Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

more pics please looks sweet
Old 11-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcg33k
Why in the hell would he want to give you those numbers, especially on a public forum? .
..just trying to establish why they won't be imported. Steve says they can't sell the volume needed. I'm just wondering what the volume required is. If they could sell as many of these as 1/8 Evolvas why wouldn't you import them..........why would publishing #s hurt the bottom line? I understand that they are in business to make money, what company isn't........but i have seen many items imported by Kyosho that I HAVE never personally seen.....
Old 11-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Kyosho has traditionally imported a LOT of very odd kits, with various levels of success. Personally, I find it tremendously ironic that the excuse being used by Kyosho employees for the reasons it's not in the U.S. (yet) is that they are taking feedback from dealers and retailers that would potentially carry it that it might be priced too high and wouldn't sell.

The R/C hobby landscape is littered with items priced to high that theoretically shouldn't sell, and that doesn't stop anyone from carrying them or selling them.

Small, unknown market? Sure, but why should that ever stop a company like Kyosho--it never has in the past (1/8th F1, SuperTen, 1/8th go kart, nitro Blizzard, nitro Quad Racer, Kyosho WaveBlaster, F10, Assault, Kyosho Surfer "Hang Ten"... should I go on?)

Sorry, it's obvious people want the kit--more than anyone might want an R/C surfer or snow plow. Bring it here in small numbers, and see if it will fly. I'd bet that it will sell, but what do I know?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rcg33k,

Apex stated it the best. Kyosho has imported tons of stuff to the US that has not sold well, been anything close to a hit, or was just plain garbage to many of us. Apex stated a very good list in his last post. So, we in the states have to pay because Kyosho has bad product and market evaluators?!? Many of us have stated a strong enough case to import the Spada and Kyosho still chooses to ignore us. What many of us are saying is that it is not fair to the stateside distributors and hobby shops that we consumers are sending our monies overseas and supporting their markets directly for a product that should be offered here instead of the Blizzard line, Waveblaster line, and Surfer "Hang Ten" line. When was the last time you and any of your friends ran to the local hobby store or pulled up an online store and said I have to rush and get any one of the aforementioned items?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Guys, you wanna get these, we can start a new nitro class at our tracks..... http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-1-12-NITR...QQcmdZViewItem i bet my blizzard is faster than yours...............look, still 172 available.........get one now, they're gonna go FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Guys, you wanna get these, we can start a new nitro class at our tracks..... http://cgi.ebay.com/KYOSHO-1-12-NITR...QQcmdZViewItem i bet my blizzard is faster than yours...............look, still 172 available.........get one now, they're gonna go FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You laugh, but there is a LHS in my town that has both the electric and nitro versions on the shelf. Been there for at least two years. Even tried to give one away in a raffle and the winner did not want it. Both going for over $200 USD NIB. Another LHS in my area has a Waveblaster that has been on the shelf at least 1 yr. They sent the "Hang Ten" surfer back for a credit to the distributor. And Kyosho don't think the Spada will sell here in the states?!? How is this for an idea, how about take the crappy Blizzard, Waveblaster, "Hang Ten", much of the mini-z line-up, and the many mini inferno products and replace them with the Spada. The Inferno GT is becoming a hit in the states so why wouldn't the Spada be a niche hit as well? Can SteveP answer that one?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
US $299.99

Nah, it's over priced. It'll never sell.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

At $300, I am going to get one right now...........NOT!!!! Wait, for that, I could get a Spada imported here from bakaguyjean, including shipping (depending on the current exchange rate). Guess I will have to tell my independent LHS owner that he has to miss out on a $300 sale due to Kyosho USA not make the product available for them to order and sell. Also, my independent LHS will miss out on the couple of hundred dollars in parts and tires that I will purchase to have a stock of replacements when I break (no "if" there).
Old 11-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

On this thread:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...04#post3908104

Rich says he'll make a class for the Spada at the Airtronics GP in January... Who's game... there will be two Spada's from Utah....
Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
On this thread:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...04#post3908104

Rich says he'll make a class for the Spada at the Airtronics GP in January... Who's game... there will be two Spada's from Utah....
Get them ready to run if you can get a group of them we will run them all together no matter what mods you have made to the chassis or motor, i want to keep it simple. I really like this little car
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Rich... you'll love it with 15 minutes of run time per fill-up..
Old 11-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

try racecraftrc.com

very good price.

Last edited by fatboy; 11-27-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

SteveP,

Been very quiet. What's up, awaiting the verdict from the Kyosho braintrust about carrying the car in the states? Inquirying minds still would like to know.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
SteveP,

Been very quiet. What's up, awaiting the verdict from the Kyosho braintrust about carrying the car in the states? Inquirying minds still would like to know.
.............Einstein Stevoooooooooooooo says nooooooooooo Spadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........
Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Modified-Kyo...QQcmdZViewItem ................even Hang Ten dude costs more than a Spada.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.