Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree105Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Guyon
Anyone knows a LiFe battery that fits the tray?
Yes, you can find some but they will be low in mAh.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey guys I have the tuning kit spindles on my buggy right now with the universals from the tuning kit, however I bent a universal and want to change back to the ones that come with the car that have the boots. Can I not use the aluminum spindles with the stock driveshafts?
Old 08-31-2018, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Hey guys I have the tuning kit spindles on my buggy right now with the universals from the tuning kit, however I bent a universal and want to change back to the ones that come with the car that have the boots. Can I not use the aluminum spindles with the stock driveshafts?
hey what's up. I don't think the stock drive shafts work with the universal alum spindles, I think if you want aluminum spindlews that fit the part is TLR344002. I think that's the ones you need if you want aluminum
token likes this.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jersey

hey what's up. I don't think the stock drive shafts work with the universal alum spindles, I think if you want aluminum spindlews that fit the part is TLR344002. I think that's the ones you need if you want aluminum
jeez that’s disappointing. I have 10+ sets of nip regular stock drive shafts.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GNCC407
No broken arms. I have 2 set of brand new ones I mounted and the pin in the drive cup slot is in the same location.

Also tried new CV shafts, no change. I also tried aluminum hubs, no change. Also new drivecups, no change.
there might be a issue with TLR someone in the truggy form is saying something about the length of driveshafts also.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys I have a few questions, if any of you could help that would be great!

Im thinking of switching to my 3.0 front spindles and carriers because they work with the normal driveshafts and I don’t want to wear out my tuning kit driveshafts and spindles. So I figured going back to my old 3.0 aluminum spindles and regular driveshafts I have a bunch of will be better for practice since I bend them sometimes, is there any difference between the them and the new ones geometry wise? I know from 3.0 to 4.0 they added the spacers to allow the spindle to move up or down but other then that they are the same correct?

Then i I have a question about extending the wing back a little further with the thick spacers i got with th tuning kit wing mount, why would I want to put the wing further back? Is this made for smaller tracks where air flow is less?

Finally a big question is the camber links, I’ve found a lower hole seems to be where all my cars are except my 4.0 which is middle, when would I want to play with that on the tower? I’m a bit confused as to that adjustment and on the rear hub I’ve never played with moving them around.

Thanks for any response.

Last edited by Matt Piva; 09-06-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Hey guys I have a few questions, if any of you could help that would be great!

Im thinking of switching to my 3.0 front spindles and carriers because they work with the normal driveshafts and I don’t want to wear out my tuning kit driveshafts and spindles. So I figured going back to my old 3.0 aluminum spindles and regular driveshafts I have a bunch of will be better for practice since I bend them sometimes, is there any difference between the them and the new ones geometry wise? I know from 3.0 to 4.0 they added the spacers to allow the spindle to move up or down but other then that they are the same correct?

Then i I have a question about extending the wing back a little further with the thick spacers i got with th tuning kit wing mount, why would I want to put the wing further back? Is this made for smaller tracks where air flow is less?

Finally a big question is the camber links, I’ve found a lower hole seems to be where all my cars are except my 4.0 which is middle, when would I want to play with that on the tower? I’m a bit confused as to that adjustment and on the rear hub I’ve never played with moving them around.

Thanks for any response.
Spindles are not the same.
I dont think many TLR drives use Wing Spacers at all. Reno, does something to move his wing even closer. Why would you want to move it back
Camber link - we run between 1 and 2 but you should check out https://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/...28c98b477c0013
This set up book is awsome. Mugen has one as well.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by token
Check the hingepins to make sure they are not bent.

This is mine with full droop....
hey what's up.
So you have LLrc rear. Shaved chassis.
What is your droop?
are you using the newer alum hubs if so which hole are you on the bottom and top
are you using stock cvs shafts or you using rear universal or front universal in rear?

i have a 4.0 Buggy with LLrc in rear shaved chassis and front universals in rear with new alum hubs droop and universal are fine no pop out.

However I have another Buggy I just shaved chassis with stock cv. Regular plastic hubs that look like the his pic like they will pop out
Old 09-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jersey
hey what's up.
So you have LLrc rear. Shaved chassis.
What is your droop?
are you using the newer alum hubs if so which hole are you on the bottom and top
are you using stock cvs shafts or you using rear universal or front universal in rear?

i have a 4.0 Buggy with LLrc in rear shaved chassis and front universals in rear with new alum hubs droop and universal are fine no pop out.

However I have another Buggy I just shaved chassis with stock cv. Regular plastic hubs that look like the his pic like they will pop out
LLRC with shaved tuning chassis,
Droop: 104/114
New Hubs: no
I run both but currently Universals (regular) I haven't had an issue with CVD's either.
Bigv likes this.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone have a set of aluminum rear hubs they would be willing to sell me second hand for my 4.0? The ones online are a little out of my budget. Anyone willing to help a fellow losi guy out? Lol
Old 10-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can I find only the screw?
Dimension or serial no.?

Old 10-19-2018, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artur72
Can I find only the screw?
Dimension or serial no.?

LOSA6255 it is the same same thread as the screw that goes into the shock shafts. i would maybe see if you can find a 1/8 inch long screw or use this one.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is this OK
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...-asc9645/p2790

Old 10-22-2018, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artur72
Yes those will work.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

So, I just picked up a used 3.0 which has a few upgrades.
Generally, it needs some rebuilding with the drive/CV shaft pins, outdrives and cups...
Is it possible to use the 4.0 drive boots on my 3.0?
Or if not, can anyone recommend upgraded drives? Maybe universals? Or is it still better going with the standard dogbones ..?
Thanls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.