Search
Like Tree38Likes

Losi 8IGHT Nitro 1/8 4WD RTR Buggy - v.2016/17

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
the brakes do not engage while at idle. Only when I apply the brakes do they go full lock.
You need to turn the top and bottom little blue screws for the front and back out so the brake won't be so tight. Those blue screws is how you adjust wheels when you hit the brakes. If the screw won't go out then lossen the set screw and back out the screw a little. If there's not room then there's also set screw on the other side of those arms you can back out. You should be able to hit the brake and push the buggy with your hand and the buggy should be roll with some friction. So the buggy slows down but doesn't lock up and you can control the buggy.
Evoking1230 likes this.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

I was glad to finally see a review on the losi RTR, though I opted another route and just got the tekno NB48.3, got it a bit cheaper since they just released the new version. I see the value in building a kit now, yet still see the value the RTR has. How is the dynamite motor doing ?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shady3275
I was glad to finally see a review on the losi RTR, though I opted another route and just got the tekno NB48.3, got it a bit cheaper since they just released the new version. I see the value in building a kit now, yet still see the value the RTR has. How is the dynamite motor doing ?
Dynamite motor is pretty stout for a RTR motor. I was still running it rich the 1st time it was on the track just to make sure it was broken in properly.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Had my rtr for about 2 months now and I love it with the exception of the pull start . I want to get into racing and I was told by the shop that this is the best way to start out then move on to kits. I'm ready to start upgrading so I'll start by changing the shock oil and see how it handles. Next I'll get rid of that pull start, I hate it. There's a few more upgrades in the planning, I'll keep you posted and let me know if you have any easy upgrades that'll make this rtr better.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TlrLosi210
Had my rtr for about 2 months now and I love it with the exception of the pull start . I want to get into racing and I was told by the shop that this is the best way to start out then move on to kits. I'm ready to start upgrading so I'll start by changing the shock oil and see how it handles. Next I'll get rid of that pull start, I hate it. There's a few more upgrades in the planning, I'll keep you posted and let me know if you have any easy upgrades that'll make this rtr better.
Agreed, pull start is junk. Its not winding back up like its supposed to

But I rather spend the money on key upgrades first, if it holds up:

3.0 E-Buggy rear shock tower
Titanium Turnbuckles (more so adjustability)
3.0 Aluminum Shocks
Old 04-11-2017, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

3.0 Aluminum Shocks
Do not waste your money on titanium anything! Just get a set of stock 3.0/4.0 buggy camberlinks off of ebay.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maddog9
Do not waste your money on titanium anything! Just get a set of stock 3.0/4.0 buggy camberlinks off of ebay.
advice noted and taken!

I usually forget about eBay. I noticed the 3.0 set is discontinued or hard to find. I'll try the 4.0 instead.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

3.0 Aluminum Shocks

Thanks for the feed back, the pull start ended up busting the spring but I was able to open it up and fix it. I'll wait to change it to a starter box cause I'm saving up to change the engine. The changes that I'm going to make would've been as if i was working on a kit from ground up. I was close to buying a 4.0 this past weekend but instead of dropping that kind of money I'll use that for a engine upgrade. I know this rtr is based on the 3.0 so upgrading it should still make this car a good one.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

3.0 Aluminum Shocks
How about tires, I'm running the stock tires on this clay short course track.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

advice noted and taken!

I usually forget about eBay. I noticed the 3.0 set is discontinued or hard to find. I'll try the 4.0 instead.

Thanks!
8ight buggy 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 camberlinks will all work. The 2.0 links will wear out quick, the 3.0s willl be super tight for the ball assembly.

Originally Posted by TlrLosi210
How about tires, I'm running the stock tires on this clay short course track.
See what your local fast guys are running compound and tire wise and get those exact tires!
Old 04-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maddog9
8ight buggy 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 camberlinks will all work. The 2.0 links will wear out quick, the 3.0s willl be super tight for the ball assembly.

See what your local fast guys are running compound and tire wise and get those exact tires!
So then the 4.0's should be just right lolol.

Agreed about asking the local fast guys at the track, always, always, always. The Losi XBT's are definitely not made for clay tracks. More for light dust/loamy/loose tracks
Old 05-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

So how is the kit hanging in? I was looking at getting one of the truggies for my daughter but am now thinking I may not. I see that TLR really gutted the RTR. The shocks are all plastic and the diffs only have one set of planet pinions, only composite clutch shoes in the kit. One servo, steering is high voltage the throttle is not. The stock shock oil is listed as 70wt lol I wonder how well this will work out in the long run. Plastic body shocks though, really??? Lol

Last edited by dodgeguy; 05-19-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Buggy is holding up just fine!

The shocks have held up just fine, those will be upgraded next though.

The diffs, better than my sons Kyosho diffs thats for sure.

Composite clutch shoes are a little more forgiving for someone just starting out.

Steering servo is ehhhh, throttle is fine really, but those are getting upgraded as well.

You just have to remind yourself, its a RTR and as a RTR, its the most complete one out there in terms of race proven performance. If you go racing with a RTR you know you have to upgrade key parts anyway and I knew this going into it. :-)

Very happy with my RTR buggy.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at the fact it is a rtr and one would want durability. I just question plastic shocks and the diffs as to the real durability. I mean why would TLR lower the cost of these as much as they did? Not selling? Having part breakage issues? The fact they are the 2.0 platform?

At any rate as I look at them they are perfect for my early racers, kids. I don't intend to upgrade them at all. I know the platform well enough to know what is needed to tune the chassis for their needs.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

It sucks they lowered the price on them, especially now since I'm contemplating getting the truggy lol.

This current RTR buggy is based off the 3.0 platform???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.