R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   1/8th scale Motonica (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/160761-1-8th-scale-motonica.html)

smac 04-26-2007 04:06 PM

1/8th scale Motonica

5 Attachment(s)
This thing looks cool. It took 2nd at the Worlds Warm Up in Argentina.

smac 04-26-2007 04:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's more.

pnccj7 04-26-2007 07:10 PM

looks pretty sweet..and pricey too..

HarKonnenD 04-26-2007 10:32 PM

There has been threads about this car few pages back. As awesome as it looks, it does cost a lot more than any of the other 8th circuit cars on the market and part support is an issue. I'm sure if they were more abundant we'd seen them on the tracks here in the USA. :nod:

smac 04-27-2007 06:18 PM

I didn't even look at the price yet. I'm sure there will be more of them showing up this season anyway. The little that I have learned in my first year of this, it seems like many of the nitro on roaders don't care about price!! Makes me wonder why in the heck I didn't stick with electric!

I would expect to see some of the top drivers pick up rides from them and put them in some big A Mains this season.

V1R racer 04-28-2007 02:21 PM

pictures of one being built

http://3hobby.net/modules.php?name=F...&p=23127#23127

HarKonnenD 04-28-2007 05:40 PM

Smac - Electric can cost as much or more than nitro depending on a lot of variables.

MERCCER4LIFE 04-30-2007 10:56 AM

VERY NICE...

rcmike 05-14-2007 05:26 PM

Anyone in the states have one racing at there track yet? Who in the US is selling the car? thanks

gashuffer 05-14-2007 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by rcmike
Anyone in the states have one racing at there track yet? Who in the US is selling the car? thanks

Brooklyn Hobbies :deathstar

ReVhEaD 05-14-2007 08:44 PM

motonica clutch problem

There are 4 driver used the motonica in the national race in indonesia last week end.... 2 of them having problem with the centrifugal and the clutch... after we check... the spring was diffrent ( hardness) from one to another ( all four) ... it was original from the box... anyone can help?

areal 05-15-2007 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by ReVhEaD
There are 4 driver used the motonica in the national race in indonesia last week end.... 2 of them having problem with the centrifugal and the clutch... after we check... the spring was diffrent ( hardness) from one to another ( all four) ... it was original from the box... anyone can help?

What happened with the clutch?
If the clutch was always ""engaged" you can try the following:

1. Insert a grub screw M4x4 in the central hole of each rear shoe.
2. Keep a distance 0,5-0,6 mm between front shoe and bell, to be added to a final clearance 0.1mm on the axial bearing.

If you are still not satisfied, the second solution is to cut a front shoe in three parts and fix each part BETWEEN the pins of the flywheel. In this case, lighten each portion of shoe making a hole.

I hope this helps!

smac 05-15-2007 06:09 PM

We are gonna have one racing at our track this weekend for the R/C Pro Series race. I can't wait to see it.

The shocks look like Mugen's. The throttle/brake linkage is cool looking...lower c.g.!

HarKonnenD- As far as the money it takes to run gas...I agree with you, but the problem is that I still have all of my electric stuff to race and now I have added this stuff!!

daniz24 05-15-2007 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by ReVhEaD

from the sound of the engine my 1st guess the clutch is not properly set/built

MERCCER4LIFE 05-15-2007 08:22 PM

show us pics at the race....