Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rc Car Action Can Suck A Big Fat One

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rc Car Action Can Suck A Big Fat One

Has anyone noticed that although the mtx-3 has had great succes, rc car action hasnt even mentioned the new car? not only that, but have you noticed that in readers rides, the only cars ever in it are associted, traxxas, and hpi......with the occasional losi..........never is there a mugen

it almost seems like somethin behind the scenes is goin on
Old 02-13-2003, 04:41 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Yeah i stopped bying rcca cause of the million adds and lack of good info,i still get rc nitro sometimes for the dyno tests.For all the guys out there who read mags,maybe you could list your favourites.I heard there were two very popular mags out of england anyone know what there called,also does anyone subscribe to starting grid magazine if so what are your opinions?
Old 02-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Chat Moderator

This has been discussed before. RCCA does have its fault but it is a good magazine. I also agree and noticed that they are a few select car always in the readers rides. Its either a AE gt, rs4 or tmaxx.....or some custom stuff. They also have alot of adds but that is good. Articles are very helping to newbies and veterans alike. If newbies would read RCCA, rc nitro, and these forums, then they wouldnt have to keep asking whats the best car, engine, pipe etc. I really dont think newbies( in general) read enough now a days.

Bottom line is if you dont like it then dont buy it, read it, and talk crap about it.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:21 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

RC Car Action is for the general hobbyist that doesn't race (which is most people), but I can still find useful information in there. The MTX-3 is featured in this months RC Nitro...

My favorite magazine is Extreme RC Cars. They do a good job of covering races that other magazines may not even bother to attend. Plus they have good technical articles on handling and performance. What I don't like is the poor editing. I can't remember ever reading an issue that didn't have an obvious misspelled word or typo.

I get Starting Grid and I love it, but that's because I like to read race reports or anything related to racing. It has subject matter that I can relate to and learn from as an RC racer. It's mostly nitro oriented though.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

The two most popular mags until now in the UK are:

RC Racer - www.rcracer.com

Radio Race Car International - www.traplet.com

Although a new magazine has just been released called RCRacenews.

www.rcracenews.co.uk

This is probably going to be the most popular mag available in the UK.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:35 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Originally posted by modellor
The two most popular mags until now in the UK are:

RC Racer - www.rcracer.com

Radio Race Car International - www.traplet.com

Although a new magazine has just been released called RCRacenews.

www.rcracenews.co.uk

This is probably going to be the most popular mag available in the UK.
That's the pair i was talking about thanks modellor.I especially hear good things about Radio Race Car International,have you read their mags what do you think?

KMW does the extreme mag have a site,also how many pages is sgrid usually i'm thinking about subscribing now that i don't buy rcca?
Old 02-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Cool

SSSHHHEEEEZZZZZZ.....have you ever heard of "never believe in what you read!!"

Old 02-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I only buy out of date RCCA mags at my LHS for .50 cents. Some stuff in there is pretty useful, but there is alot of worthless crap in there too. There was an 1/8 buggy issue a while back that helped me alot. Theres some good writers, but theres alot of needless junk thrown in there too.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:46 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Originally posted by PUNISHER
SSSHHHEEEEZZZZZZ.....have you ever heard of "never believe in what you read!!"

The saying i alsways go by is;

Read everything,trust nothing,verify everything.Works for me
Old 02-13-2003, 07:47 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Turbo9000
I only buy out of date RCCA mags at my LHS for .50 cents. Some stuff in there is pretty useful, but there is alot of worthless crap in there too. There was an 1/8 buggy issue a while back that helped me alot. Theres some good writers, but theres alot of needless junk thrown in there too.
Did you say .50c,where is this shop and why so cheap??
Old 02-13-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JUN
Did you say .50c,where is this shop and why so cheap??
Its called Texas R/C in plano tx. (its not awsome) These are the issues no one bought...instead of thowing them out they put them in a cardboard box, in the back marked .50 cents, The covers are all ripped off. but its worth it. Most are a couple mo. old, some in that box date back to the early 90s..
Old 02-13-2003, 08:22 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I have my complaints about RCCA as well, but the magazine is really geared at a different segment of the R/C hobby. You have to take that into consideration when buying it. I've been a subscriber since the early 90s, and I still get useful stuff out of it. It is a good place to gauge market trends and whatnot.

Regardless, the title of this thread is not particular appropriate, so I'm going to close it. In the future, complaining is fine, but it needs to be done in a tasteful manner.

Thanks.