBX12T 5port engine, man this is a beast! it screams!
I guess i will try something different out next time i get to the track. My local track maybe about that demension and i was running a 16/19 49/45. I have a richey mt-12 9 port eagle and i think although dennis recommended those gears for the engine because it revs so high, it may need to be a lot lower for the size or my local track and it's straight. How does 17/21 49/45 sound. I might just try that and see if i can get the best or both worlds between acceleration and top end grunt.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a roll out gear ratio calculator in excel. It will find the correct tire sizes. over drive, gearing etc. Email me and I will send it to you. It is in excel and dummied down so it will work with my palm pilot at trackside. [email protected]
Old 03-31-2002, 03:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default KAWAHARA NEGATIVE DIFF!!!

Seen alot of posts on this ,What lube do i put in the diff gears, will asscociated? plum stuff do its for bevel gears??
needs to be available in the uk!!
Old 03-31-2002, 05:43 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: KAWAHARA NEGATIVE DIFF!!!

Originally posted by Cartman
Seen alot of posts on this ,What lube do i put in the diff gears, will asscociated? plum stuff do its for bevel gears??
needs to be available in the uk!!
I think in general grease is better than silicon oil. Oil can seep into the clutch side of the diff rendering it usless. I am currently using Kyosho gear diff grease, I know some poeple like Racers Chioce Hyspin. Both are suitable!
Old 03-31-2002, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ketchup_gsr
thanks for the info, siokoy, about the neg diff. I still don't want to cough up 90+ dollars for it just yet. I got myself new tires, according to AH10's specs. 26 in the front and 32 in the rear. Fits fine on my prospec. hopefully this weekend it'll run better, with AH10's help.

I'm still kinda hesitant to run it at 240+. Should you do a compression test when the engine's dry or when it has some oil (after run oil)
Actually that kind of setup works using 26 in the front and 32 in the rear. But when your rear tyres are about to worn out well the oversteering will occur.

Regarding the engine.... never test the compression when its dry it will damage your piston sleeve and thats a very expensive part of our engines. Try testing your compression with an after run oil inside your engine
Old 03-31-2002, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by raffaelli
I have a roll out gear ratio calculator in excel. It will find the correct tire sizes. over drive, gearing etc. Email me and I will send it to you. It is in excel and dummied down so it will work with my palm pilot at trackside. [email protected]
Hey can you email me that computation? plss
Old 03-31-2002, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: RE DIFF

Originally posted by Cartman
Thanks Siokoy
What differance will i notice??
Hmmm difference??? Its like using a solid rear axle when it reaches the stretch and it runs smooth so you dont need to correct your steering everytime you're on a hi-spped part of the race track. And negative diff will automatically disengage when your rpm reduces.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

raffaelli
I would like a copy, I sent you my e-mail.

Cartman
I am using silicon grease Hi temp - hi speed I got from my LHS.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Gear set up

Originally posted by Ah10

This is a very hard to answer question! really depends on what kind of engine you are running, clutch set up and such!

Yes my engine is maxed out at the end of the straight! the track that I am running has a 200' straight plus a good 50' right sweeper before the straight so that would make it a total of 250' for the engine and gearing get up to the top speed!
by the way I am using RBX12T 5port engine, man this is a beast! it screams!
Running the Gray clutch shoes and lightweight flyweights will give you the acceleration your after
Old 04-01-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Post Turnbuckles

Does anyone know which titanium turnbuckles (front and rear) will fit the MTX 2?
Could you also, please, tell me the size of the turnbuckles?
Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2002, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Turnbuckles

Originally posted by Pepe
Does anyone know which titanium turnbuckles (front and rear) will fit the MTX 2?
Could you also, please, tell me the size of the turnbuckles?
Thanks!!

For the rear turnbuckles I used the steel ones made for the Yokomo M2USA/M2 Type J. I did have to cut them down in length and also had to trim the ball ends a tad in order to get the correct size to fit the car. On the front I kept the stock parts. If you check some pages back, I posted a picture of the rear link. I would post it again, but I'm not at my home computer.

Rich
Old 04-01-2002, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Camber link

Pepe

here is that picture....

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-2-smallmvc-061x.jpg  
Old 04-01-2002, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you very much guys, but I need the titanium ones.
I am actually using the HPI racer I in the rear. I didn't need to cut anything. It fits perfectly, and I can adjust the camber since it has a hole in it. I'll post a picture when I get home this evening.
Last saturday I broke one of the front ones and i decided to replace for titanium in front and rear, for better looking too
I found that Lunsford makes them but I don't have the exact lenght to order them.
I'll keep you posted
Old 04-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Gear set up

Originally posted by Novarossi

Running the Gray clutch shoes and lightweight flyweights will give you the acceleration your after
I am already using the grey clutch shoe and kawahara lightweight flywheel!
Old 04-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Chassis

I picked a Kawahara chassis today when I went to the LHS. This is a nice looking chassis Beveled around all the openings, sloted for the front belt and a cooling hole for the engine. I took some photo's
[IMG]c:\camcorderphoto's\chassis3.jpg[/IMG]

I have others also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.