Wiki Posts
Search

VRC PRO questions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default VRC PRO questions?

sooooo , how fast is vrc pro for you guys?

its controlling of the car is very slow imo

any tips?
Old 12-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Try turning off all of the graphics intensive features and see if that improves the speed. If you don't have a strong graphics card, it can pull the speed down.

Also, is it only during racing, or is it when you're by yourself in a "practice track"? Wonder if internet connection speed could be a factor when trying to race with other folks online.

Heck, I've got to get a new computer before I can play at all....got a little taste over at my buddy's house, and was quite pleased. If you've still got my number, shoot me a text when you've had a chance to play it more. I'd like to get some honest feedback on whether or not it would be a good off-season training tool. If nothing else, would it be worth it just to get more "track time", so to speak, using my actual radio, know what I mean?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Stubbs
Try turning off all of the graphics intensive features and see if that improves the speed. If you don't have a strong graphics card, it can pull the speed down.

Also, is it only during racing, or is it when you're by yourself in a "practice track"? Wonder if internet connection speed could be a factor when trying to race with other folks online.

Heck, I've got to get a new computer before I can play at all....got a little taste over at my buddy's house, and was quite pleased. If you've still got my number, shoot me a text when you've had a chance to play it more. I'd like to get some honest feedback on whether or not it would be a good off-season training tool. If nothing else, would it be worth it just to get more "track time", so to speak, using my actual radio, know what I mean?
grapics card ok meets min. easily in practice is all i have daone

im feeling like i just wasted money , offroad kinda sucks

i think i want my money back , zzzuggh
Old 12-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've noticed that there's a very slight lag compared to actually being on the track. plus the physics seem to be a bit over/under exaggerated, ESPEACIALLY with 1/8 off road. it takes a monster of a gaming computer to truely see VRC at its finest, wich most of us don't have...yet...
Old 12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bet a lot of the lag your seeing is the computer itself, and not the program. all depends on the available resources of the machine at the time you pull the trigger. older USB (not USB 2.0) machines are gonna be a lot slower than, well, just about anything lol
Old 12-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I don't really like it either Monty. I rushed out to get everything needed but it's not very much fun. I have been playing around with the radio controls for expo and stuff but the car just does not drive anything like the real thing. I also can't find a good camera angle and I can't even tell which way the car is aimed when I'm at the back of the tracks. I can't even go straight!
My opinion is that it's not even close to actual experience so I may just be selling my plug in and take a lose on the membership.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

At first it will feel crap as you need to spend some time on you controller setup on your controller and the vrc controller options
Also getting a good setup makes a huge difference as well.

In the tips and forums you can find some good setups an a lot of other handy info.

Vrc is not just plug and play, it will take time to get it to feel right, just like anything the more time you put into it the more you will get out of it.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yea 1/8th sucks compared to the real thing way to loose and the cars act like they have drag brake when you let of the throttle to enter the corner..but I've got mine pretty good even though it's still nothing like the real thing in terms of handling
Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

NOTE: step 1 thing is you should calibrate your controller in the properties settings and follow the windows wizard, step 2 set the steering expo to 10% on the game controller option, step 3 set the throttle expo to 45% on the game controller options, step 4 make sure that your all values are set to zero on your controller.

This will give you a connected feel to the controller inputs so now its time to set up a car that feels the way you want, if settled on front diff 9k, centre 5k and rear 5k, 34 degree steering and then 95% front brakes and 75% rear brakes, give this a go and then fine tune from there, happy new year
Old 12-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

agree I am not happy with it at all and pre paid a yrs sub for 122.00....after 3-4 hrs I cant even put in a single clean/fast lap
Old 01-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yeah not the best experience so far and the setup seems to work in reverse.
Love onroad 1/8th nitro but, AND it's helping with my Buggy driving.

What the hell has roll bar link length got to do with offroad, never seen this adjustment in any real setup sheet?
Old 01-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by savagesam
NOTE: step 1 thing is you should calibrate your controller in the properties settings and follow the windows wizard, step 2 set the steering expo to 10% on the game controller option, step 3 set the throttle expo to 45% on the game controller options, step 4 make sure that your all values are set to zero on your controller.

This will give you a connected feel to the controller inputs so now its time to set up a car that feels the way you want, if settled on front diff 9k, centre 5k and rear 5k, 34 degree steering and then 95% front brakes and 75% rear brakes, give this a go and then fine tune from there, happy new year
Did calibration , didnt change the expo settings in game controls , controls are centered
Old 01-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by blktransam
agree I am not happy with it at all and pre paid a yrs sub for 122.00....after 3-4 hrs I cant even put in a single clean/fast lap
Umm ya , pretty close to where im at Ryan ,
Old 01-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam

I'm running 7/7/5,34 degree steering and it has helped some but still hard to be consistent with for sure
Old 01-01-2014, 02:48 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I do like the game it's a bit of radio time on the side. But i do agree it feels a little off.

The buggy just doesn't turn in. I've tried all kinds of setup changes and it just pushes or spins out. You spend the whole time right on the edge of spinning out while pushing through every corner. It really takes the fun out of it.
Everyone says it's all down to setup yet everyone has vastly different setups. Being a computer game with the same car and track conditions for everyone, you'd think people would be a little closer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.