Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree43Likes

X-ray XT8

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the older generation Xray aluminum castor blocks fit the XT9 and new gen XT8?
Old 10-22-2021, 05:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sn47som1
Does anyone know if the older generation Xray aluminum castor blocks fit the XT9 and new gen XT8?
Yes, it will fit but you will probably need to use the same generation steering block. Currently, I have the XT8’22 caster/steering assembly on a 2009 front end...way more steering!
sn47som1 likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:20 AM
Tech Rookie

It won't be hard to convert
sn47som1 likes this.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rmpsocal
Yes, it will fit but you will probably need to use the same generation steering block. Currently, I have the XT8’22 caster/steering assembly on a 2009 front end...way more steering!
Thats exactly what I want to do, but I was told from Bryan at rcamerica I would have to change the driveshafts to older ones. Did you have to change the driveshafts/axles? I heard I would have to use older universals or cvds? to fit the new aluminum front end kit on an XT9 front end. Would I have to change the universals and/or bearings? What changes did you have to do to use the new aluminum castor/steering blocks? I'd like to know quite firmly what needs to be done before layin down that much cash!! only to end up with premium paperweights. When I mentioned the older generation aluminum blocks, those were only made for the 808 buggy I think, so I don't think those would fit the truggy. The arm is narrower at the end than the buggy arms.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Flexbox
It won't be hard to convert
How would you know sir? have you done such a thing? what parts are needed? or is it just bolt up and go?
Old 11-18-2021, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

sn47som1, I just re-read your question. It looks like you are trying to install the “old” caster blocks and steering knuckles on your XT9. Correct?

If this is the case, yes, it will bolt right on. You just want to make sure you have the “older” style CVDs. Not the current style where the CVD pin is captured by the large inner bearing.

PM me if you are interested in the “older” style caster blocks, aluminum knuckles, and CVDs. I have a couple of sets.

Rich.

Last edited by Rmpsocal; 11-18-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just picked up a xt8e 22 and was curious what springs you guys would recommend for a hardpacked dusty lose track with large jumps and it gets fairly bumpy.. any help on a shock package would be greatly appreciated.. also wondering on diff oils .
Old 03-30-2023, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wisconsinbasher
Just picked up a xt8e 22 and was curious what springs you guys would recommend for a hardpacked dusty lose track with large jumps and it gets fairly bumpy.. any help on a shock package would be greatly appreciated.. also wondering on diff oils .
off topic, make sure you stock on stering blocks, big weak link of that truggy.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bratan
off topic, make sure you stock on stering blocks, big weak link of that truggy.
it's coming with the aluminum conversion . Hoping this helps. And I actually bought another xt8e 22 that I will be using for parts. since i paid about the same as four new arms for it.
bratan likes this.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rmpsocal
sn47som1, I just re-read your question. It looks like you are trying to install the “old” caster blocks and steering knuckles on your XT9. Correct?

If this is the case, yes, it will bolt right on. You just want to make sure you have the “older” style CVDs. Not the current style where the CVD pin is captured by the large inner bearing.

PM me if you are interested in the “older” style caster blocks, aluminum knuckles, and CVDs. I have a couple of sets.

Rich.
The ones I have are off my xb808/9 buggy. They wont fit the truggies it doesnt appear unless heavy modification is involved. What blocks are you talking about?
Also, can you post a pic of your front end?
Old 06-01-2023, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by wisconsinbasher
use ty's dnc shock package