Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho V-One R4SP

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 02:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roelof
No, these are no counterfeit engines, they are original Novarossi but made from old stock and left over parts.
Thanks for clarifying, should've refreshed before posting. I'll likely pick one up in case I ever decide to build a 1/10 IC car, doesn't look like there will be many budget options in the future.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:18 AM
Tech Initiate

From the picture and the info in the text it's an Novarossi Plus 12-3 engine. Have the same piston and sleeve as Flash, Keep-on, Mito and Mephisto. Later models had other timings on the ports. 8677, /10, /11, /16 and /18.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:12 AM
Tech Lord

Again, that the head looks like a Plus 12-3 engine will not say it is one. I have seen several Frankenstein enines from Novarossi, a popular one was the 21PT, it had the head of an RB engine, the crankcase of a Virtus and a P/S set from a 35+ . To make it fit they made a 2nd slot in the sleeve with which the sleeve is centered.
A same engine with a black head in a Mito design was the Flash 2019, also a Frankenstein engine which by timings was far off from the original Flash models.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

It could be an Ison with the differrent cooling head. I just got one Ison 12 and inside it had the balance crankshaft that you could find in Gimar engine.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for all of your valuable insight and experience, guys/gals. Really appreciate it.

I think, for me and what the intended use is, I will go with the Novarossi 12 with the tuned pipe.