Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by X1 Hybrid T1
I run the 16 quite often, and have never had gear trouble. I have used it on my 710 & 720 with no problem. Winners Circle (gasrccar.com) usually has them in stock.

Dave
visited the site and the steel ones they have i believe aren't for centax III, it has the groove at the inner diameter of the gear, and has no extended material with the outer groove.

i was hoping to find this : http://www.serpent.com/product/802512

its from serpent website, but do they still make them?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
visited the site and the steel ones they have i believe aren't for centax III, it has the groove at the inner diameter of the gear, and has no extended material with the outer groove.

i was hoping to find this : http://www.serpent.com/product/802512

its from serpent website, but do they still make them?
Here you go.

http://ashfordhobby.com/detail.aspx?ID=3253
Old 07-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
reason for wanting a 16T steel is the wear of the pinion. spur is kinda eating it faster than i thought it would (weird, plastic chewing alum. - ). maybe its my mesh but its the best i could do.
i know its kinda normal - the pinion wear, and steel even gives me a disadvantage coz it will have more rotational mass due to steel weight than alum. but for weekend runs, i think the steel will be more of an advantage to me

hey edgar, you've got pm...
If you want to get the maximum out of your alu gears you have to remesh them after a couple of runs.
I usualy put new gears on my centax befor racing weekends and after
practice and qwali i remesh them before final this works for me every time.

And as rangulo said the clutch is the key for good engine performance
Old 07-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rangulo
This is not the correct reason why we do not use the 16t. The pitch of the 16t is wrong and will burn up the spurs. If you want to put a new 16t every run then it will be o.k..... We only run the 17,18 1st and the 22,23 in 2nd..

Rafael
Rafael will you be at the great lakes race ?

Brandon
Old 07-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

I arrive with Paolo and Gianni on tuesday night... Looking foward to some high bite racing I think!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

the tuning booklet that comes with the kit shows and explains how to remedy a tweak in the car. will using the method in the booklet get the same result as when you correct the tweak of a car using a set-up system such as hudy or integy?
just want to get your inputs?
Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If i lowered the front roll center, will it remedy my understeer exiting? Im having slight push exiting a corner. Otherwise the car run perfectly.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by typer
If i lowered the front roll center, will it remedy my understeer exiting? Im having slight push exiting a corner. Otherwise the car run perfectly.
No... Start with the stock setup and then if you're still having problems 1. I would try and take out some of your rear toe. 2. What front spring are you using??? Red or Blue??? If blue, then go with the red... 3. What tire shore are you using up front??? If 42... Then try 40... 4. and one good hop up is the adjustable front ackerman... Keep your front roll center stock for now... but your rear roll center setting, you can go up one from the stock setting as well... Those would be the area's to look at and check...

RC_Alan
Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

When you lower the pins that does not help on power push. You could try just going heavier in the rear diff oil by 20,000. If everything else is good, this will help on power steering.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_alan
No... Start with the stock setup and then if you're still having problems 1. I would try and take out some of your rear toe. 2. What front spring are you using??? Red or Blue??? If blue, then go with the red... 3. What tire shore are you using up front??? If 42... Then try 40... 4. and one good hop up is the adjustable front ackerman... Keep your front roll center stock for now... but your rear roll center setting, you can go up one from the stock setting as well... Those would be the area's to look at and check...

RC_Alan
Im using white springs up front, yellow at the back. 38 shore front, 40 rear.my rear toe is 1.5 deg. also im using 30k rear diff oil. front one way
Old 08-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Im using white springs up front, yellow at the back. 38 shore front, 40 rear.my rear toe is 1.5 deg. also im using 30k rear diff oil. front one way
Like DJ said, increase rear diff viscosity.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check and make sure the 30k rear diff oil is still full and at the proper level... Make sure your rear diff is good and sealed too. 30k should be ok for the rear when traction is up... I know that the yellow springs are 1.6 rating, not sure about the white springs... If you're running super stiff up front, then drop down the next softer front spring... Try the blue and then the red spring up front and see what happens... It appears that you have to much rear traction and not enough front traction... 02 Let us know how things turn out...

RC_Alan
Old 08-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

The white springs are very soft, softer than yellow. Not too many even use white springs.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
The white springs are very soft, softer than yellow. Not too many even use white springs.
Good Post... and thanks for the info dj... Another thing to think about is if there is another 720 driver, ask him if he is having the same problem... If his car is not pushing and is hook'd up... You should then ask him how is his car setup... There could be 1 thing or 3-4 things that may need to be changed on your setup. With out seeing and driving your car is hard to pin-point the problem on line... There are alot of good tips posted here and I'm sure with alittle fine tuning, your car will be straighten out...

RC_Alan
Old 08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc_alan
Check and make sure the 30k rear diff oil is still full and at the proper level... Make sure your rear diff is good and sealed too. 30k should be ok for the rear when traction is up... I know that the yellow springs are 1.6 rating, not sure about the white springs... If you're running super stiff up front, then drop down the next softer front spring... Try the blue and then the red spring up front and see what happens... It appears that you have to much rear traction and not enough front traction... 02 Let us know how things turn out...

RC_Alan
Thanks bro. This is my 2nd serpent. my first was the impulse. and eversince im running mugen. 720 is a great car. my pace was faster compared to my mtx4.just my 2nd time at the track. about 20 tanks in all. Dj thanks for the info. try to make some adjustments. give you guys fee back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.