Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nitro racing parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default nitro racing parts

hi! am starting to race some 1/8 nitro truggy events for the first time in 5 years, and was wondering what are the major truck parts to keep in stock in case of failure when racing? the "most important" to keep me racing and on the track. i know clutch bells,shoes are a major necessity,besides chassis parts and small screws /nuts. just limited to parts to race for now.any thing else to consider? AGAMA A8T
Old 05-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoborder73
hi! am starting to race some 1/8 nitro truggy events for the first time in 5 years, and was wondering what are the major truck parts to keep in stock in case of failure when racing? the "most important" to keep me racing and on the track. i know clutch bells,shoes are a major necessity,besides chassis parts and small screws /nuts. just limited to parts to race for now.any thing else to consider? AGAMA A8T
Set of arms, front and rear hubs, hub carriers, camber links, wing mount, a couple turnbuckles with ends, assorted bearings, a few shock parts( shafts, seals and pistons) hinge pins and holders. Maybe a spare servo that you could use for either steering or throttle, and possibly a RX.

Tire sets is a big one. If you don't have the correct tires for the track/ conditions, you will be at a big disadvantage.

Good luck and have fun.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Follow the above comment but unfortunately anything might break in a race. If you plan to race often, then you better stock every parts or have a spare car ready.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Everything - Especially here in CO as local shops wont carry the parts for your truck.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Between me and mark we should have most every thing you would need as long as we are there. Go AGAMA nation.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

I found someone selling a non running roller version of my truggy, now I know I have at least one extra Of everything. (not clutch shoes and clutch bells but all the plastic parts and driveline parts) its nice to have piece of mind knowing you have the parts you need