Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default DM1 Pro

Thanks for the orientation, now Iam wondering since this setup is for the dm1 spec, this mean that the rear shocks are vertical, right, ok in the pro 1/7 both shocks are horizontal. now the question is since the front shock in the spec uses 1000 (diff oil) ( which are horizontal) doesnt the same go for the rear shocks in the pro 1/7 car?( also horizontal)
Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, nice weekend of GT Class racing on my country, i made the TQ and 1st place during the A-Main today

Here is the podium picture, and i think the video of the A-Main will be available soon too :

The car performed great, im using this non-stock equipment :

- GO Engines 7 port .21 engines + GO Engines 0801 pipe
- Ultimate Racing silicones (shocks and diffs)
- VP PRO Air Filter
- VP PRO Aluminum 3 Shoe clutch system + 1.1 VP PRO springs (x3)
- AVID RC bearings all over
- ALPHA RC Performance Tires (medium compound front and rear)

cya next time !,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcial
Thanks for the orientation, now Iam wondering since this setup is for the dm1 spec, this mean that the rear shocks are vertical, right, ok in the pro 1/7 both shocks are horizontal. now the question is since the front shock in the spec uses 1000 (diff oil) ( which are horizontal) doesnt the same go for the rear shocks in the pro 1/7 car?( also horizontal)
The setup information referenced on post #91 is for a DM1 Pro with both front and rear shocks mounted horizontally. It doesn't matter which shock orientation you have, the shock fluid will work in the same manner.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys, this is the video of the A-Main of last sunday :

http://www.vimeo.com/5791875

Hope you like it ... GT Class its starting out here and people really love it,

cya,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 07-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys got it going on,very nice
Old 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Nice driving
Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

just made my own dm-1 spec with a x2 truggy chasis pic coming soon and those pretty gt2 bobies do work
Old 08-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I did the same thing awhile back. I had two extra CRT
chassis and bought a used CR buggie. I used a small
single speed spur gear on the center diff and a very
large geared clutch bell. The kick-up on the front of
the chassis didn't effect the handling any. I just
made a wedge to get the front bumper level. I set
it up for D.O., but it works on great on the pavement also.
I'm changing it over to a Short Course dirt truck as
soon as I get a body and the bumpers set-up. I may
even make a cage for it too. It's a great car to build
and a lot better car than any GT2.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

i have just purchased a dm1 spec rtr from my local shop.............i removed and replaced servos with digital brushless futaba 452's.........added my reciever and a hump pack battery altered switch.....broke in the force 28...............went to my local track and ran car..............best car rite out the box after centering radio end points and adjusting brake,,,,,,,,,car felt easy to drive.............after reading this whole thread i decided to start swapping .......i had a c 5 rb onroad 21 so out came the force i ditched the stock header and pipe for a jp header and 9886 rex pipe which i had from old 8 scale................put the stock clutch on gave car a good plating and set my old tc3 multibox to start it .............this thing is a beast..................i would like to see video of the cars on this thread with the mugen/kyosho centax...........this will be my next mod being i have many 8 scale centax..............what is the tire of choice ..............ipanema slick?

what shores?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default DM1

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
i have just purchased a dm1 spec rtr from my local shop.............i removed and replaced servos with digital brushless futaba 452's.........added my reciever and a hump pack battery altered switch.....broke in the force 28...............went to my local track and ran car..............best car rite out the box after centering radio end points and adjusting brake,,,,,,,,,car felt easy to drive.............after reading this whole thread i decided to start swapping .......i had a c 5 rb onroad 21 so out came the force i ditched the stock header and pipe for a jp header and 9886 rex pipe which i had from old 8 scale................put the stock clutch on gave car a good plating and set my old tc3 multibox to start it .............this thing is a beast..................i would like to see video of the cars on this thread with the mugen/kyosho centax...........this will be my next mod being i have many 8 scale centax..............what is the tire of choice ..............ipanema slick?
I also have the DM1 spec, and wanted to try the Centax clutch. A couple of drivers at the track tried it, and fried the clutch very quickly. These guys are sharp, and know what they are doing, so I was hesitant in trying the clutch in mine. They finally took the clutches back out, reinstalled the factory clutch with different springs, and one aluminum clutch shoe. I run a modified Evo 4 and a 2052 pipe, and my car is simply amazing. Even with the weight of the car, it will keep up with most 10th scale cars. Just not sure a Centax clutch will hold up to the weight of the car, but if someone comes out with one that will work, I would try it in a heartbeat..

what shores?.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

The Twister tires work very well as do the GRP Losi tires. If you opt for the inpenea slicks don't get a hard compound as they will take forever to heat up
Old 08-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

i ordered some ipanema 37 shoe and 40 shore to try my interest is in rubber only ........................thanx
Old 08-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

The two brands I mentioned are rubbers also not foams.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brc358
thanks for info,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
The two brands I mentioned are rubbers also not foams.
the treaded tires that come in the kit work well lots of steering i think the rear of the car needs to be softer to really dial it in i will test and post..........does anyone know if the kyosho ferrari body will work on the dm1

/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.