Community
Wiki Posts
Search

suggestion on trinity reflexNT

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 08:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

megaracer: keep in mind that Trinity has been doing a running upgrade with their suspension pieces. They are including extra suspension pieces in the kit that are not as brittle but just as stiff as the original stuff.

My kit came with an extra set of front and rear hubs, and my kit wasn't even one of the newest ones around. I've heard of some of the newest kits including extra arms as well.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Reflex kit running changes

Guys;

My first and second Reflex kits ($259usd) came with some extra front and rear knuckles but that is all. The last 2 kits ($229) that I bought did not come with any spares at all.

You're going to need SOME spares no matter what, so just buy the V1R companions if you are conserned about the durability.

All in all, I think that for what you get, the Reflex is a bargain if you like the platform (V1R/Reflex/Vision).

Last edited by popsracer; 01-07-2003 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Darkseid
Yeah, its hard to keep the tracks clean. Around here its all those pieces of broken TC3 and XXX-S cars that liter the track!
Yea, those cars just don't seem to be able to take the 50mph hits that I've been giving them at the end of the straight aways.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

I've been running my Reflex for about 8 months now, every weekend. It's been the toughest, most consistant car on our club track. Got me 2nd in the series even though my driving skills leave alot to be desired. The best thing to happen around here was the introduction of the Nitro TC3, everyone seems to be driving them here, but if you sneeze on them they seem to break! Most Sundays I spend BS'ing between qualifiers while most of the TC3'rs are fixing, adjusting, tweaking, etc, etc. My only suggestion right off the bat is to change to Kyosho steering knuckles. The Reflex knuckles are slotted too big for the pivot balls. Good luck with your new NT!
Old 01-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

and a larger compartment for the reciever
Old 01-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Say whatcha like, I'll be BS'in right along with ya. . .the only thing I check on my NTC3 is my tweak and RH. . .just me being a bit picky. . .and it only takes a few minutes.

Now, if Pops would just quit broadsiding us NTC3 owners, we could beat his a$$!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Reflex kit running changes

Originally posted by popsracer
All in all, I think that for what you get, the Reflex is a bargain if you like the platform (V1R/Reflex/Vision).
Where did you find the Reflex for $229?

The Vision is the same as the V1R/Reflex?
Old 02-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default suggestion on trinity reflexNT

performula;

They were on special sale at the Hobby People stores in CA/NV, around Thanksgiving.

I thought that they (the Vision) looked very similar in basic platform just like the the Reflex is to the V1R, but I could be wrong.

This past Saturday, I ran some of the fastest laps ever (by anyone) at our local parking lot track with my Reflex. I won by over 2 laps.

I would really recommend installing the Front Sway-bar kit. I like the way the handles since I put one on mine. No perseptable loss of steering (high or low speed) and the car is more stable without resorting to extra heavy shock oils.

Boomer;

Sorry about that buddy, It's just my car is moving sooo fast and well the other cars are moving so.... (just kidding) Maybe if I kept my eyes open the whole time

Last edited by popsracer; 02-09-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by megaracer
thank u guys so much!
well, it is really har for me now to make the dicision

nt:many alum & graphic hopups(i donot ever know if they r nessasery~), 4mm main chassis.....but fragile plastic parts(compare with v1rr) and a little bit more expensive~~

v1rr:more durable,come with centax,front oneway,lower price,but less hopups

The thing to remember with the Reflex non team kit is that the upgrades that you get with the car are really in the main not so useful for performance. The low CG tank is the best and most useful hopup. All the really useful stuff comes in the Team Only kit.

The V1RR has less beauty but more brawn for a similar price. The swaybars, centax clutch, newer graphite infused pulleys and fibre belts, wide rear end and oneway are in my opinion far more useful than the graphite deck, alloy pulleys etc. If you buy the Reflex non team then you will likely buy these upgrades at great cost ($90 for the centax alone) later on.

Just my opinion.

The Vision is NOT interchangable in any way with the Reflex or Kyosho, but has a similar layout.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

My Kyosho which is an older car (18 months old) did pretty well on the weekend:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...488#post274488

My name is Alan Bevan............ Just missed the track record

Old 02-09-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default AMGRacer;

The MAIN reason that I ran out and bought a Reflex was, I had finally had it with the ill manners of the HPI car that I was running that day.
The V1R was also considered, but at the time the Reflex (in the USA) was $250-$260 and the V1R was $30-$40 more. I also liked the stiffness that the Graphite parts offered and I thought the Reflex was a little better looking (personnal preference). Other than the occasional sudden loss of a belt or pulley ring, the car has been great.

newer graphite infused pulleys

You wouldn't have any part numbers would you? PLEASE !

Thank you,

Last edited by popsracer; 02-09-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: AMGRacer;

Originally posted by popsracer
The MAIN reason that I ran out and bought a Reflex was, I had finally had it with the ill manners of the HPI car that I was running that day.
The V1R was also considered, but at the time the Reflex (in the USA) was $250-$260 and the V1R was $30-$40 more. I also liked the stiffness that the Graphite parts offered and I thought the Reflex was a little better looking (personnal preference). Other than the occasional sudden loss of a belt or pulley ring, the car has been great.

You wouldn't have any part numbers would you? PLEASE !

Thank you,
I think the Reflex is a fine car for sure, I just think dollar for dollar the V1RR offers better performance options is all. My opinion only.

The pulley set is VZ008B. The original is VZ008. Believe it or not these pulleys and the SP belts MASSIVELY frees up the drivetrain. I had a roll off against the supposedly super free NTC3 down my driveway and apart from my car hestitating off the line unlike the NTC3 it accelerated and reached the same top speed due to gravity.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Fiber reinforced pulleys

AMGRacer;

Thanks,

I've always liked the reliability of plastic pulleys over Aluminum. If someone could make them 1 piece then they might be better.

What I really like about a Graphite upper deck on ANY car is the car is MUCH less suceptable to tweeking after a mishap than with a plasitic upper deck. I really noticed the difference back when I installed the Graphite deck on my HPI car.

Thanks for the info on the pulleys.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SP belts? SP?
Old 02-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 175 (100%+)
Default Centax Clutch or "Push type clutch" setup

Heya,

Was wondering if anybody here is using the centax clutch on the RFX? I just recently aquired a Reflex setup with a centax clutch installed.. I've looked through the car's manual and did not see any information regarding centax clutch adjustments..

If someone could explain how the clutch is adjusted, or where I can find more ifno about the Centax setup.. it would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.