Selling my Reflex, need advice on new sedan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selling my Reflex, need advice on new sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

you know what, to tell the truth, this is the deal with my reflex. i built the car new, with an MT12. took it to the track for the first time and was running incredibly well. i mean this thing was handeling unbelievably well, many spectating club racers were quite impressed, then i got a little too confident and smacked a curb head on approaching 70% speed. result a bent chassis, bent aluminum radio tray mount, and broken front plastic bumper/body mount. the experience put me off because it costed about 100 to fix so i put it back in the box and havent touched it for a few months now. i have been running my tc3 and others since. now that i think about it, i cannt justify a reason why i want to sell the car. i think ill get it out of the box, brush it off and take it to the track this weekend. now if i can just find the manual for the setup and which foams go where... i really appreciate all the help everyone has provided, you guys are great
Old 04-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fastharry
I agree......I race my tc3's hard....Don't listen to teh naysayers...half the guys complaining about the tc3 did so cause they read it on the net...

Esp teh mugen guys...go on that forum and read all the fit and finish problems that car has....If you want to stick with a belt car,nothing is higher quality than a Serpent...

shaft drive?...tc3 is the way to go..
I cant believe you said that!

Just build the car(MTX-3) carefully and correctly and you got no problems(sound familiar!).

You are the very one telling everybody on the Nitro TC3 thread that the car has no problems if you build and tune it right. Then you go on and say that the MTX-3 has fit and finish problems?!

My MTX-3(do you have one btw?) handles great and stays together despite those reported "Fit and finish" problems.

I can say that I liked the NTC3 too but I just couldn't drive and worry at the same time. I'm more of a Mugen fan than a AE fan anyways.

I WAS on your side on the NTC3 thread till you flamed the MTX-3. Why the flaming? Was it because a bunch of NTC3 owners jumped on the so called "MTX-3 Bandwagon"?

Oh yeah, at least my MTX-3 doesn't require "THE FIX".............or was it "THE NEW FIX"?
Old 04-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Compuatic,

If getting parts for your Reflex is still a problem, I would just sell it and get something you can get parts for easily.

Then again, you already have the NTC3 and i'm sure you can get parts for that easily. Use the money from the Reflex for tires and extra parts and maybe the "The Fix" too.

Other than that, i'd recommend the MTX-3.