Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sts engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

I got my sts pipe in today. I did not try it out yet. If you guys would like to see it, click on the link in my signature. It is in my hpi nrs4-2 #2 album. last pics in it(its a black pipe).
Old 03-17-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by TheRagunCajun
I got my sts pipe in today. I did not try it out yet. If you guys would like to see it, click on the link in my signature. It is in my hpi nrs4-2 #2 album. last pics in it(its a black pipe).
RagunCagun,

Please let us know how it is
after you've tried it.

Also, upon looking at your album,
how did you do the lights?

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

Ill be sure to tell you guys how it is. I made those lights by using old x-mas tree lights. A little creative wireing and it was done. Worked great. Only thing, i never play with my car at night. I did it only for a camping trip i went on with my bud. thanx for taking the time out to look at my pics anyways.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Ill be sure to tell you guys how it is. I made those lights by using old x-mas tree lights. A little creative wireing and it was done. Worked great. Only thing, i never play with my car at night. I did it only for a camping trip i went on with my bud. thanx for taking the time out to look at my pics anyways.
Thanks!

By the way,
Did you have a separate battery
pack for the lights? Or was hooked
up with the car's pack for the radio?

Last edited by jwf-ronni; 03-18-2003 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks!

By the way,
Did you have a separate battery
pack for the lights? Or was hooked
up with the car's pack for the radio?
Old 03-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Engine discussions

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing

And lastly to Michael . . .
Take a look at this kid - he looks pretty happy to me. My son has already agreed that when wheelchair time comes for me, it will have a gas engine.
I run out of breath talking about pops already and as long as he comply with resolution 1441, it's ok with me and no need to regime change

regarding your wheelchair make sure it's a pullstart version and not the starter box type.

ed
Old 03-18-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

My pipe works great. I has more top end than my cvec. It has a nice sound and my engine still runs great. The stinger hole is just as big as my cvec so it has a nice loud sound. It is kinda on the deep sound. I am pretty amazed at it.

I used a separate battery for the lights. For the alfa body i used a 9v battery which didnt last long at all. I used to use 9.6 but i wanted to try something different. The 9.6vlasted longer.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default R/C Night lights

TheRagunCajun;

The reason some of us ask is, our Local Track has racing twice a month on Saturday evenings.
The lighting is less than perfect, so it can be hard to stay focused on your car while it's tearing around the track. (at least for us old guys)
I did try driving by feel once, but it was so expensive I had to come up with another way.
Thanks,

Last edited by popsracer; 03-19-2003 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For nite time racing I use some flashing tire caps I found at the auto store.I cut a whole and sandwich the two ends together.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Chat Moderator

pops;

If you arent worried about them beaming and lighting up the front of ya path then they would work great. I was wondering why you guys asked. You can also try some EL wire. I dont know the actual whole name but it is a thin wire thats as small as ya antenna. It can be found is auto stores for very cheap. People use it to llight up stuff on real car's interior. Also pople use it on pc tower mods.