Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho Burns Engine Replacement >

Kyosho Burns Engine Replacement

Kyosho Burns Engine Replacement

Old 12-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Burns Engine Replacement

I really need some help. I am trying to replace an old OS Max 21 RF in my restoration project Kyosho Burns.

The problem I have is the old engine has a collet on the shaft to which a keyed spacer fits followed by the flywheel, then a 2 shoe clutch.

Newer engines have no collet on the shaft so I cannot use my current spacer /flywheel.

Has anyone any ideas or have you done this before. I have attached a picture of the current setup.

Any help would be appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Burns Engine Replacement-image.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Initiate

indeed you can't use your spacer/flywheel.

but you can use a cone + modern flywheel. I used a flywheel from the next generation Infernos on my Turbo Burns. Actually, any flywheel that has a similar diameter, and similar distance betw engine front & wheel should fit, just check at your local store. And get the shoes & springs that go with it.

(note : some Burns had plastic bevel gear on the diff. I'd avoid investing in such a car... Only the metal-to-metal bevels have enough durability to justify further investment)