Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
I looked. Congrats!

Had a family outing that cause me to miss the race. You're lucky I didn't show up. You probably would have been 2nd.
oh please, Its a touring car. I run touring car in this area like its my Ho House. If it was a pancar I would still lap you 6 times lol. But since your talkin smack I will even put in my SL3 and beat you. Hell, give me a fresh OS and I got you covered lol. I can't wait to see you run a rubber touring car this winter... I am going to spend all winter taking you to school.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
oh please, Its a touring car. I run touring car in this area like its my Ho House. If it was a pancar I would still lap you 6 times lol. But since your talkin smack I will even put in my SL3 and beat you. Hell, give me a fresh OS and I got you covered lol. I can't wait to see you run a rubber touring car this winter... I am going to spend all winter taking you to school.
Well, you'll have to out-smack me to prove it. How about showing up at the Timezone Gran Prix in a couple of weeks. Should be a good turn out. Might find a bunch of people to smack.

Lookin' forward to this winter. Didn't have a carpet sedan last year. Got one on order tho... I'm sure you'll help me with the setup.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Well, you'll have to out-smack me to prove it. How about showing up at the Timezone Gran Prix in a couple of weeks. Should be a good turn out. Might find a bunch of people to smack.

Lookin' forward to this winter. Didn't have a carpet sedan last year. Got one on order tho... I'm sure you'll help me with the setup.
I am hoping to have time for the TZ race. And I will totally help you with a sedan. Much more fun than those pan cars lol. Only problem with rubber tire sedan is no touching lol. Foam is more forgiving for that sorta nonsense lol
Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I have the measurements somewhere, I will post them later this day.
that would be awesome! thanks mate
Old 07-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

which one should i get to replace my NT1 2010 chassis, the original one or from 3rd party, i.e, CSO 3.1mm 7075 hard coated? price offered to me is same price.
thanks

Ras
Old 07-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

rx7, some clutch pictures - http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy139/mikedoo3/

I'm using the Xray collet for Novarossi, I'm using an OS engine. Thickness of the shoe is about 4.5mm. I don't see anything wrong. I'm thinking about compressing the clutch spring in a vise... bad idea? or maybe it won't do anything, I don't know.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikedoo3

I'm using the Xray collet for Novarossi, I'm using an OS engine. Thickness of the shoe is about 4.5mm. I don't see anything wrong. I'm thinking about compressing the clutch spring in a vise... bad idea? or maybe it won't do anything, I don't know.
Ok, I was talking about measuring from where the clutch wears (the brown area on the clutch shoe, to the 90* corner of the shoe. But after looking at your parts they look ok. start with your preload nut even, and a gap of .5, I think dietta was right. Sounds like your engine is just pig rich. How much liquid fuel / oil is coming out of the exhaust? I was assuming it was a clutch tuning or part problem. are you new to nitro?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

hey guys i need a good setup for a short track everything i have try has not worked out for me and my ass end keeps swing out on me any input will help

thanks
Tuan
Old 07-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by td-civ
hey guys i need a good setup for a short track everything i have try has not worked out for me and my ass end keeps swing out on me any input will help

thanks
Tuan
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...1152&setup=nt1
you could try that one for starts, only thing not stock would be the -.75 hexes. What track do you run at?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by D-nicest
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...1152&setup=nt1
you could try that one for starts, only thing not stock would be the -.75 hexes. What track do you run at?
ill try there and the track i run at is a local track every other sunday in London ONT Canada

http://www.rrol.ca/track.asp
Old 07-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

ill try there and the track i run at is a local track every other sunday in London ONT Canada

http://www.rrol.ca/track.asp
How about posting the setup you are using.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

How about posting the setup you are using.
i have used many setups and right now the car is stripped for rebuild and cleaning i just want to start from scratch
Old 07-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

i have used many setups and right now the car is stripped for rebuild and cleaning i just want to start from scratch
If you're starting from scratch, try the default setup that came with the kit.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hi i was puzzled with the same problem when breaking in a new enigne, clutch would not engage even revved at a pretty high RPM, i have tried pretty much everyhting but problem persisted , i brought my car to a track and have a local expert looked at it. the clutch was properly set and all number looked decent. When i started leaning out, the problem magically improved to a point it was gone. Xray clutch is rather sensitive, so once you start to leaning out your engine then it will work out fine. You numbers look fine, just give it a try hope it helps

Originally Posted by mikedoo3

Old 07-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tag
Hi i was puzzled with the same problem when breaking in a new enigne, clutch would not engage even revved at a pretty high RPM, i have tried pretty much everyhting but problem persisted , i brought my car to a track and have a local expert looked at it. the clutch was properly set and all number looked decent. When i started leaning out, the problem magically improved to a point it was gone. Xray clutch is rather sensitive, so once you start to leaning out your engine then it will work out fine. You numbers look fine, just give it a try hope it helps
How many shims are used for the endplay. Shims located engine mainshaft and collet? Endplay very important on setting the clutch. Engagement of clutch depends on endplay and tension on spring and collar. Spring and collar adjust the engagement of clutch. Typical Centax clutch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.