R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 04-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #5221
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Does Richie carry those two brands at the hobby store?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #5222
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD View Post
Does Richie carry those two brands at the hobby store?
Think he only does prism
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #5223
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

He sure does. Damn good price too! Now I just need to sell the 8th onroad and bag the NT1 . Know anyone that ones a newly built MRX4x with just break in run on the chassis?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #5224
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Think he only does prism
What's up D-nicest!!
I am thinking about coming down to chapin this week for there opening race. I was wondering what diff Fluid should I use in the front 80k,150k,200k or a spool? I think 80k should work in the rear? Also the set up you use last year at the roar race, the one with the front spool would that be a good starting point. Also what tire shores should I bring I don't no how the traction is?
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #5225
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
What's up D-nicest!!
I am thinking about coming down to chapin this week for there opening race. I was wondering what diff Fluid should I use in the front 80k,150k,200k or a spool? I think 80k should work in the rear? Also the set up you use last year at the roar race, the one with the front spool would that be a good starting point. Also what tire shores should I bring I don't no how the traction is?
Yeah the setup from the regionals should be a great starting point, so the spool in the front would be my choice. Traction was crazy last year and my car seemed to feel best with 40f 42r. They have had about 2 races there this year but I haven't yet been there, from what I hear the bite is still good and is coming back up from a green start. during the last race cars were traction rolling... You may want to bring a variety of shores.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #5226
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah the setup from the regionals should be a great starting point, so the spool in the front would be my choice. Traction was crazy last year and my car seemed to feel best with 40f 42r. They have had about 2 races there this year but I haven't yet been there, from what I hear the bite is still good and is coming back up from a green start. during the last race cars were traction rolling... You may want to bring a variety of shores.
Thanks for the info!!!!!

Also is there a big difference between mugen or kyosho 80k and xray 80k my store doesn't carry xray 80k? Also are the alu radio tray mounts worth getting?
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #5227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Hey guys, can someone explain the effects of more or less camber rise?

Meaning using the longer or shorter rear upper arm link?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #5228
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Hey guys, can someone explain the effects of more or less camber rise?

Meaning using the longer or shorter rear upper arm link?
A long link (inner hole) will give you less camber rise when the suspension is compressed. The outer hole (shorter link) will give you more camber rise, so when the chassis bottoms out with the shorter link you will see a change in camber gain. This will affect how much static camber to use on the setup station, as to how your tyres will wear. So for a short link you will need less camber on the setup station to make your tyres wear like they would with a longer link.

Depending on how you have your suspension setup (hard or soft, roll centers high or low), depends the length of the link. A hard setup with high roll centers will generally feel better with the shorter link, the suspension travels less and the gain in camber will generally help with grip.
A soft setup with roll, then the suspension will be working easier and the need for a big gain in camber will be reduced. Overall the middle hole will see you well. Obviously the up and down changes of your roll centers, affects how the car reacts to a change of direction.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #5229
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
Thanks for the info!!!!!

Also is there a big difference between mugen or kyosho 80k and xray 80k my store doesn't carry xray 80k? Also are the alu radio tray mounts worth getting?
Yes there is a difference, try getting some xray oil from Nexus. It also comes with the kit from what I know so you may have some tucked away somewhere... The alu radio tray mounts did make the chassis a little more rigid, it really isn't the biggest difference in the world but I like them.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #5230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes there is a difference, try getting some xray oil from Nexus. It also comes with the kit from what I know so you may have some tucked away somewhere... The alu radio tray mounts did make the chassis a little more rigid, it really isn't the biggest difference in the world but I like them.
Can you tell me the difference?
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #5231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
I got my money back from the Nats race so it's not happening bruh. Where else you headed this year?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #5232
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I got my money back from the Nats race so it's not happening bruh. Where else you headed this year?

Dorian! ugghhhhh oh wait this is not the 733 thread. lol What's going on? lol
Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #5233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
Dorian! ugghhhhh oh wait this is not the 733 thread. lol What's going on? lol
Yeah, you're lost...not much, trying to settle in so I can get back to hardcore racing.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #5234
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
Damn that sucks.. You better be coming through to CT for the Novarossi Challenge... Really looking into the Xray challenge as well
Old 04-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #5235
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Can you tell me the difference?
Lol, that one will cost you