Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 710baby
In the instruction manual it will ask you to unassemble the shock you will see a foam insert on the inside connected to the shaft disassemble the unit. I used a manifold spring tool to take off the foam. place 35 wt oil in a cap & place the foams & prime out the air you will see a lot of bubbles & let it sit for 5 minutes & reprime no more air reassemble them back & follow the bleeding system for your shocks. I used a pen cap to get them back on a little messy but if you do it right you shall get the shocks to rebound real good.
Still not clear to me how to remove the foam insert. I need to replace one of those because one of the foam inserts is longer compare to the rest of them and no matter what I do, I just can't tighten the shock.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by eduardo_garcia
but only 750 mah?
charge them properly & you'll be fine for an "hour" long main....

call them if you "doubt" it, the Pros @ ProMatch or any major Battery Company will tell you the same...

High Quality NiMh cells which are rated @ 750maH are very different than those "so called" brands that have "unmarked" receiver packs rated @ 750, 850 or even 1000+maH.......

you can't compare apples to oranges......

everybody has their own preference on "everything".....that's what makes this hobby so fun....
Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xyvern
Still not clear to me how to remove the foam insert. I need to replace one of those because one of the foam inserts is longer compare to the rest of them and no matter what I do, I just can't tighten the shock.
It's sorta like a tight rubber band you need to get under it & gently pull it off
Old 07-29-2006, 02:38 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2 Speed Setup

I set my 2 speed as per the instructions but I have not had the car on the track yet. Just holding the car and reving the engine I can't hear or feel the clutch engaging despite going in and out on the adjustment screws.

Whilst it will be not be the same setting for every track how many turns from from all the way down should I start with. I have adjusted the clutch gap screws as per the instructions.

I'm thinking once I have some load on the car I will be able to adjust it to my liking but i'm just after a good starting point.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Sometimes if it goes into second immediately you can not tell. When you rev it, at the same time look from the side. You will be able to see the shoes opening. When you do this make sure to rev it slowly. If you see the shoes hit the housing immediately then make it tighter. If you see the shoes do not move then they are too tight. This should help you at least see which way to go.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B4
I set my 2 speed as per the instructions but I have not had the car on the track yet. Just holding the car and reving the engine I can't hear or feel the clutch engaging despite going in and out on the adjustment screws.

Whilst it will be not be the same setting for every track how many turns from from all the way down should I start with. I have adjusted the clutch gap screws as per the instructions.

I'm thinking once I have some load on the car I will be able to adjust it to my liking but i'm just after a good starting point.
I have teh same, but I can see that the shoes are opening, but I don't feel when it hits. I have an MF installed. A hear a change in sound but can't feel when it hits???
Old 07-30-2006, 07:32 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
I have teh same, but I can see that the shoes are opening, but I don't feel when it hits. I have an MF installed. A hear a change in sound but can't feel when it hits???
I can't even see the shoes opening despite changing the tension both ways. Maybe i'm just blind
Old 07-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

just bring your car to my house, or the shop, ill take a look at it for you carl. i dont see how one of your foam inserts is longer...

but ill take a look at it. swing by the shop tomorrow, well be open and waiting.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

guys, how do you install your e-clips with the middle shafts? i cant seem to install it since there is no gap or groove with the shafts and the e-clips just wont hold or maybe i'm just doing it the wrong way. another thing is one of my RCC shocks wont close or lock or tighten.i keep on turning it but the darn thing wont tighten
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by buboy28
guys, how do you install your e-clips with the middle shafts? i cant seem to install it since there is no gap or groove with the shafts and the e-clips just wont hold or maybe i'm just doing it the wrong way. another thing is one of my RCC shocks wont close or lock or tighten.i keep on turning it but the darn thing wont tighten
The only e-clip on a shaft is on the main shaft to hold the first gear spur on. Other than that all the pulleys are mounted to their pully holder with an e-clip and than the pulley holder is slid over that shaft and locked in place with a grub screw.

With the shocks just re read your instructions and make sure the pre assembled parts are fitted correctly and they should go together better than any other shock on the market. Be sure to massage plenty of oil into the membranes before fitting together.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B4
The only e-clip on a shaft is on the main shaft to hold the first gear spur on. Other than that all the pulleys are mounted to their pully holder with an e-clip and than the pulley holder is slid over that shaft and locked in place with a grub screw.

With the shocks just re read your instructions and make sure the pre assembled parts are fitted correctly and they should go together better than any other shock on the market. Be sure to massage plenty of oil into the membranes before fitting together.
the middle shaft have 2 e-clips one is near the 22T pulley and the other one is between the bearing and the 19T pulley, this 2 e-clips that i cant install i might have to re read the manual again, no problem with the main shaft already done it.

will follow your advise regarding the shocks, thank you very much
Old 07-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

i ran the car for the first time last friday night. Car handles very decent for stock set-up. Can't wait for next friday

The car handles much like my former mtx4, in stock form. However, the 720 is much easier to work on, in general. Tire wear is great! We're blessed with great design in the gearing department No more 2.5mm tire split 2-speed shifting is so smooth. I could hardly hear the shifting. Had to have my bro check the shifting point. Hate the dog bone up front though. Time to get front CVD's; rear not an issue.

I have to give serpent kudos with some new trick designs: the diff having ball bearing loaded on the outdrives, true easy access to front diff/one-way, new clutch system, shock design, rear sway bar design & more

I guess all I can say is, I'm very happy with switching to the snake
Old 07-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
just bring your car to my house, or the shop, ill take a look at it for you carl. i dont see how one of your foam inserts is longer...

but ill take a look at it. swing by the shop tomorrow, well be open and waiting.
One of the shock definitely has a problem, it just wont tighten. I don't think it's the problem with the foam insert. I will stop by the store next week when I have time or I will see u at Rev. next Saturday for sure.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:40 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by buboy28
the middle shaft have 2 e-clips one is near the 22T pulley and the other one is between the bearing and the 19T pulley, this 2 e-clips that i cant install i might have to re read the manual again, no problem with the main shaft already done it.

will follow your advise regarding the shocks, thank you very much
I just checked the manual again in case my memory was incorrect.

Step 2.12 The sections within the blue dashed line go together and then they attach to the shaft.

Step 3.2 is exactly the same.

The pulleys are attached to their holder by an E-Clip and then the holder goes over the shaft.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

One of the shock definitely has a problem, it just wont tighten. I don't think it's the problem with the foam insert. I will stop by the store next week when I have time or I will see u at Rev. next Saturday for sure.
i had that problem too. in my case, the shock cover was stripped. I noticed that when i had to open it to put oil - the threads are stripped. Whoever built one of my shocks may have stripped it. Check that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.