Wiki Posts
Search

"TEXAS BIGGIE" 2007- 30 Years!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pics 2

A few more from Concourse...
Attached Thumbnails "TEXAS BIGGIE" 2007- 30 Years!-picture-012.jpg   "TEXAS BIGGIE" 2007- 30 Years!-picture-013.jpg   "TEXAS BIGGIE" 2007- 30 Years!-picture-014.jpg  
Old 05-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is that Tim Copps body in the middle???? Nevermind, I can see the name on the side.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

"Keep it simple and on your level" was a sarcastic attempt to insult my intelligence. The little smiles (weird and roll eyes/sarcastic) I also believe were meant to insult me and make me feel stupid. Somebody with all of your writing credentials should know that the written word might be taken in way that is not intended. Your sentence about who won falls into this area. I obviously took it in a way that you didn't mean, but you were not clear about. All I did was state that Tommy broke and you get so upset because somebody posted that before me. The only thing I feel stupid about is that I am still arguing with you about this. I will pass on the writing lessons. Judging from what I am reading, I don't feel they are worth money...... That was a sarcastic insult.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sorry Scott!!! But imoticons are not intended to insult, but make things fun. Back at post 163 is where things spun out of control, it seems. I am sorry you feel this way. I now know where I stand with you and when I am in Vegas for the IIC, I will buy you a drink to make it up to you. Fair enough?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

You got it... See you in Sept.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.promofo-racing.org/Big-Mas-8th-A.html

Promofo Racing recorded most of the A mains and will be giving us edited video as he can. This is for the 8th Masters A main. Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Back at the office after a few days in Texas. I have never had so much rain at an event like this time. Incredible!!!

More incredible is the dedication of the RCRCNT crew trying to get the program running. They dry and prep the track at least 11 times in 4 days. Amazing!!! Hats off to this group of people. I think the big winners at this event where them

Going back to the race.... well mother nature was not on our side, so we where very limited in track time.
Our new Texas driver Jeremy Cupps did an incredible job. First time driving the S-960 and was already extremely competitive. Fastest lap time of the event in both qualifiers was confirming his good performance.
Unfornately we where not able to run the main, but i am sure that was going to be a good one!!!

Congrats to all the winners for their performance. Congrats also to the Motonica Team on their debut.

Again, thanks to RCRCNT for all the effort. See you next year
Old 05-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default Question about the order of the mains

Ok I have two 8th scale mains then the 10th Expert. What were the first two 8th scale mains? Was it C and B for the Experts or a B for the experts and a A-main for the spec class? Don't want to screw up the titles it takes too long to reencode them. I usually put an audio cue for the order on the tape but for some reason I had a massive brain fade Monday and didn't do that. Could have been that 200 mile drive Only my 3rd time to video on-road so I'm still getting it together. Wish it hadn't been so dark that kinda messed up the color a bit and confuses the encoder so its not quite as sharp as usual. But what are you gonna do about the weather I'll be at some upcoming events. The Nat in November in Houston for sure and at least one more race at the Rendon Track maybe more depends on how high gas is this summer. Sure did have a good time even though the weather was crappy. Really nice facility. I'd like to try out my nitro bike around that puppy some time.

Griz
Old 05-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

The first main run was the B main for expert. I believe the second 1/8th main that ran was masters, but not certain about that one.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Masters was the 3rd one

I know one of the drivers in the Masters being a old guy myself. That was the 3rd one I taped. The two before that one are the ones I'm not sure about. I think its the b-main expert and a-main spec. But since it takes close to 2 hours to encode one of these things I want to make sure before starting to edit them tonight. I can always do the 10th Masters instead. Sure wish that Expert 8th would have run. Or I would have known it wasn't going to run so I wouldn't have rested during the Masters 10th and got more footage of that one. No biggie I still have quite a bit. Next time I'm bringing my powered wheelchair. With the paved area all around the track I can get around easy and not have to take any breaks. I'll have a lot better set-up for next time. 3 cameras and a glidepod will make much better quality video. Wanted to have it in time for the biggie just couldn't raise the cash in time. I had a 5 camera set-up with a DVR but the weather put a stop to any attempt at trying that set-up out. And the cables would have been a problem I think. Oh well by the time the Biggie rolls around next year I'll have all this figured out.

Griz
Old 05-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

It must be spec then. Look closely and if you see a lot of orange cylinder heads.... Isn't that the color of the Mega 21's?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by griz11
Ok I have two 8th scale mains then the 10th Expert. What were the first two 8th scale mains? Was it C and B for the Experts or a B for the experts and a A-main for the spec class?
Griz
The order went
1/8 open B main
1/8 Spec A main
1/10 sedan open A main
1/10 Masters sedan A main
1/8 Masters A main
1/8 open A main(1/8 open hydroplane 4wd driff rain out A main)

griz11 the shots look great hope to see you out there more and bring the bike
Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default You are running the south Austin track this weekend right

Are you running the south Austin track this weekend? My glidecam won't be here on time but I might come out to get some video if you are running on the big track. The bike isn't quite ready to run yet still waiting on a part to get around a problem with the carbon chassis but should be ready to go by the next time you run the big track. I'll bring it anyways. Pretty sweet now that I have all the goodies on it.

Griz
Old 05-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Griz, thanks for recording what you did. Since you're here I'll leave it to you to post the videos here too. Great work. You might have to add a little Carrie Underwood music for Charlie's main though! NOT! Oh yea, that was my main too. How about "I can't get no satisfaction" by the Stones!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Flatous Tires
You might have to add a little Carrie Underwood music for Charlie's main though! NOT! !

You could play Margaritaville for Charlie's main too. Not sure, but he may have been recovering from a trip to Margaritaville for that main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.