Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The 710 arms have the same wheel base, but track width is narrower, easy fixed by winding out the pillow ball. The lower shock mounting position is also about 2 to 3mm closer to the car centre. Handy to keep some 710 arms as a fine tuning option.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Someone asked a question about camber rise a page or so back. I am not too sure about the correct answer but I think it would be useful to have more camber rise on a slippery bumpy track or if you are looking for more rear grip on mid corner to exit. Please someone who knows for sure feel free to correct or expand.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

i wana share this set-up tips I got from the net. see attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
touringcarsetupguide.pdf (33.1 KB, 487 views)
Old 08-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

hi, would somebody please post a picture of how they were able to use the VXR Lipo batts with the 720 might as well see how you guys do it before i cut anything with the 720 receiver battery holder
Old 08-03-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by buboy28
hi, would somebody please post a picture of how they were able to use the VXR Lipo batts with the 720 might as well see how you guys do it before i cut anything with the 720 receiver battery holder
You can see in this picture how I did the instalation I have in the 720 a 1,oo VXR LiPo, you have to cut the size of the battery holder, you will not be able to install the holder from behain of the chassis, only from the top, but that is no sacrfice for what you get, the Voltage Regulator yoy have to install it on the size of the car with a plstic holder.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=156154

In 3hobby their is a very good article
http://3hobby.net/modules.php?name=C...howpage&pid=61

RCPANAMA
Old 08-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by buboy28
This is the same picture I included before but you could see better the way is mounted, I also put in from of the battery a piece of foam 8Marine Foam) so the battery will be tide when is install in the chassis. The battery and the foam has booth a piece of double size tape to help the battery been always in the same place.

Hope this will help

RCPANAMA
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Doc63.doc (131.5 KB, 426 views)
Old 08-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Diff/One way position

What is the difference in handling when you set the front diff/one way on the high or low position? Same for the rear diff...
Old 08-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ejcabal
What is the difference in handling when you set the front diff/one way on the high or low position? Same for the rear diff...
If you mean what will happen if you install the excenters the other way round?
In the front you will get problems with the diff rubbing the servo saver.
In the rear it is installed in the lowest position, which is best for CG. I'd see no gain in bringing it up....
Old 08-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcpanama
You can see in this picture how I did the instalation I have in the 720 a 1,oo VXR LiPo, you have to cut the size of the battery holder, you will not be able to install the holder from behain of the chassis, only from the top, but that is no sacrfice for what you get, the Voltage Regulator yoy have to install it on the size of the car with a plstic holder.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=156154

In 3hobby their is a very good article
http://3hobby.net/modules.php?name=C...howpage&pid=61

RCPANAMA
Where did you install the servo regulator ? On the left side between the fuel tank and the side belt ?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Xyvern
Where did you install the servo regulator ? On the left side between the fuel tank and the side belt ?

Correct
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Doc169.doc (186.5 KB, 229 views)
Old 08-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by soc123_au
Someone asked a question about camber rise a page or so back. I am not too sure about the correct answer but I think it would be useful to have more camber rise on a slippery bumpy track or if you are looking for more rear grip on mid corner to exit. Please someone who knows for sure feel free to correct or expand.
Thanks... appreciate the clarification.

But guys, I am still having the same problem. The ass is loose. Eveytime I come onto the power mid corner and corner exit, and if i come on too quickly, the ass comes out. Rear RC is at the lowest, springs are red, rear downstop is set to 5, camber is 3 with camber rise is 5.

Not sure what i am doing wrong here

Acid
Old 08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Julius
If you mean what will happen if you install the excenters the other way round?
In the front you will get problems with the diff rubbing the servo saver.
In the rear it is installed in the lowest position, which is best for CG. I'd see no gain in bringing it up....
No. The excenters have a thick part and a thin part that depending on which side you put the excenter on, will make the diff sit in a higher or lower position. It shouldn't move the diff forward or backward, only up or down. For example, if you get traction roll, should you raise the front?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

I think the opposite is true (at least from tyre-wear viewpoint), because on very slipery track you can go with less camber and have a rear tyre worn slightly conical to iniside. On really high grip tracks with fast sweepers usually you should adjust a lot of static camber and the rear outer tyre still has smaller outer diameter (conical to outside). In this case adjusting more camber-gain (shorter link) is very useful.
Originally Posted by soc123_au
Old 08-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ejcabal
No. The excenters have a thick part and a thin part that depending on which side you put the excenter on, will make the diff sit in a higher or lower position. It shouldn't move the diff forward or backward, only up or down. For example, if you get traction roll, should you raise the front?
With other way round I meant changing left and right, causing what you suggested. The front is already "Up". and the rear "down". They need to be installed that way to create clearance to the other parts.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gergely
I think the opposite is true (at least from tyre-wear viewpoint), because on very slipery track you can go with less camber and have a rear tyre worn slightly conical to iniside. On really high grip tracks with fast sweepers usually you should adjust a lot of static camber and the rear outer tyre still has smaller outer diameter (conical to outside). In this case adjusting more camber-gain (shorter link) is very useful.
If you have big problems getting the tires to wear correctly it is more often a problem with too soft rims or excessive slop in the suspension.
Although it is true in higher grip you will need more static camber.

If the short link works is something to test at your track, as it can change from track to track. In general, expect more steering, and at some tracks better tractin out of corners (especially hairpins).

But it can make the car unpredictable and unstable under braking.

It's an easy change though. I have two sets of arms and leave the inner screw in place when I switch to the outer position. That way the change is a two minute job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.