Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree150Likes

Xray XB8

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Ray,
Get the cap for the front bearing that you put grease into from from Buku I think makes it, every motor will eventfully leak even my brand new speeds I break in so I tried the cap, night and day diff, without cap you could spray electronic cleaner and shut motor off if you spray enough and at a minimum make it stutter hard but with cap on you can empty the can and it sucks in nothing. It should keep any dust out as well and extend motor life possibly. I will never run without again. Also if you are having idling problems this could possibly solve many issues.
Originally Posted by kuruption
I ran the 10* kingpin blocks this yesterday. Loved the way the car handles with them instead of the 14s. My car was dialed all weekend (ran both Sat and Sun), but blew up TWO Savox HV servos on Saturday, and my motor problems continue. Narrowed it down to a leaking front bearing, so a replacement is in the mail.

Car ran so good yesterday, I think I sold a couple kits.. lol

And I agree about the shocks, the new shocks are much smoother. But the old shocks aren't bad.

Another note, for anyone wondering about whether to upgrade or go with an XB8 vs XB9. My lap times have greatly improved from last season, and I can drive the XB8 much harder, on the throttle sooner out of the corner. Car steers accurately and effectively... I don't lose corner speed, or feel like I need to slow down as much as I did with the XB9. Yesterday I ran the second fastest lap during the qualifiers with my XB8 in a field of 38. Like I said above, I think I sold a couple kits yesterday (or maybe the car did that... )
Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Marcus, Cade had a great weekend considering the limited time we have had with the XB8. Silver State is a tough race as most know and the 3rd qualifier was on a track that was getting pretty beat up. He hung in there in the B main and ended up 6th. It was a fun B main against a stacked field. Very successful weekend for both of us.

Originally Posted by mcion
Shout out to Cade, only 2 sec slower than Lutz and King in his qual 3 heat. Even faster than some other big names out there in the other 2 heats of pro buggy. Good Job for only having this car for 2 to 3 weeks. Got some big names with him in the B main.

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...itro_Buggy.xml
Old 04-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Good read. So I was correct in theory and wrong in term raise/lower.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
Ray,
Get the cap for the front bearing that you put grease into from from Buku I think makes it, every motor will eventfully leak even my brand new speeds I break in so I tried the cap, night and day diff, without cap you could spray electronic cleaner and shut motor off if you spray enough and at a minimum make it stutter hard but with cap on you can empty the can and it sucks in nothing. It should keep any dust out as well and extend motor life possibly. I will never run without again. Also if you are having idling problems this could possibly solve many issues.
That's the plan, but I just can't use them with the stock flywheel so I need to also buy a clutch... i'm also replacing the bearing just because it's so cheap.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

This car is great, a few big improvements i noticed over the xb9 12 are the shock shaft guides, the centre driveline and new clutch.

The shocks are super smooth and the shock shaft guides are a huge improvement over the xb9 12, which used to oval out easy. The new guides seem to really support the shaft better and will provide a more consistent longer life i think. Oil also seems to stay cleaner then i am used to.

The centre drive line also seems to be a lot more free. I do own a tki 3 which is known for its free wheelin and the XB8 i must say i right up there with it. Also wear on the shaft pins seems to be down after similar run times versus my xb9 12. I was hoping after going back to xray people would stop coming by to spin my tki 3 driveline but now they come to spin my XB8 driveline and are equally blown away. lol

And the new clutch. I have always hated 3 shoe kit clutches, i found the shoes wore to quick, mushroomed quick and grooved out the clutch bell and are expensive. I just didn't like them, i switched to a 4 shoe werks and was happy. But this new clutch seems to have very good wear characteristics. I like how the shoe has the washer built in basically, to keep the shoe from the flywheel face. And they seems to wear nice and flat with very little wear and mushrooming. I may actually run this stock clutch as is.

And as far as how the car handles it is everything i expected. The King Pin Inclination front end really makes the car easy to drive with loads of corner entry mid and exit steering. And tonnes of corner speed.

I did snap a front bulkhead but looks like it was from a hard crash, seems as if it was wrenched from behind.

