Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Dirt Nitro Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

If you want to see my choke job - go here!

https://youtu.be/5WsdUl_ZCys?list=PL...z_6fbjdiwB1CSf
Old 02-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know its weird to see only two Kyosho's and one Mugen in the top 15 at DNC. Lots of parity in the 8th scale world now days.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Apco1
So its all good to wreck a guy multiple times on the last lap as long as you wait for him? You don't think that there were any intentions in Maifields mind it might knock Ty off his game just long enough to get a "clean pass"?? Anyone who has raced RC knows that getting wrecked by someone, accident or intentional will often times lead to another wreck or mistake of your own making. Flow and rhythm are important things to winning a race. I thought Maifields ebuggy etiquette was pretty busch leaque. Just my .02 from what I saw on LRC, I could be wrong though. I was still happy to see Ty win truggy and Cav win nitro buggy. RC Karma if you ask me.
Thats what it appears to be. No one really cares because its just racing. Tessman had a small 6 or 7 car lead going into the burm, he gets hit, is allowed to go first but now that lead is 1 car length and people say "he let him go first." Really, am i the only one missing something? Look, it was clear mayfield was the quickest all day and ive seen him make some outstading moves
So dont tell me its just racing when his car goes straight into somone else's car.

Nitro buggy? That would have been an awsome pass but it wasnt even close to being a calculated move. It was a little overboard. What i call "taking a wild stab at it." Hahah. Here is a what if for ya. That was a pretty hard landing, what if he had landed on cavilari's car and snapped a tie rod, a arm, or shock tower?..........well i guess thats just racing?
If thats just racing how about we get rid of ROAR and just put a loop on the track and cut'em loose? That we do on the club level.

It was fun to watch though. Hahah.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
The Neobuggy review of the buggy race made it sound like all the excitement was about Maifield - and in a positive way.. Charging it. That's why I think he's fun to watch. Balls to the wall..
Notice how he didnt win any long race, driving "balls out" using everyone else as brakes?

Might be something in that...
Old 02-22-2016, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Socket
If you want to see my choke job - go here!

https://youtu.be/5WsdUl_ZCys?list=PL...z_6fbjdiwB1CSf
You were in the lead until right at the end?
Old 02-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bash bros
You were in the lead until right at the end?
Yep. Choked hard on the last lap....
Old 02-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Yep. Choked hard on the last lap....
Hard luck. Track looked so hard to drive, slippery then not then slippery again all in 1 corner
Old 02-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Franchise
Thats what it appears to be. No one really cares because its just racing. Tessman had a small 6 or 7 car lead going into the burm, he gets hit, is allowed to go first but now that lead is 1 car length and people say "he let him go first." Really, am i the only one missing something? Look, it was clear mayfield was the quickest all day and ive seen him make some outstading moves
So dont tell me its just racing when his car goes straight into somone else's car.

Nitro buggy? That would have been an awsome pass but it wasnt even close to being a calculated move. It was a little overboard. What i call "taking a wild stab at it." Hahah. Here is a what if for ya. That was a pretty hard landing, what if he had landed on cavilari's car and snapped a tie rod, a arm, or shock tower?..........well i guess thats just racing?
If thats just racing how about we get rid of ROAR and just put a loop on the track and cut'em loose? That we do on the club level.

It was fun to watch though. Hahah.
Right, what if landing on Cav like that would have caused something to bump the fly wheel from below just enough to kill it? Stranger things have happened. The TLR diehards will say it was just a guy racing for the win in both cases, ebuggy and nitro buggy. But I agree with the statement that Maifield made amazing clean racing moves all weekend, but when the race was on the line he started to hack.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gavel
Hard luck. Track looked so hard to drive, slippery then not then slippery again all in 1 corner
Every corner every lap was different. A-dub says it best in the broadcast - someone goes off line and sprays a ton of dust on the line, next guy by just skates when he hits the loose stuff.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:41 PM
Suspended

Right, what if landing on Cav like that would have caused something to bump the fly wheel from below just enough to kill it? Stranger things have happened. The TLR diehards will say it was just a guy racing for the win in both cases, ebuggy and nitro buggy. But I agree with the statement that Maifield made amazing clean racing moves all weekend, but when the race was on the line he started to hack.
I'm not saying it's impossible - Tessmann got a rock stuck in his buggy.

However lots of cars were throwing sparks throughout the night.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Does any one have video of sportsamn truck b main?
Old 02-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
Notice how he didnt win any long race, driving "balls out" using everyone else as brakes?

Might be something in that...
Fun to watch though..
Old 02-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

thatīs sums it up.
nitro buggy last lap step up move was ridiculous and made no sense...

...but honestly i think, maifield is the fastest guy on the planet under pressure. what heīs able to do in the finals when balls drop is insane.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After the Reedy Maifield was furious, he was hacked by SR and is dishing out because no one calls it. The book of faces is heated with the Rivkin-Lutz incident, and it is this we are taking from the 2016DNC? Was it do bad or is it tainted?

Will look at your driving Mr. Socket
Old 02-23-2016, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Everyone fails to realize that Ty had a battery that was dumping, if he had the power needed Mans would never have caught him. Also he was driving slower than normal in the racing line, Mans had no way of know this, hence he keeps getting into Ty... Ty was essentially driving a partially disabled vehicle on the last lap, it's like driving with a broken arm hope to finish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.