Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th scale Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Best pics I've seen yet thanks Garen! Those should tide me over just fine.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Suspended

thats a very nice car....my GOD!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Old 11-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

that's my pit man extraordinaire, Arno
Old 11-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ocktoberfest00
thats a very nice car....my GOD!
Dang straight it is bro!!! The cool thing is that it runs as good as it looks. AWESOME!!!! The Motonica looks fast just sitting there. Everyone already knows this, But oh do I LOVE my MOTONICA!!!! Damn Garen, you did some VERY nice Pics my friend! Great job on the build too, Flawless I must say. Your camera and lens is perfect for that type of shoot. I have been messing with my cameras and lenses, trying to find out what would be best. I have a 24 Macro for the Nikon or fuji, whatever it is that seems to be the ticket, it's a nice SLR. What lens did you use with your ultra fine pics there bro?? By the way I love the background too man. Excellent. You did killer Garen bro!!!! Motonica Rules baby...it rules! Thanks too for holding over ESWLFSE until he gets his. He is quite stoked I can assure you!!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dang straight it is bro!!! The cool thing is that it runs as good as it looks. AWESOME!!!! The Motonica looks fast just sitting there. Everyone already knows this, But oh do I LOVE my MOTONICA!!!! Damn Garen, you did some VERY nice Pics my friend! Great job on the build too, Flawless I must say. Your camera and lens is perfect for that type of shoot. I have been messing with my cameras and lenses, trying to find out what would be best. I have a 24 Macro for the Nikon or fuji, whatever it is that seems to be the ticket, it's a nice SLR. What lens did you use with your ultra fine pics there bro?? By the way I love the background too man. Excellent. You did killer Garen bro!!!! Motonica Rules baby...it rules! Thanks too for holding over ESWLFSE until he gets his. He is quite stoked I can assure you!!!!
swseeet!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen

O.k. I definetely need the upper aluminum piece that connects the radio tray to the front shock tower.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen

Where is Arno?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
O.k. I definetely need the upper aluminum piece that connects the radio tray to the front shock tower.
That's the y-brace...I am pretty sure it adds steering/steering response, at least that's what it felt like it did.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Suspended

lets keep this thread alive!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

No worries it will get much livelier as soon as mine arrives.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ESWLFSE
No worries it will get much livelier as soon as mine arrives.
I'll be with you here too dude!! Just wait till racing season hits again. Only about 3 more months or so for us in CO. WOW that's a while still. Well, I'll just hit all these other races around the US in the mean time! Anyway, Here is a few pics of what I did to mount the transponder. The mount is actually a Serpent transponder mount I had laying around. I countersunk two screw holes from the bottom of the top plate. I think this is a prefered method to get the transponder away from the other electronics. So for you guys that will be getting kits soon or in the future, this will help give you an idea for your transponder. It's quite simple after you look at it, but if you have questions, ANY questions....ask away! Later guys!
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-motonica-transponder-002.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-motonica-transponder-004.jpg  
Old 11-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hey bro! Well for me, I would like to end up with ALL of the option parts. I don't think they are ALL 100% necessary, but they will help in the long run because of their strength and longevity. Plus they look trick as hell.

For myself, I only have a few of the optional parts. I do have the shorter titanium shaft but not the 2 speed one, need to get it. I would put this under the "need" catagory due to the rotational mass. Lighter things spin up faster. I also have the two rear pieces that the lower a-arm attaches to in the front of the a-arms (rear lower arm support, 06-011B). I think that these are important for longevity. I never had a problem with the originals, but I could see them needing replacement after time. I also have a pair of the Titanium rear dogbones (swingshafts) for weight saving...again rotational mass. I do have the X stiffener, however havent tried it out yet.

One thing that I have done is use the Mugen front CVD's. They fit like they were made for the car. I think I needed to shim a little, but nothing major. I prefer the CVD over swing shaft for a number of reasons. So this is an option if you guys didn't realize this already. Also the Mugen clutch and spur gears are the same including some of the 2 speed parts I believe. However only the BRAND NEW Mugen MRX4-X (I think) has the 3 pin flywheel. The other Mugen versions have the 4 pin, which will also work but you need 4 pin everything. I prefer the 3 pin. This all means that you can also use the Mugen lightweight clutchbell. I'm almost 100% positive that the threads of the pinions and clutchbells are the same. So this help us US owners out a bit in the clutch department until we have a new distributor step up, which I hope is soon.

Regarless of the optional parts or not, this car is still by far the strongest car on the market. I will put it up against ANY other manufacturer for torture testing. Plus it is one of the easiest and most fun cars I have ever driven! If you don't have a Motonica, you need one. trust me.
Tell us more about these option parts like where did you find them? You also mentioned the MRX-4 CVDs needed shims? Where?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Motonica

Tell us more about these option parts like where did you find them? You also mentioned the MRX-4 CVDs needed shims? Where?
Actually, if you use the Mugen CVD axle and the Evolva CVD dogbone it will work perfectly, and no shims are needed. They work like they were meant for the car.
The option parts are available from Motonica. And by the way, I have been driving gas cars for 20 years and this is the absolute best ever!
It reacts excellent to changes in adjustments like sway, caster, etc..
You will not be disappointed. I will post a set-up sheet soon that I used at the Nationals in Vegas....the car was on rails!!
Old 11-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here are a few pics I just took to show you the MRX4 CVD and the X brace for the Motonica. I have not ran with the X brace yet, haven't had it that long. Anyway on my car the CVD is ALL Mugen, no Evlova parts. I place a thin shim on the inside and on the outside of the Axle to take out the small amount of movement. So placing the shims on each end sort of made it centered so to speak. I will try and get some more pics up of things either I have done or are option parts etc. But here you go in the meantime. Yes I might have been over redundant on the pics, but so what.
Attached Thumbnails 1/8th scale Motonica-motonica-x-brace-001.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-motonica-x-brace-004.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-motonica-x-brace-005.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-motonica-x-brace-006.jpg   1/8th scale Motonica-motonica-x-brace-009.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.