Search
Like Tree43Likes

X-ray XT8

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Will
So your going to run bladder on one side and emulsion on the other? That going to be interesting Grobe!
hahah... yea.. thats what you SA guys do.. lol.. how you been.. we got a group to possibly come there for the buggy race on the 23rd..
Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
hahah... yea.. thats what you SA guys do.. lol.. how you been.. we got a group to possibly come there for the buggy race on the 23rd..
Dude thats great. I am hoping to be there at Thornhill this weekend for round 2.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

New to the xray xt8 any and all tips and tricks to my new build would be great thanks
Old 02-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lucky777
New to the xray xt8 any and all tips and tricks to my new build would be great thanks
Get the aluminum steering upgrade. More throw and stronger!
Old 04-29-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Will
Dude thats great. I am hoping to be there at Thornhill this weekend for round 2.
hoping to come this weekend for the nitro up.. but only running buggy..
Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If anyone is interested, the new XT8 was released recently, they called it the XT8.2 (probably since the updates are minor):
https://teamxray.com/xt8/2/en/#1

The main change seems to be some updated c-hub parts, and maybe since the knuckle is smaller it'll be a little bit cheaper to upgrade to alloy now if desired.
They also switched to the 18/19 XB8 wing stay design, and in my opinion for what is a downgrade, they switched it to CVDs all round instead of universals. I think the leverage of the large truggy wheels coupled with larger offset hubs benefit from the twin 8x16x5 bearings that go with the universals (rather than one 8x16 + one weaker 13x19 with the CV), but I guess they needed to change something, Hudy/Bayer seem to love switching between unis and CVs every year as an "update".

Great to see a fresh kit anyway, if only to keep parts flowing.

Speaking of, if anyone has a spare set of XT8 shock towers they want to sell, PM me - paypal ready.
Finishing off a slow build of one myself.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The CVDs are a tessmann requested change
Old 05-13-2019, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by uDi_MP7.5
If anyone is interested, the new XT8 was released recently, they called it the XT8.2 (probably since the updates are minor):
https://teamxray.com/xt8/2/en/#1

The main change seems to be some updated c-hub parts, and maybe since the knuckle is smaller it'll be a little bit cheaper to upgrade to alloy now if desired.
They also switched to the 18/19 XB8 wing stay design, and in my opinion for what is a downgrade, they switched it to CVDs all round instead of universals. I think the leverage of the large truggy wheels coupled with larger offset hubs benefit from the twin 8x16x5 bearings that go with the universals (rather than one 8x16 + one weaker 13x19 with the CV), but I guess they needed to change something, Hudy/Bayer seem to love switching between unis and CVs every year as an "update".

Great to see a fresh kit anyway, if only to keep parts flowing.

Speaking of, if anyone has a spare set of XT8 shock towers they want to sell, PM me - paypal ready.
Finishing off a slow build of one myself.
Will Xray come out with new aluminum hubs and blocks. I plan On sticking with kit c hubs so hopefully there not cracking like the others.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mickey_B

Will Xray come out with new aluminum hubs and blocks. I plan On sticking with kit c hubs so hopefully there not cracking like the others.
There is already a option for the aluminium front hubs if you look at the X-ray presentation, not sure about the hubs but would assume they are the same as the previous ones available
Old 05-23-2019, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

New to the Xray brand and just ordered the xt8.2. Where is a good source for starting setup sheets or info. I couldn’t wait for the kyosho truggy to come out since racing season is here and the Xray looks damn good so I choose it. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 05-30-2019, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

the setups should be about the same as the current truck.. ty setup looks pretty good.. i got a setup from my XT8e, that was pretty easy to drive..

XRAY ::: Set-up Sheet - XT8'17
Old 06-04-2019, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys. Can someone measure the xt8 center driveshafts? Center pin to center hole would be super helpful. Looking for an alternative driveshaft for one of my vehicles to keep it going this race season.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ondaedg
Hey guys. Can someone measure the xt8 center driveshafts? Center pin to center hole would be super helpful. Looking for an alternative driveshaft for one of my vehicles to keep it going this race season.
I can measure the centre drive shafts for you if you still have a need to know.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

I should really be discussing how the build is going with a brand new MBX8 T. But availability was an issue here in the UK for a while. Whilst I was waiting, I saw an Xray XT8 17 being sold by a dealer at 50% normal selling price. It had to be worth a punt. My only experience with Xray was with touring cars back in 2006. They were nicely made.

The XT8 was in a reasonably small box, not having a body or wheels in the UK.

All bags were labelled well, individually hand picked with little 'calling cards' in each one. The manual was clear and very high quality.

Parts fit and finish were exceptional - like no other - however, there were a couple of minor issues. The manual should have had an additional sheet regards an error in the instructions to do with the eccentric bushings, because the copy I had was different to the PDF version available on line. The rear centre drive shaft is very close to the rear chassis brace, which needs to be relieved. Front diff housing had a little slop in where the bearings sit. This wasn't a shimming issue - the bearings had fore & aft play.

The rest of the build and the quality of the XT8 is outstanding.

The Proline Enforcer body for the RC8 T fits perfectly.

uDi_MP7.5 and I_NeedBigDrink like this.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Whilst I imagine the focus will be on the new XT9, there's lots I really like about the XT8. I really like the UJ driveshafts, the long-stroke big bore shocks and weight forward chassis.

It's interesting to see how few pages this thread is compared to other Truggies on the forums. I can only assume that people have far less issues with the XT8 thus less need to discuss anything! Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.