Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wingracer

Crosstalk issue with throttle.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 12:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Crosstalk issue with throttle.

Hey guys help needed. I broke something unrelated on my Team Associated ntc3 last fall and just got back around to fixing it. and when I took it out, it started fine but I realized it would randomly throttle uncontrollably. After I shut it off, I took a closer look at it and when ever I slightly or fully steered, the throttle would twitch, enough to make it rev uncontrollably. I did a little testing and if the steering is disconnected from the esc, then it doesn't crosstalk, and if I move the front wheels directly (not with the transmitter) it does twitch so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is, any ideas? thank you!
Old 02-24-2024, 08:01 PM
Bud
Tech Master

Does it still rev up if you substitute another servo in place of the steering servo?
Old 02-24-2024, 09:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First thing to do is take the receiver apart and spray off the board real good. Fuel in the rec can do this.
davidl likes this.
Old 02-25-2024, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

buy a new receiver.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Clean everything and add a glitch capacitor to the receiver, but first check your antenna for signs of wear or breakage...
Old 02-26-2024, 11:15 PM
Tech Lord

Is it a 27/40/75MHz crystal transmitter? If so probably one of the crystals has become bad. Then it is wise to purchase a simple GT2/GT3 transmitter.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:30 PM
Bud
Tech Master

I've never seen a crystal go bad selectively. They just stop the connection between the receiver and transmitter. He still needs a new radio if he's still using crystals. It's either the servo or receiver. shouldn't bee too hard to figure out.
Old 02-27-2024, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

find a good electronics cleaner take apart receiver .clean ir off then spray a few coats of wd 40 on it. Id also check the steering servo.

a nitro does not have a esc its servo controlled throttle
also check battery
Old 02-28-2024, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Your steering servo is backfeeding voltage into the receiver. Install a new steering servo and the problem should be corrected.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bud
I've never seen a crystal go bad selectively. They just stop the connection between the receiver and transmitter. He still needs a new radio if he's still using crystals. It's either the servo or receiver. shouldn't bee too hard to figure out.
If the TX batteries are AA alkaline, then make sure you sand the tips of the batteries so they won't slide against one another, causing glitches....
Old 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Bud
Tech Master

Well, he said the throttle problem goes away when he removes the steering servo from the equation. So would that fix a bad battery connection in the tx? I think it wouldn't. He's probably got it fixed an is out playing with it by now.