Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree98Likes

Serpent SRX8-GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last edited by El Nitro; 04-04-2022 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Old 05-25-2022, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

What’s the wheelbase on this car? For some reason Serpents website isn’t showing the specs
Old 05-30-2022, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gassanova
325mm from centre of front to centre of rear wheel hexes.
thanks
Old 06-01-2022, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

SRX8-GT-TQ Manual incorrect?

If you build the two speed as per the manual. The two speed adjust screws do not line up with the ANGLED holes in the bell 903729. So I cannot adjust the two speed.

Options are to drill out angled holes to the correct (opposite angle so they will be slightly larger, or flip over the two centrifugal shoes opposite to the manual.
I'm guessing the shoes should spin in a certain direction, although flipping them over looks looks OK with the direction they will be spinning..

Anyone come across this yet? This is the GT-TQ version.

The green arrows show the angle the 2mm Hex driver can be used. You cannot use the hex the other angle (Unless the hole is drilled bigger)

Last edited by El Nitro; 06-03-2022 at 04:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by El Nitro
SRX8-GT-TQ Manual incorrect?

If you build the two speed as per the manual. The two speed adjust screws do not line up with the ANGLED holes in the bell 903729. So I cannot adjust the two speed.

Options are to drill out angled holes to the correct (opposite angle so they will be slightly larger, or flip over the two centrifugal shoes opposite to the manual.
I'm guessing the shoes should spin in a certain direction, although flipping them over looks looks OK with the direction they will be spinning..

Anyone come across this yet? This is the GT-TQ version.

The green arrows show the angle the 2mm Hex driver can be used. You cannot use the hex the other angle (Unless the hole is drilled bigger)

if you can’t adjust it from the hole then it is in the wrong direction.it happen to me when i was installing it the first time…

if it is installed the wrong way it will still work but it will feel a bit funny….and u can’t adjust it..

flip it around to the right direction where you can adjust from the hole will be right there…
El Nitro likes this.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skydark_34
if you can’t adjust it from the hole then it is in the wrong direction.it happen to me when i was installing it the first time…

if it is installed the wrong way it will still work but it will feel a bit funny….and u can’t adjust it..

flip it around to the right direction where you can adjust from the hole will be right there…
Thanks for the reply.

I have built the two speed as per the manual, then drilled out the bell so it can be adjusted. I assume the manual is correct and the holes in the bell are drilled at the wrong angle.

I looked at the SRX8 GT V1 manual, and its built the same as the V2 manual. So built it the same way.

Hope its correct.

Our track has been closed due to an event this week, and bad weather the week before, so haven't had a chance to try it.
Just hope it spins in the correct direction to work correctly.
Otherwise I will have to build it opposite to the manual.

Cheers.

Here's the V1 manual. Built the same as the V2 TQ.

V2 TQ 2 speed

Last edited by El Nitro; 06-11-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply.

I have built the two speed as per the manual, then drilled out the bell so it can be adjusted. I assume the manual is correct and the holes in the bell are drilled at the wrong angle.

I looked at the SRX8 GT V1 manual, and its built the same as the V2 manual. So built it the same way.

Hope its correct.

Our track has been closed due to an event this week, and bad weather the week before, so haven't had a chance to try it.
Just hope it spins in the correct direction to work correctly.
Otherwise I will have to build it opposite to the manual.

Cheers.

Here's the V1 manual. Built the same as the V2 TQ.

V2 TQ 2 speed

i have a friend using V1 car…follow the manual and can’t adjust the shoe…
there is a gt facebook page for the srx8…
look for a video…think its posted by Marcus W on the tutorial of the 2 speed… can’t remember if its tutorial or maintenance but…follow that video you are good…
To clarify my doubts on the installation…watch closely on the video and you can notice when he hold the assembly how the orientation of the shoe look like…i follow that video…
no issues on the two speed since then…
nice and sweet…
El Nitro likes this.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skydark_34
i have a friend using V1 car…follow the manual and can’t adjust the shoe…
there is a gt facebook page for the srx8…
look for a video…think its posted by Marcus W on the tutorial of the 2 speed… can’t remember if its tutorial or maintenance but…follow that video you are good…
To clarify my doubts on the installation…watch closely on the video and you can notice when he hold the assembly how the orientation of the shoe look like…i follow that video…
no issues on the two speed since then…
nice and sweet…
Thanks for the information.