AND NO FRONT AXLES POPPING OUT WITH KIT SETUP. I ran The Canadian Indoor Offroad Shootout which consisted of thurs open practice, friday controlled practice, sat qualies and sunday mains. I ran about 1.5 gallons with zero issues on the car.

Don't hesitate to pick one of these up.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fullout
This car is great, a few big improvements i noticed over the xb9 12 are the shock shaft guides, the centre driveline and new clutch.

The shocks are super smooth and the shock shaft guides are a huge improvement over the xb9 12, which used to oval out easy. The new guides seem to really support the shaft better and will provide a more consistent longer life i think. Oil also seems to stay cleaner then i am used to.

The centre drive line also seems to be a lot more free. I do own a tki 3 which is known for its free wheelin and the XB8 i must say i right up there with it. Also wear on the shaft pins seems to be down after similar run times versus my xb9 12. I was hoping after going back to xray people would stop coming by to spin my tki 3 driveline but now they come to spin my XB8 driveline and are equally blown away. lol

And the new clutch. I have always hated 3 shoe kit clutches, i found the shoes wore to quick, mushroomed quick and grooved out the clutch bell and are expensive. I just didn't like them, i switched to a 4 shoe werks and was happy. But this new clutch seems to have very good wear characteristics. I like how the shoe has the washer built in basically, to keep the shoe from the flywheel face. And they seems to wear nice and flat with very little wear and mushrooming. I may actually run this stock clutch as is.

And as far as how the car handles it is everything i expected. The King Pin Inclination front end really makes the car easy to drive with loads of corner entry mid and exit steering. And tonnes of corner speed.

I did snap a front bulkhead but looks like it was from a hard crash, seems as if it was wrenched from behind.

AND NO FRONT AXLES POPPING OUT WITH KIT SETUP. I ran The Canadian Indoor Offroad Shootout which consisted of thurs open practice, friday controlled practice, sat qualies and sunday mains. I ran about 1.5 gallons with zero issues on the car.

Don't hesitate to pick one of these up.
Haha.. You know, I was kind of thinking about the drivetrain after this weekend. After a very dusty Saturday and Sunday of racing, someone came over to my pit and was astonished by how free the drivetrain was. And your point about the clutch is very good, too. I never liked 3 shoe clutches, but the new one on the XB9'13 and XB8 both excel, I'm very happy with them.

As for durability, nothing broken yet. I even T-boned someone at the end of the straight after my second qualifier on Sunday... nothing broke. And I haven't had a single drive shaft pop out. I forgot to mention these previously... because it is my default answer to anything on these cars breaking -- it just doesn't. If I break something, I'll mention it.

And to be honest, I was surprised I didn't break anything after this impact at the end of the straight (I was going full speed)... and everyone who saw the impact believed the car would be in pieces... but that just goes to show the quality of the Xray cars.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

I broke mine somehow....no idea when or how...noticed it prepping for final...

Didn't cause a DNF or anything but is something worth keeping an eye on or carrying as a spare...
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB8-image.jpg  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Seems Soar have come up with a similar front upper arm/pivot ball type arrangement....

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/04/15/f...ng-soar-seiki/
Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
I broke mine somehow....no idea when or how...noticed it prepping for final...

Didn't cause a DNF or anything but is something worth keeping an eye on or carrying as a spare...
Yup... if the upper A-arm is going to break, that's the place it'll happen. And as I've said before, upper A-arms break... they break in the Mugen... they break in the AE... and they will most likely break in the Xray.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay am all set to leave for Neobuggy in about an hour and half, as usual no sleep before the flight of an international race event, first time attending Neobuggy should be fun.

Some eye candy for you folks out there.

All tucked in nice and snug.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Good luck
Old 04-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Give them hell
Old 04-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Very nice!

As I see it, you have a lot of fuel line + a fuel filter. With all that fuel line the exhaust will not be able to make enough pressure in the tank so you'll need richer needles settings to get enough fuel to the engine.
With all that fuel line and the extra fuel filter, you are spot on or over the limit of 125 ml of fuel in the tank incl. fuel line .
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good luck looking hawt!!!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I only see thicker rear anti roll bars avaible on Amain/absolute. What's the deal with the fronts ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.