Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If the hit is strong enough to move the servo saver position, then chances are something else is going to bend or break.

Yes the inner steering ball ends rub the pulley flange in the forward and somewhat in the middle position (depending on wheelbase and caster position). Just let them wear each other in or buzz the ball ends with a dremel and problem is solved.

I just got a parts shipment today, if any of the batteries showed up, I will ship a couple of Mico.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks
also has Mike talked to you about needing the trees for the other cars. so far it looks like the kits are missing the 2 trees for the front end.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

The 2 trees contain parts for front and rear ends, and yes Mike has talked to me about them. I did not receive the trees but I will try to piece together some parts so you can finish your car.
Please pay extra attention to the parts on these trees. Each tree contains one of each bushing or cup or insert, etc. Download the assembly tips from motonica-usa.com, all this info is in there.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default clutch help

hi guys please helppppppppp

ive got big clutch problems.... what ever i try i can not sort it...

build the clutch per the instructions and when i put the car down the clutch slips then all of a suddern the car moves... then after about 15 mins it kills the pads... ive tried this now with 2 diffrent clutches and killed them both ..

can you please give me some guidence or advice on a diffrent clutch than the kit one

thanks
lee
Old 05-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rapid-rc
hi guys please helppppppppp

ive got big clutch problems.... what ever i try i can not sort it...

build the clutch per the instructions and when i put the car down the clutch slips then all of a suddern the car moves... then after about 15 mins it kills the pads... ive tried this now with 2 diffrent clutches and killed them both ..

can you please give me some guidence or advice on a diffrent clutch than the kit one

thanks
lee

Follow these directions to setup your clutch.

http://www.cefx.net/tips/nitro/clutch/index.php

If it's still eating your clutch shoes, then change the clutch bell.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for that i will give it a try....
Old 05-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

The first big shipment of P81 spare and option parts is here. More kits coming in about 10 days followed by the rest of the spare and option parts not yet here.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by garen
The first big shipment of P81 spare and option parts is here. More kits coming in about 10 days followed by the rest of the spare and option parts not yet here.
Thanks for the awesome update! Suppliers of your calibur are few and far between.

Keep up the great work!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:50 PM
avs
Tech Master

fyi, in the latest sales blurb from HobbyPeople they are running a sale may21-25? anyways they are showing a orion battery pack for RCGT.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Goodluck to Garen and Arno this weekend.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Garen
did the rx batterys come in? the packs from the old car will not fit( they are wide and short) the new packs are long and thin. im glad to see the extra space to run the biger cells 2/3 . also if anyone has a link to where you can buy them with the side by side and one on the end please post it as i need to do somthing by this thursday. as a last resort i will build a pack but i hate to mess with the small cells , its very easy to get too much heat in one.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

the car is all finished. doing set up tonight. any big changes from the stock set up sheet ? ??
Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

RX batteries should be in Mike's hands today.
The book setup is a good starting point for an average size track with average grip. My Vegas setup is posted on my website, and it is slightly different than the book setup (a bit narrow, higher roll centers, short wheelbase).
The setup I ran yesterday at Crystal Park is very different from the book setup, but unless your track is super tight, like a mini version of 301 (or so I am told) with a grip of VHT sprayed on, then you probably won't need my new setup. I'll post it on the website this week regardless.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

hey all,

was out yesterday with the p81 for our first meeting.... used a mixture of standard and garen vegas set up at halifax in the uk....she went like beans....
martin from motonica uk.. set me the 2speed and clutch up and she was singing....

then came the rain dropped the ms wets on with no set up change and we were as quick if not quicker than anyone in our final ...."c" started 8th was running 2nd until the 15mins mark came in for a fuel stop and we found that i had stripped 1st gear.... bummer but hey first run with the car.....

VERY VERY HAPPY THE NEW CAR IS MEGA

BIG THANKS TO MARTIN BANCROFT FROM PRO ZONE/MOTONICA UK FOR THE HELP ALL DAY LONG......NOT MANY IMPORTERS IN THE UK WHO WOULD DO WHAT HE DID....
Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

perfect !!!!!!!
the bats came today and i think im ready for this weekend. i did want to ask about the 2mm droop in front, it looks like the ride ht is very low when i set the stops at the +2mm with 67 mm tires on the front. i did read about needing the 2 speed pretty tight, as a rule i will run the screw in and then back them out about 3 turns each with very little play in the other screws with the balls. will i need to run the spring screw tighter than that for a start?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.