Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Does Richie carry those two brands at the hobby store?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Does Richie carry those two brands at the hobby store?
Think he only does prism
Old 04-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

He sure does. Damn good price too! Now I just need to sell the 8th onroad and bag the NT1 . Know anyone that ones a newly built MRX4x with just break in run on the chassis?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
Think he only does prism
What's up D-nicest!!
I am thinking about coming down to chapin this week for there opening race. I was wondering what diff Fluid should I use in the front 80k,150k,200k or a spool? I think 80k should work in the rear? Also the set up you use last year at the roar race, the one with the front spool would that be a good starting point. Also what tire shores should I bring I don't no how the traction is?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HoboShop
What's up D-nicest!!
I am thinking about coming down to chapin this week for there opening race. I was wondering what diff Fluid should I use in the front 80k,150k,200k or a spool? I think 80k should work in the rear? Also the set up you use last year at the roar race, the one with the front spool would that be a good starting point. Also what tire shores should I bring I don't no how the traction is?
Yeah the setup from the regionals should be a great starting point, so the spool in the front would be my choice. Traction was crazy last year and my car seemed to feel best with 40f 42r. They have had about 2 races there this year but I haven't yet been there, from what I hear the bite is still good and is coming back up from a green start. during the last race cars were traction rolling... You may want to bring a variety of shores.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah the setup from the regionals should be a great starting point, so the spool in the front would be my choice. Traction was crazy last year and my car seemed to feel best with 40f 42r. They have had about 2 races there this year but I haven't yet been there, from what I hear the bite is still good and is coming back up from a green start. during the last race cars were traction rolling... You may want to bring a variety of shores.
Thanks for the info!!!!!

Also is there a big difference between mugen or kyosho 80k and xray 80k my store doesn't carry xray 80k? Also are the alu radio tray mounts worth getting?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey guys, can someone explain the effects of more or less camber rise?

Meaning using the longer or shorter rear upper arm link?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Hey guys, can someone explain the effects of more or less camber rise?

Meaning using the longer or shorter rear upper arm link?
A long link (inner hole) will give you less camber rise when the suspension is compressed. The outer hole (shorter link) will give you more camber rise, so when the chassis bottoms out with the shorter link you will see a change in camber gain. This will affect how much static camber to use on the setup station, as to how your tyres will wear. So for a short link you will need less camber on the setup station to make your tyres wear like they would with a longer link.

Depending on how you have your suspension setup (hard or soft, roll centers high or low), depends the length of the link. A hard setup with high roll centers will generally feel better with the shorter link, the suspension travels less and the gain in camber will generally help with grip.
A soft setup with roll, then the suspension will be working easier and the need for a big gain in camber will be reduced. Overall the middle hole will see you well. Obviously the up and down changes of your roll centers, affects how the car reacts to a change of direction.

AFM
Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Thanks for the info!!!!!

Also is there a big difference between mugen or kyosho 80k and xray 80k my store doesn't carry xray 80k? Also are the alu radio tray mounts worth getting?
Yes there is a difference, try getting some xray oil from Nexus. It also comes with the kit from what I know so you may have some tucked away somewhere... The alu radio tray mounts did make the chassis a little more rigid, it really isn't the biggest difference in the world but I like them.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Yes there is a difference, try getting some xray oil from Nexus. It also comes with the kit from what I know so you may have some tucked away somewhere... The alu radio tray mounts did make the chassis a little more rigid, it really isn't the biggest difference in the world but I like them.
Can you tell me the difference?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I got my money back from the Nats race so it's not happening bruh. Where else you headed this year?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I got my money back from the Nats race so it's not happening bruh. Where else you headed this year?

Dorian! ugghhhhh oh wait this is not the 733 thread. lol What's going on? lol
Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
Dorian! ugghhhhh oh wait this is not the 733 thread. lol What's going on? lol
Yeah, you're lost...not much, trying to settle in so I can get back to hardcore racing.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Damn that sucks.. You better be coming through to CT for the Novarossi Challenge... Really looking into the Xray challenge as well
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Can you tell me the difference?
Lol, that one will cost you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.