Wiki Posts
Search

Hara's weapon of choice!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Awesome

Last edited by janderson78; 02-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

I have never made a habit of speaking out about my former relationship to GS and I won't be starting now. But I will say that my relationship with Scott has always been positive. We have been great friends for 12 years and I am happy that he has succeeded with SWORKZ.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

new buggy coming soon
Old 01-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by janderson78
Marty didnt you lose a lot with the GS Racing deal. I know Scott was running that for some time.
So I'm the peanut galllery. With that acknowledged, who asks questions like that on a public forum?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inpuressa
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

new buggy coming soon
He's says the Sworkz is only 70% and other cars are better... so of course he went for the Money :-)
Old 01-31-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattjk
He's says the Sworkz is only 70% and other cars are better... so of course he went for the Money :-)
Ofcourse it's for the money, it's always for the money.........but I think it's good business n Hara is a smart man if he did say that.........because what that tells the public is it's room for improvement, which makes us believe the car will actually get better from Hara's input!!! N I honestly think it will........ so with that being said, the next model after this current Evo is goin to sale like cotton n corn
Old 01-31-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'm waiting to see what happens with pricing like Rsickles said. If S works releases a Hara edition buggy that is priced like the MBX7 and the parts are Mugen priced as well why not just buy the MBX7? Racers can walk into just about any shop and find parts for Mugen. S Works.... Not so much.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I'm waiting to see what happens with pricing like Rsickles said. If S works releases a Hara edition buggy that is priced like the MBX7 and the parts are Mugen priced as well why not just buy the MBX7? Racers can walk into just about any shop and find parts for Mugen. S Works.... Not so much.
A future hara edition kit could possibly attract a premium, but I cant see sworkz spares prices increasing significantly to mugen price levels as a result.

In this day and age of internet shopping, I don't really see shop-front availability for sworkz as being a major issue - parts are merely a click'n ship away and shipping really doesn't take that long at all. You go 1 or maybe 2 weeks at a stretch not being able to play with a toy car....big deal. The proliferation and reliance upon store-front hobby shops is not like it was 5or so years ago.

Future sales volume and renewed demand by consumers will most likely take up any speculative/perceived shortfall in funds some people are thinking Speedmaster/Sworkz may have in acquiring Hara.

Having said that.....Sworkz may not be prolific in the US, but they are a hugely popular brand in Asia. A lot of the commentary here is US-based (obviously being the rc-tech forum) relating to availability/distribution etc - people don't realise that the rc consumer market in Asia (China/Hong Kong, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore etc) dwarfs the US by a fair bit.

But that's just my opinion.

Awesome news re the hara signing either way!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Super cool, both my sworkz cars have been great and rock solid. Their materials are very good.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:42 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mattjk
JQ was 80%. Thank you sir.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
JQ was 80%. Thank you sir.
Hahaha!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

janderson,

seems like u r still sore over the whole Sworkz thing. It was not Sworkz fault with u so please move on. You seem to be unhappy whenever Sworkz do well.

Sworkz did fantastically well in most countries and is 1 of those few RC brands that grew heaps and bounds in this short 3 years. I am 1 of those rc distributors that owe my business growth to Scott and Sworkz. Hara will never sign for something he didnt believe in and yes, he is paid handsomely by Speedmaster Taiwan which he deserves. This is Atsushi Hara, 1 of the most recognized RC icons in the world.

The $ of Sworkz parts will not go up that much dont worry. Maybe just a slight increase in the future? The quality of Sworkz is still top notch and the $ out of this world. The current Evo is really top notch. Drive and test it. Its 1 solid buggy.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Check out this feature / poll on RCN
http://www.rcnews.net/2014/02/01/har...l-future-poll/
Old 02-01-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hara makes his living racing RC cars, of course he has to consider a healthy paycheck. Haras weapon of choice is ultimately his to decide. The fact that Hara is talked about all over the internet and in rc magazines all over the world, I think brings a added pressure to perform, and in some cases rc burnout. Yet Hara is always a contender at every event and represents his sponsors well. Hara deserves and should demand top dollar for his services, because like him or not chances are you can't beat him.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kylehirano
Hara makes his living racing RC cars, of course he has to consider a healthy paycheck. Haras weapon of choice is ultimately his to decide. The fact that Hara is talked about all over the internet and in rc magazines all over the world, I think brings a added pressure to perform, and in some cases rc burnout. Yet Hara is always a contender at every event and represents his sponsors well. Hara deserves and should demand top dollar for his services, because like him or not chances are you can't beat him.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.