Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by psycolosidude
Hey Kodak, Valentino rocks, cant believe you met him, great pic,as i seen him race couple of years ago in Italy, just wish he rode for Ducati, how was Phillips Island, on tv looks awesome, also who won that one, didnt get a chance to check it out good luck with your new motonica as you will find it rips like the Doctor
Today was first practise of motogp - rossi was fastest on day 1, with stoner in second! Tomorrow is final grid qualifying and Sunday is raceday! The island was great sunny and a good amount of spills falls and action! The ducati of stoners is frikin loud and sounds like a mean nasty grumpy bike! F1 bikes basically just big balls on these riders!

As for the motonica I hope to kick some but soon!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't follow motogp racing, but there was a video earlier this year of V Rossi driving an rc car at a track in Italy. It's probably on youtube.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by garen
I don't follow motogp racing, but there was a video earlier this year of V Rossi driving an rc car at a track in Italy. It's probably on youtube.
hey garen, yea i saw that, i think he was racing a Serpent, we got to get him a Motonica
Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Today was first practise of motogp - rossi was fastest on day 1, with stoner in second! Tomorrow is final grid qualifying and Sunday is raceday! The island was great sunny and a good amount of spills falls and action! The ducati of stoners is frikin loud and sounds like a mean nasty grumpy bike! F1 bikes basically just big balls on these riders!

As for the motonica I hope to kick some but soon!
i know it, those desmos are loud, i have a ducati 748s w/ferracci carbon exaust and that is loud so cant imagine Stoners he is a great rider but i am a Rossi fan and use to like Max Biaggi alot, enjoy the race and keep me posted GO MOTONICA!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Amazing day 2, this time it was qualifying and boy was it sensational... I must admit Rossi had it in the bag, but Stoner showed his true brilliance in-front of the home crowd! Tomorrow is race day and I pray for Rossi P1, but Stoner looks good! Will be interesting race for sure! Can Rossi bag No.9 World Championship or will Stoner do it for the home crowd - we wait and see!

As for Rossi with RC testing it sure was a Serpant, come on Motonica where is the love for king on two wheels? Mind you Rossi fid push the Serpent quite hard and did some great laptimes untill he ragged it! LOL

Night my Monti crew!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:56 AM
Suspended

Default Motonica

Just want to say hello to all Motonica fans as i am a new member of RC Tech, i currently race a Motonica P80R and love it, car is fast and an unbelievable handler and also responds so well to the smallest change in set up, i do like the look of the new P81 but im doing well with what i have, just so used to it im almost afraid to change. Can anyone tell me if there really is a big difference in the two? is the P80R still beeing raced around the world? Thanks for the help. hope i am welcome to join all of you on this thread, thanks and GO MOTONICA: as to Kodak and Psyco, i to am a huge fan of Moto GP & the DOCTOR ROSSInumero uno
Old 10-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Both cars are very good, and yes both are still being raced and supported worldwide. Having built and raced both cars, I can say the P81 is quicker on the track and seems to carry more corner speed. The P8.0R 08 is very consistent and easy to drive. The 2 cars are very different in design and geometry, they drive differently, but for me both are very relaxing and easy to drive on the track.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Hey Garen,

Got any tips for the Dog Bones on the P81 - any one have issues of them falling out?

In the build process and it looks a bit of play or movement, but i havent yet got the front end all measured to the correct wheel base - so will need to check this once built complete.

So far going okay - the front hub, quick release was a biartch to do but i got it in the end.

Ill continue again tomorrow - soon shall post pics of the build!

Frankie =)
Old 10-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

I have never had a front dogbone pop out on either the P81 or the P8.0R 08. On both cars I run the front end in the 250mm width range. After you setup your car and measure everything, you should find that the bones will stay in place. If you happen to setup the car wider in the front, then you might need to add an oring inside the drive cups.
Same goes for the rear. If you run less than 262mm wide in the rear you are ok. If you go wider, then you might need a short piece of tubing, depending on droop and camber...

Last edited by garen; 10-19-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

I have never had a front dogbone pop out on either the P81 or the P8.0R 08. On both cars I run the front end in the 250mm width range. After your setup your car and measure everything, you should find that the bones will stay in place. If you happen to setup the car wider in the front, then you might need to add an oring inside the drive cups.
Same goes for the rear. If you run less than 262mm wide in the rear you are ok. If you go wider, then you might need a short piece of tubing, depending on droop and camber...
Cheers Bro! - will keep note as i move closer to the final stages on setup!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Guys its like xmas at my house - so much stuff has arrived and the build has begun! Check out the latestes pics: http://motonica.blogspot.com/

Quick HELP - the brakes they seems to be a wee little tight, now can i lossen the 3 x hex screws to give a bit of play of the pads or are they supose to be tighten all the way - this is the backing plate that is shown in one of my photos!

Cheers
Frankie

Old 10-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Frankie, visit and support page of motonica-usa.com and download the assembly tips file. In there it mentions to sand the pads down a little bit so the finished thickness of the brake pad + brake caliper is about 1.8mm. Do not leave the screws loose and be sure to glue the 2.5mm pins into the bulkhead.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Frankie, visit and support page of motonica-usa.com and download the assembly tips file. In there it mentions to sand the pads down a little bit so the finished thickness of the brake pad + brake caliper is about 1.8mm. Do not leave the screws loose and be sure to glue the 2.5mm pins into the bulkhead.
Confrimed - cheers on the tip!

Yeah i wasnt sure on the pads, as they came pre-assembled due to buying a kit here local rather cheap!

So both of you and the previouse owner mentioned the same details of a bit of TLC.

Cheers
Mate
Old 10-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

more photos updated today/tonight: http://motonica.blogspot.com/2009/10...ll-in-box.html

The engine is entry level combination for me to just test trial the car and get used to the fundementals - later ill port the crank and get some more power out of it.

Or i might just buy a modified engine - see how this one goes first.

One thing i did add tonight was the arrival of the Ergo Front Bracket & the New Rear option swaybar.

Now with the rear brakes there nice and smooth, and after i had debured the acutal disc plate, and gave it some fine sand to take any rough edges, gave the pads a slight sand and it all fits well and snug.

Engine fittment was a bit of playing around as the tank got in the way but reading the tips on here did make that mod to suit the correct position.

Still waiting on my last package to arrive so i can finish the assemble of the rear lower arms and front aswell.

Next is to seek a decent battery, might buy some new servos or just use the ones out of my MTX4-R

Well the build is coming together but i do have one question,

Does the tank wobble a tab and is this normal, or is there a tip i have missed on keeping it more stable?

Cheers
FRankie
Old 10-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Let the tank wobble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.