I had found that facebook page, but not the video by Marcus W.
I could see the clutch shoes on his 2 speed were installed opposite to the manual.

So I built the 2 speed as per the manual, then reversed the shoes as I couldn't adjust the 2 speed, then before trying it at the track, changed it back to the manual (Surely the Serpent manual was correct!, and I wasn't sure how the clutch would behave with the shoes reversed), Then watched the video from Marcus, and realised his was built opposite to the manual, so changed it again.

They should add a new page to new kits with the correct instructions.

Appreciate your reply.

Finally got a test run at the track today to test and adjust.

Cheers.

Last edited by El Nitro; 06-16-2022 at 05:42 AM.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Interested in getting my first 1/8th on road car.

What would be the drawbacks of using a buggy engine in the car? I see on road spec engines but they look like the same engine as the off road variation.
Also, how is the car in parking lots? With rubber tires it should have plenty of traction, or is it for dedicated race tracks only?
Thanks
Old 10-27-2022, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wely324
Interested in getting my first 1/8th on road car.

What would be the drawbacks of using a buggy engine in the car? I see on road spec engines but they look like the same engine as the off road variation.
Also, how is the car in parking lots? With rubber tires it should have plenty of traction, or is it for dedicated race tracks only?
Thanks
Buggy engines will work, but GT rules standard are 5 ports max on the engine. Most offroad are 3 port or 7port. The port timing is different on onroad engines, which makes them smoother and have more top end power. Buggy engines are timed for torque, which isn't as necessary for onroad. I run a buggy engine and just gear up slightly. Do not try to run a 9 port onroad engine on a GT car. They are too heavy and lack airflow to keep them cool. I run a buggy engine in mine, just gear up slightly to offset some of the excess torque. They are fun to drive around in parking lots too. I just back droop screws off and raise ride height when playing around with them.
wely324 likes this.

Last edited by MidwestRacer; 10-29-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

It appears the Wheel drive shafts are weak on the SRX8 GT. I have broken three where the shaft joins the universal ball.

Coming from Mugen where the same shafts have done 100 times the work without failing, I think there is an issue, and are a weak point.

Anyone know any other brand / that have stronger shafts that will work without any modifications. Either just replacing the shaft (SRX 600102), or using a complete third party universal?
Old 02-04-2023, 06:08 AM
Tech Initiate

It appears the Wheel drive shafts are weak on the SRX8 GT. I have broken three where the shaft joins the universal ball.

Coming from Mugen where the same shafts have done 100 times the work without failing, I think there is an issue, and are a weak point.

Anyone know any other brand / that have stronger shafts that will work without any modifications. Either just replacing the shaft (SRX 600102), or using a complete third party universal?
https://www.serpent.com/xcart/cart.p...oduct_id=11844
Old 02-10-2023, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great thanks. Will try them.

Looking at the Manuals

The TQ uses SER600102
The Drag racing parts you linked to is SER601285
The GT23 is 601265

Do you know what the difference is between the GT23 SER 601265 and the drag racing SER601285.

Cheers.
Old 02-13-2023, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

The 600102 is the original driveshaft of the SRX8 cars
We updated the driveshafts and wheel axles for the latest new SRX8 cars,the SRX8 GT '23 has the V2 driveshaft 601265 and wheel axles V2 601264 (they use a thicker pin 3x13 instead of the 2.5x13)
The 601285 Driveshaft 98mm Drag Racing (2) uses the normal wheel axles from all previous SRX8 cars only the driveshaft is reinforced.
I hope this clears your questions.
Thanks.

Last edited by Serpent MRC; 02-14-2023 at 01:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.