Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree105Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default No Discounts on TLR/Horizon Products

I took a break from racing about a year and a half ago but am getting ready to start again soon and would like the scoop about why online discount coupons can't be used in TLR products anymore. I wanted to get a new 4.0 (I already have the new tuning kit), but when I went to order one, I saw that deal about the coupons. Can anyone enlighten me on what's going on? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Officespace
I took a break from racing about a year and a half ago but am getting ready to start again soon and would like the scoop about why online discount coupons can't be used in TLR products anymore. I wanted to get a new 4.0 (I already have the new tuning kit), but when I went to order one, I saw that deal about the coupons. Can anyone enlighten me on what's going on? Thanks in advance!
My guess to help local hobby shops compete with online websites.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cubandiaz
Already running a steel flywheel. Any other ideas or suggestions?
Just practice being smooth on the throttle, you dont have to punch it everytime, throttle isnt on or off. This will benefit you much more in the long run as opposed to just bandaid fixing it will heavy flywheels and soft clutches
Old 08-18-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Missing pinion spacer for front and rear diffs

Good morning, I was building the front diff in my LOSI 8ight 4.0 this morning when I come to find that the pinion spacers are not in the kit. (Part number TLR242019) went through the rear bag and it's not in there as well. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Built a 4.0T for my brother and that spacer was definitely not in the bag you'd expect. Thought I lost it then found it at the end of the build in the option part bag I believe but don't recall exactly.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob20rx7
Good morning, I was building the front diff in my LOSI 8ight 4.0 this morning when I come to find that the pinion spacers are not in the kit. (Part number TLR242019) went through the rear bag and it's not in there as well. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, It's in a bag that doesn't make any sense. It was same way for 4.0 buggy and truggy. Check the next few sets of bags, should be in there.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Few mod questions I have for any experts on the 8 3.0/4.0

I'm looking at upgrading a few things on my losi 8 3.0 closer to a 4.0 and also taking a few mods off for performance gain in flex and over all durability. I'm not sure what works, so this is why I'm posting it in the 4.0 thread hoping any of you drivers that made the jump can give me some feedback and information..

Mod parts I want to add and need advice if used by you.From most important to just an interest in trying, here they are.

Shocks
There are a few brands with after market pistons, some are aluminum (fioroni T. A. P.) some plastic (vrp gamechangers, competition suspension red and blue pistons) (Flashpoint brass pistons also) , what has been a good product in the losi shocks so far? I'm very interested in upgrading my 3.0 shocks.. I believe caps changed, I don't see caps changing much?

Mods
The new brakes and rotors, will they fit my 3.0 and are they much better?

The radio tray stiffener that attaches to the center diff is a must? Can it work with the aluminum center diff (bulkheads)? And also is the aluminum tri horn able to use the stiffener attachment to the center diff? I'm really interested in the tri horn if it's better.

I have aluminum spindles but plastic carriers, is this better for flex? I think only the spindles broke at the turnbuckle attachment correct?

Losi made new aluminum servo saver bellcranks TLR341007 will this eliminate some steering slop? Does this part add unnecessary rigid feeling to buggy?

Fioroni makes light weight aluminum diff cases, at a small increase on oil does it make a difference? I'm really interested in this upgrade..

The overdrive gears for front diff?

Flex
The rear uprights (hubs) I'm thinking of going back to plastic, who's with me on feeling the aluminum are a little rigid?

The aluminum center diff mount, it was really expensive but I notice the bottom brake cam catches, and I have a lot of high velocity wobble on the box coming from the center diff, maybe to much brake gap but I really think it's from brake cams or in general the wobble I can feel with my finger when rocking it from the cups, is it normal to have a little slop or should the diff be solid when bolted up? I'm thinking of going to stock simply because I notice an increase in clutch bearing failure and a big increase in my clutch bell getting notchy and worn out faster, maybe from the added rigitidity from the aluminum center diff mount makes on throttle chew up the gears.

The new 4.0 has upgraded universals like a kyosho, are the better in the front then the old style 2.0 universals? Right now I have dog bones everywhere exept the front but don't no if the new ones for the 4.0 will work??

These are alot of questions, I plan on posting in 3.0/4.0 threads so I can pull the trigger and get what's best. I love tuning on the 8s they have always responded well to upgrades.
Flex is important. Any. Comments on this....
Old 08-25-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I found this information:

"Radio EPA Settings: Losi by default turns too much, I find that adjusting the EPA the car gets much easier to drive. EPA is how much the wheel turn and is configurable on the radio"

What do you think about it?
Old 08-28-2017, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Stiffer plastics?

Am I the only one who wants stiffer plastics? I'm almost about to switch to a different car. Particularly the front arms get old/bent fast, affecting droop and pulling the shock ends out.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
Am I the only one who wants stiffer plastics? I'm almost about to switch to a different car. Particularly the front arms get old/bent fast, affecting droop and pulling the shock ends out.
They need to come out with new arms or hard arms. Constantly replacing the arms was one of the main factors that caused me to run a different car. Then when you replace the arms there is a whole procedure you need to go through to keep them from binding when the droop screw gets put in.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:30 PM
ASA
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack
I remember seeing some carbon arm stiffners somewhere but cant recall who had them.....might have been a T-Works or Infinity product?
Old 08-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

TLR was designed to flex. Its been like this on all their 8th scale. The 4.0 is better-updated plastic that does not stretch like the old ones. Ive been running my 4.0 since the car came out. Never broke an arm only changed to look better.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:02 PM
See
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASA
I remember seeing some carbon arm stiffners somewhere but cant recall who had them.....might have been a T-Works or Infinity product?
Xfactory makes them.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

They flex and never break, but require constant replacing.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Mugen and Ae guys complain arms break easy. I would rather have flex and replace after a season.
Sinn1612 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.