Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

I knew I had something common with The MaN Mr drake. still yet to win a race
Old 10-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
4 minutes, too long? Hmmmm
you could've at least threw in some instant replays/slow-mo of Drake saying he had no talent. lol.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
It also determines who you are as a forum member and is key to provide authentic feedbacks & experience and not just repeat what you read.
There are way too many guys on here just repeating what they read with NO real world experience.
I don't post anything that isn't a real world experience of mine and wish others would also.
Nothing worse than seeing someone at the track show up with forum gear that isn't what they needed at all.
And now feel the hobby is too costly or hard.
I kind of liked the idea of another thread where there was a suggestion of some kind of info next to a person's name that they are associated with giving bad info.

I want my 4 minutes back, lol.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
you could've at least threw in some instant replays/slow-mo of Drake saying he had no talent. lol.
LMAO! so wrong!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I sat across from Adam Drake at the 2013 Proline Down Under here in Australia for the 3 days and watched him prep his cars through practice, through the heats, bump ups and into the final and i must say he is amazing at the detail he goes to that insures his rides finish races.

Ive never seen anyone ever in 8 years of racing change shock end plastics before heats and then finals, pulls the side cutters out, cuts them and removes the ball, removes the plastic off the shaft, new plastic shock end on and refit the ball, just to be sure that they are in the best condition possible, thats just one fine point.

Truely a gentleman around the pits and it was a pleasure to chat across the 3 days with him even if i drive a completely diffent brand car, engine and so on.

Thanks for sharing
Old 10-21-2014, 12:32 AM
JQ
Tech Master

If you need to change shock ends before the heats and then again before the finals there may be a problem somewhere
Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ha ha... I was thinking exactly the same thing.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JQ
If you need to change shock ends before the heats and then again before the finals there may be a problem somewhere
You'd almost think that sort of thing was only needed if you drove a JQ!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:28 AM
JQ
Tech Master

You need to try harder than that, I have way more imaginative haters than you. Lame.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That was pretty lame.

Originally Posted by JQ
You need to try harder than that, I have way more imaginative haters than you. Lame.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Good point made by the video. I have to agree with Adam, that I know for a fact that I am not the best racer out there, by any means, but I am getting better with my setups, and help from the more seasoned racers is always appreciated. I've won a couple club races now where my fastest lap was a good 1.5 seconds slower than the fast guys, but I am consistent, and can get through traffic decently...... (Sometimes.. lol)..
Old 10-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
Like savagesam said, he does this as a preventative measure to prevent a DNF. Drake's attention to detail is uncanny and so is Gord & Ty Tessman's as well. They leave no rock unturned and ensure that their car is in the best shape it can be going into the finals. Saying that their car is "good enough" is not in their vocabulary and they give 110% towards prepping their cars. Just one less thing they need to worry about when racing. If they feel they need to rebuild shocks, diffs, replace plastic, etc. then they do it. It is what they feel necessary to be competitive. Doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong with the car. Could they leave their car alone and it still be fine? Yes, but then again what if that "part" you thought you needed to change before the main turned out to be the straw that broke the horses back? Chances are you won't make the same mistake twice. At the end of the day they want to say they did everything possible to get the best result they could and if changing out something small like shocks ends gives them peace of mind, then do it. Everything breaks, its a matter of when not how. Changing out old for new prolongs that "when." GO DRAKE!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

1 minute is too long
Old 10-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91
Like savagesam said, he does this as a preventative measure to prevent a DNF. Drake's attention to detail is uncanny and so is Gord & Ty Tessman's as well. They leave no rock unturned and ensure that their car is in the best shape it can be going into the finals. Saying that their car is "good enough" is not in their vocabulary and they give 110% towards prepping their cars. Just one less thing they need to worry about when racing. If they feel they need to rebuild shocks, diffs, replace plastic, etc. then they do it. It is what they feel necessary to be competitive. Doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong with the car. Could they leave their car alone and it still be fine? Yes, but then again what if that "part" you thought you needed to change before the main turned out to be the straw that broke the horses back? Chances are you won't make the same mistake twice. At the end of the day they want to say they did everything possible to get the best result they could and if changing out something small like shocks ends gives them peace of mind, then do it. Everything breaks, its a matter of when not how. Changing out old for new prolongs that "when." GO DRAKE!!!
I'm not the most experienced (or enthusiastic..) racer, but I am pretty sure that lots of people out there OVER-wrench, i.e. take stuff apart and replace things that just don't need it. Whenever I go to a race I'm kind of dumbfounded how people run a 5-minute qualifier, then entirely disassemble their car between heats. How can you even begin to get used to a car in five minutes? But there they are, taking diffs and shocks apart.. I talked about this with some older dudes at the last couple of races, and they were like yeah, it's mostly senseless... Not all wrenching of course, but doing it just to do it...

Who here has screwed themselves by wrenching on or replacing something that didn't need it? (ala Maifield with his new servo at the Worlds'...)

Anyway, sure, Drake is a master-preparer. But I think a lot of people see that and think "I have to completely disassemble my car after every 5-minute qualifier"..., and in so doing often cause more problems than they solve..
Old 10-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

I think do what make's you happy to keep your car on the track, if you feel you need to wrench something and don't do it, it will play on your mind while racing and more then likely bugger your race day. Just do what you want and don't worry bout anyone els. I've regretted not fixing or changing at some point on race days and did stuff me up big time. So do what makes your car stay on the track longer, Not picking up your car after 2 laps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.