Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree132Likes

Hotbodies D817 Nitro thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Assuming that the cars and hopefully all of the out of stock parts are sitting in customs or something. It would be nice if someone in the know could post some updates. All that we can go by is Amains date and it shifted by the better part of a month today.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh

used the proline Bulldog I had laying around from my HB of the past

used the M2c chassis for the 815 along with 815 side guards but had to cut off the tabs in the rear of the chassis for the new D block.
Nice and clean. Time get some dirt with that
Neesh likes this.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brian C
Assuming that the cars and hopefully all of the out of stock parts are sitting in customs or something. It would be nice if someone in the know could post some updates. All that we can go by is Amains date and it shifted by the better part of a month today.
I have been running HB for over 4 years now and this is something you have to get used to. Great cars but the support is a bit off.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eastside777
I have been running HB for over 4 years now and this is something you have to get used to. Great cars but the support is a bit off.
I think Amain was over optimistic. When it was first listed, it said "Pre Order late April" then, a week later you could pre order and was "Arriving April 3rd." All up until week before last, Tower Hobbies did not even list it. I emailed them and they stated they had not heard from the distributor, then it showed as a pre order for late April.

I think bad intel on Amain's side as it is the only US company I have seen (Absolute included) that said anything other than late April.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have also been around HB stuff for many years so I'm aware of the delays in the past. With the new ownership we were told that this would not be an issue anymore. Maybe wishful thinking?!
Old 04-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe nothing for than knowingly misstating the date to get some dollazzzz...
Old 04-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh

used the proline Bulldog I had laying around from my HB of the past

used the M2c chassis for the 815 along with 815 side guards but had to cut off the tabs in the rear of the chassis for the new D block.
Nice... Very nice.
Neesh likes this.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

I don't get the people having parts problems? Answerrc has just about everything and if they don't it will usually come in pretty quick. Tower has been getting in new stuff all the time. Google search the part you'll find it. Makes me think it's fanboys of other brands trying to bad mouth HB?
Old 04-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
I don't get the people having parts problems? Answerrc has just about everything and if they don't it will usually come in pretty quick. Tower has been getting in new stuff all the time. Google search the part you'll find it. Makes me think it's fanboys of other brands trying to bad mouth HB?
I am not a fanboy of other cars and I don't mean to 'bad mouth' HB. My sons and I run 3 cars and are very happy with how they drive. There has been a parts support for many years and it was said that this would be resolved with the new ownership. I understand that there are shops that have parts but it gets awfully expensive having to split orders over several shops. The main shops have been out of many critical parts for over a month. I apologize for any negativity that my questions may have brought to this thread, I was hoping that someone in the know, i.e. A team manager or something could shed some light on the situation but it seems that those people either don't know or don't frequent this site.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I can tell you as a team driver the the new owners top priority to get parts support to where it needs to be. With that being said they have released 3 new 1/8 kits this spring so it'll take a little to get all the new parts up to stock as well as kits as demand was higher than they anticipated. Not making any excuses. Just the plain facts. Believe me, they didn't go and spend money to buy a company to follow in the way it was run before. Just a little patience is needed while they catch up. I know it can be frustrating but will be worth it in the long run.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
I can tell you as a team driver the the new owners top priority to get parts support to where it needs to be. With that being said they have released 3 new 1/8 kits this spring so it'll take a little to get all the new parts up to stock as well as kits as demand was higher than they anticipated. Not making any excuses. Just the plain facts. Believe me, they didn't go and spend money to buy a company to follow in the way it was run before. Just a little patience is needed while they catch up. I know it can be frustrating but will be worth it in the long run.
I would not call the D817 a new kit, it's an update. So again not sure why the delay in kits.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
I would not call the D817 a new kit, it's an update. So again not sure why the delay in kits.
Still takes time to assemble the kits for the customers. There's always lag when spinning up for a new configuration.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
There was no delay on kits. First batch was delivered and sold out over a month ago. Second batch set to arrive this week or next
Old 04-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
There was no delay on kits. First batch was delivered and sold out over a month ago. Second batch set to arrive this week or next
No batches in the US yet, however. I know in the UK and others there were, but not the US.

And yes, it is a new "kit." Different chassis I think qualifies for that. You can throw in the rear hubs and axles too, but I think when the chassis changes (since my understanding is it is more centered) makes it a new kit.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Amain has d817 instock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.